Another Prophecy thread from Ice Bear- Lol. The hour is finally at hand for McGoat haters to repent.

Yah and we're not a big fan of the Jones base spewing that he's number 1 P4P. Goes both ways.

But, he is #1 p4p. That's a fact, Jack.

zH0ShEJ.png

If he beats Aldo people will admit he has elite striking but that he is still going to lose to a wrestler. If he beats Frankie after that they will say Frankie was over the hill and not the best wrestler and that he has to fight Mendes. If he beats Mendes then the majority of people will begrudgingly admit that he is the best 145 er....the others will say the wins over everyone were flukes and he needs to fight Aldo again.

If he beats Aldo people will admit he has elite striking but that he is still going to lose to a wrestler. If he beats Frankie after that they will say Frankie was over the hill and not the best wrestler and that he has to fight Mendes. If he beats Mendes then the majority of people will begrudgingly admit that he is the best 145 er....the others will say the wins over everyone were flukes and he needs to fight Aldo again.

Aldo will get an instant rematch.

Especially since he's the last Brazilian champ.

Aldo will get an instant rematch.

Especially since he's the last Brazilian champ.

Certainly possible, especially if it goes the distance, but I have a feeling they'll make Aldo fight once before a rematch if Conor finishes him or wins decisively. They are going to want fresh promotion from Conor and to keep Aldo away from winning the belt back.

I could see it going either way.

Certainly possible, especially if it goes the distance, but I have a feeling they'll make Aldo fight once before a rematch if Conor finishes him or wins decisively. They are going to want fresh promotion from Conor and to keep Aldo away from winning the belt back.

I could see it going either way.

They gave Barao an instant rematch.

Let that sink in.

Plus, they'd probably think an Aldo-McGregor rematch would sell big.

Nope. The man has not been in a 5 round war and the longer the fight goes, the worse it will be for Conor. His ground game is unproven and he will begin to doubt himself when the fight goes the distance or doesn't go his way. He better be preparing for a 5 round war because this isn't Aldo's fight one.

I don't think I heard anyone say any of those things in the OP, in fact it's pretty much the opposite(bar maybe Brimage) most people think he's being protected and given opponents that suit him so he could get to the title without losing his hype.

They gave Barao an instant rematch.

Let that sink in.

Plus, they'd probably think an Aldo-McGregor rematch would sell big.

Yeah but there are no real contenders at 135 and TJ won't fight Faber so it was an easy choice to give Barao the shot.

Frankie vs Conor would be a "huge" fight if Conor puts Aldo away, plus Frankie has already earned the shot, and will likely have knocked off another contender by then.

Or Aldo vs McGregor II may be huge depending on the story that comes from the first fight. I can see it either way.

In any case, many people will not give Conor credit as being a champion unless he beats all 3 of those guys, not just Aldo, and he'll probably have to beat Aldo twice for many to believe it.

Yeah but there are no real contenders at 135 and TJ won't fight Faber so it was an easy choice to give Barao the shot.

Frankie vs Conor would be a "huge" fight if Conor puts Aldo away, plus Frankie has already earned the shot, and will likely have knocked off another contender by then.

Or Aldo vs McGregor II may be huge depending on the story that comes from the first fight. I can see it either way.

In any case, many people will not give Conor credit as being a champion unless he beats all 3 of those guys, not just Aldo, and he'll probably have to beat Aldo twice for many to believe it.

In the UFC there's no such thing as an "earned" title shot until you are scheduled to fight the champ. It can be taken away at any time, for any reason.

I'm telling ya, Aldo getting a rematch via the long time champ clause is a lock.

I don't think I heard anyone say any of those things in the OP, in fact it's pretty much the opposite(bar maybe Brimage) most people think he's being protected and given opponents that suit him so he could get to the title without losing his hype.

You must not come to sherdog often then. Many people said this shit. The haters really got their hopes up for poirer

Nope. The man has not been in a 5 round war and the longer the fight goes, the worse it will be for Conor. His ground game is unproven and he will begin to doubt himself when the fight goes the distance or doesn't go his way. He better be preparing for a 5 round war because this isn't Aldo's fight one.

Lol right because Aldo gets better and better as the fight goes on? Who are you kidding?

did anyone think siver or poirier were going to beat conor?

10/10

It is funny looking back on it all. :icon_lol: First 'Brim' was gonna touch that ass up and spark McGregor, then Holloway was gonna outstrike him, then Brandao was going to sub or knock him out, then Dustin Poirier was gonna outstrike or sub him since he subbed Holloway, then Siver was going to catch him with a shot ala GSP-Serra or wrestle him and get an easy submission, and now Aldo is going to outstrike and finish him or sub him. Same old story it seems. Aldo is such a finishing machine their claims make so much sense.

After he beats Aldo he'll be on a 6 fight win streak in the UFC. Lightning may strike twice but not a half-dozen times in a row. When will these kids learn? I hate slow learners.

To be fair I don't think anyone thought Siver would win. Maybe land some shots but everyone knew Conor was winning that one.

10/10

It is funny looking back on it all. :icon_lol: First 'Brim' was gonna touch that ass up and spark McGregor, then Holloway was gonna outstrike him, then Brandao was going to sub or knock him out, then Dustin Poirier was gonna outstrike or sub him since he subbed Holloway, then Siver was going to catch him with a shot ala GSP-Serra or wrestle him and get an easy submission, and now Aldo is going to outstrike and finish him or sub him. Same old story it seems. Aldo is such a finishing machine their claims make so much sense.

After he beats Aldo he'll be on a 6 fight win streak in the UFC. Lightning may strike twice but not a half-dozen times in a row. When will these kids learn? I hate slow learners.

I wonder if people even remember that the whole GOAT thing was started by conor haters to mock him because of the way he talks? that kinda turned on the haters didnt it? :)

Back