Another LGBTQ Superhero. New TV show will make Batwoman an out Lesbian fighting for social justice

Well, at least they'll have a proper reason for the gravely butch "bat" voice now.

For all the people worried about the gays on tv out there.
It's not much different then what happened to black people in movies and on tv in the 60's - 70's when we saw more characters and more screen time for them and nothing bad happened to the world.
It will be the same with the gay community.
You will see them more, but nothing bad will happen, don't worry it will all be ok.
Climatechange will kill us long before the gays do. :D:D:D

For all the people worried about the gays on tv out there.
It's not much different then what happened to black people in movies and on tv in the 60's - 70's when we saw more characters and more screen time for them and nothing bad happened to the world.
It will be the same with the gay community.
You will see them more, but nothing bad will happen, don't worry it will all be ok.
Climatechange will kill us long before the gays do. :D:D:D

Well, I would not say that African-American cultural impact has been a thoroughly positive one.

I would say that healthy skepticism is always in order, to prevent unnecessary excesses.

Something I have never, ever seen from the so-called LGBT lobby, is the ability for self-critique. That is bound to cause problems.

In an era where we are quick to point out toxic masculinity, I believe we should also be able to point out toxic homosexuality/feminism and so forth.

Last edited:
He did not say the villain was gay he said they were given effeminate traits. When the joker was introduced they did not say the joker is gay.

I never said I had a problem with a gay character. What I said was why do they need to even identify what sexual orientation she is? It has no bearing on her character. It does not make her a better crime fighter because she scissors with another chick. The only reason to have her be a lesbian is because it is the cool thing to do now. When lesbian is not edgy or cool enough it will be a tranny, then it will be pansexual and so on. Hollywood is spot on with their crap now. They have no true creative ideas anymore. Make the men woman, make the whites black, make the lead character gay.

Do you think the show is going to be like COPS or something where it is only about crime fighting? Obviously if you want to develop a character, love and sex is going to be a part of that character's story (e.g., there has been a love interest in all of the Batman films). So again, the character is gay, so what?
th
th
th
th
th
th

I wonder if the people reflexively (and factually incorrectly) complaining would have even a slight issue with making her character hetero?

Rhetorical question obv. They care about "gay" and not about preserving the sexuality.

Lulz

Please follow that template then.

Name of Superhero / Scene that shows us his sexual orientation (hero being teased/kissed by a woman doesn't count).

Batman, Iron Man, Thor, Spiderman, Superman, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage.... The list goes on.

All these guys are seen having heterosexual romantic relationships.

Do you think the show is going to be like COPS or something where it is only about crime fighting? Obviously if you want to develop a character, love and sex is going to be a part of that character's story (e.g., there has been a love interest in all of the Batman films). So again, the character is gay, so what?
th
th
th
th
th
th
Pfieffer was the best one by far
Please follow that template then.

Name of Superhero / Scene that shows us his sexual orientation (hero being teased/kissed by a woman doesn't count).
The guy I quoted above did so for all the Batman movies. In fact Batman being a playboy and sleeping around with beautiful women and Superman's relationship with Lois Lane are a consistent part of their persona. Spiderman also has various love interests like Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy that are reoccurring characters and figure prominently in his stories("Oh man, gotta catch these bank robbers quick or I'll be late for my date with MJ!")

Inclusiveness is fine, which is why I said there is no problem here, but speaking to the larger issue, there can be zero doubt at this point that Hollywood has become a liberal propaganda machine bent on indoctrinating viewers to their politics by virtue of their storytelling decisions.
All that matters is if the character is true to canon. As I found out, it is indeed canon for batwoman to be lGBT. Therefore there is no need to be bent about her character being gay...

All that matters is if the character is true to canon. As I found out, it is indeed canon for batwoman to be lGBT. Therefore there is no need to be bent about her character being gay...
No, obviously, staying true to canon isn't important to Hollywood, at all, but "getting bent" over this has nothing to do with it.

I didn't object to that. I have made that clear twice, now. I was rebutting the notion that there isn't a clear, protracted, ongoing political indoctrination effort that has consumed Hollywood.

how is @Ripskater always the first to find these news about gays and trannys? Do you have some kind of gay panic alert system?

No, obviously, staying true to canon isn't important to Hollywood, at all, but "getting bent" over this has nothing to do with it.

I didn't object to that. I have made that clear twice, now. I was rebutting the notion that there isn't a clear, protracted, ongoing political indoctrination effort that has consumed Hollywood.
Television and film have always projected values, people just don't like the current set of values being peddled by it.

1. The hero not the villain is gay, which is new.
2. Exactly, what does her sexual orientation have to do with her abilities, she is gay, so what? People are gay, some cops are gay, some soldiers are gay, etc., it's only a thing if you have a problem with people being gay and are such a snowflake that you can't handle gay characters.

when has the bad guy been the gay???
that's exactly the sort of out-of-touch propaganda that people are attacking gays when in reality 80% of americans are ok w gay marriage, myself included.

but when you shove it down ppls throats every 5 min on all the media it gets old.

they're now asking kids in schools what their "gender identify" is and putting all sorts of weird ideas into their heads.

Back