Another GoT thread - Anyone else not care for Theon Greyjoy?

theon is a douche but he was delt a harsh card in life so i cant hate him for it.

Theon is a dweeb but I liked him better than gullible Robb.

Anyways, Theon gets his punishments 10 fold.

I fucking hate him.

The only characters I hate as much are Cersie, Jofffrey and Shae.

This.

Everytime I think I'm starting to feel bad for him, I remind myself that he massacred a town and killed kids to feed his ego.

Stannis & Theon's characters are more believable, more human in a sea of fantasy characters acting out their templates.

He is a good character because you hate him and feel sorry for him at the same time.

Other good ones are Jamie and the hound,
If you listed on the shit he has done he is complete and utter piece of shit but you just have to like him at the same time.

Cersei, the mountain and Jofferey are a bit too simple they are just fucked up, completely fucked up.

After betraying the Starks and killing those kids, he deserves anything he gets from Ramsay.

Robb had a little too much faith in stockholm syndrome.

i would disagree with this. i think it is more of reaping what you sow.

Reaping what you sow would be a swift execution.

He's going through mental and physical torture over a very long period, complete anguish. Not that I care, I still wish he'd get killed off the show so the screentime would go to characters that are interesting.

Reaping what you sow would be a swift execution.

He's going through mental and physical torture over a very long period, complete anguish. Not that I care, I still wish he'd get killed off the show so the screentime would go to characters that are interesting.

he reaped the seeds of betrayal and childcide and he is now suffering.

and swift execution is too good for that

GearSolidMetal said:
My issue with the show is now it seems like the show is trying to make us feel sorry for him,

every aspect of the show is designed to challenge your view of right and wrong as black and white concepts.

Yes a character like Theon or Jamie can be both good and bad, despised and gain sympathy at the same time.

Very few writers are willing to take on such in their writing.

His bitch can/sister should have killed him out of mercy target than leaving him the way he was

I just hope they go somewhere with it because just playing a vessel to show how Ramsey is so deranged is getting old and time that could be spent better on other characters. Much more interested in tri pod and his technique for getting hookers without paying.

"wasting screen time" is being thrown around too much on here, oh, you're right! Let's spend more screen time on "the adventures of Sam and Gilly" or "the romance of Grey Worm and Missende" or "the never ending mystery of Bran and the Reid children" ... .. yeah, we need more screen time of those "interesting characters" /sarc

Greyjoy's story is unique, developing and very interesting IMO. People are confusing thier hatred for Theon as Theon being boring ... he is easy to hate on, but he is anything but boring.

IMO. His inner turmoil and the "fight" for his soul is one of the more interesting stories in GoT.

Last edited:
Theon is a bitch for sure.

Reek on the other hand.

It rhymes with sneak.

He is a good character because you hate him and feel sorry for him at the same time.

Other good ones are Jamie and the hound,
If you listed on the shit he has done he is complete and utter piece of shit but you just have to like him at the same time.

Cersei, the mountain and Jofferey are a bit too simple they are just fucked up, completely fucked up.

The show has painted Cersei in at least a little bit of a sympathetic light. She's not just one dimensional. Joff and the Mountain are just monsters.

Back