Crime Another prominent Hollywood figure and Academy member convicted of a sex crime (child molestation)

Has the guy donated to a political campaign? If so, he should be on OpenSecrets.

Wouldn't that clear up the political aspect people are trying to angle here?
Good idea. Based on my search, it appears he hasn't donated to anyone. It also appears that his namesakes who donated, almost all donated to Democrats and the Democratic Party and their PAC. Most prominently an attorney in the St. Louis area, a doctor in the Boston area and a Philadelphia area professor. But Jeffrey Coopers from across the country almost always donated to Democrats for whatever reason. The one (that I know of at least) who regularly donates to Republicans is a pediatrician from the Atlanta area.

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=jeffrey+cooper&page=1

Apparently, this guy was arrested and charged in 2018 and the trial started right after the Will Smith nonsense, but he still hasn't been expelled from the Academy.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...r-child-molestation-trial-hollywood-architect

The trial is expected to last three weeks. If convicted on all counts, Cooper is looking at the possibility of life in prison. The case has drawn scrutiny because of Cooper’s continued membership in the film academy, four years after he was arrested.

In June 2018, L.A. County Special Victims Bureau detectives arrested Cooper, then 66, on suspicion of multiple counts of child molestation, according to court records. The acts are alleged to have occurred on one victim between November 2006 and November 2007 and on a second between January 2012 and July 2016, according to the felony complaint for the arrest warrant. At the time of Cooper’s arrest, investigators had identified two female victims.

The alleged victims are now 16 and 28, said Neda Lotfi, a lawyer representing them and their families. Cooper was a friend of one of the girl’s parents and one of their grandparents; they frequented Cooper’s Calabasas home, where the incidents are alleged to have occurred, Lotfi said.

UPDATE:

This guy only got 8 years for raping his 12 year old victim three times.

Think that's bad? This POS faced 40 years got 4 months. Being worth 3B certainly helps. If you got money you don't have shit to worry about.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2014/06/09/s-c-johnson-billionaire-gets-4-months-jail-6k-fine-in-child-sex-assault-case

Bet he’ll be transferred to a cushy minimum security prison and will be out in 5. There’s no justice when these types do something
Types as in wealthy, privileged, elite class?

Yeah. Guy didn’t make marvel movies so he doesn’t know who this could even be.
I genuinely find it difficult to track all the prominent user names and personalities after all these years on the Sherdog forum. That said, I'm almost certain forum member Scold is either a film critic or a member of the entertainment industry.

I defer to theit judgement on the issue of prominence. That said, the light sentencing seems the pertinent and pressing issue for laypersons like myself. Absolutely disgusting.

Back