Another GoT thread - Anyone else not care for Theon Greyjoy?

Fuck Theon! Watching him get his dick cut off and the constant humiliation was/is one of the greatest pleasures in tv history.

I've watched GoT from the beginning, but only because a big fan in the 3rd season. The one character that's rubbed me the wrong way is Theon. All the protagonists and antagonists I've enjoyed cheering for and cheering against - even Joffery.

Theon, on the other hand... seems like a waste of screentime. I understand his complete story, but after his horrible actions in the 2nd season (betraying Rob, invading Winterfell, beheading that guy that braids his hair in a funny way, killing the 2 farmer's kids and saying they were the Stark kids, burning Winterfell to the ground, etc and whatever I'm leaving out).

My issue with the show is now it seems like the show is trying to make us feel sorry for him, his torture throughout Season 3, his losing of his 'favorite toy,' his brainwashing to become Reek, the Stockholm Syndrome... I don't care. If he gets killed off I'll celebrate that he's no longer depriving far better characters screentime.

I bet the show is going to go through a multiple season redemption arc, and then get killed off tragically. Hopefully I'm wrong, and GRRM usually doesn't do predictable clich

He's a very interesting character, imo.

After betraying the Starks and killing those kids, he deserves anything he gets from Ramsay.

I just hope they go somewhere with it because just playing a vessel to show how Ramsey is so deranged is getting old and time that could be spent better on other characters. Much more interested in tri pod and his technique for getting hookers without paying.

Hope there is a point to characters like him...GoT has just as many filler characters as interesting

On eof my favorite characters. What happened to him?

Fuck Theon! Watching him get his dick cut off and the constant humiliation was/is one of the greatest pleasures in tv history.

dude you got issues

on topic:
I didnt like him but what he went through made me uncomfortable, I seen a lot of horror movies and cruel stuff but that treatment is just unhuman. I hope he turns the tables around against ramsay (in a way that Ramsay becomes the Reek you know?).

He tried to gain respect from his real father & sister & people by backstabbing his "foster"family the starks and now the starks hate him and the greyjoys left him to rot away. He is totally on his own now.
He should just kill ramsay and make a run for it.

didnt vote, hard to pick an answer

Last edited:
Think the character waste's showtime that could be used for more interesting characters.

I didn't like Joffrey, but he was interesting.

I don't care for Theon Greyjoy and find him boring and useless.

Also, Daenerys was a character I was invested in but have grown bored with. It's the same shit over and over with her.

Show needs more Hound.

Last edited:
Cant really hate him for getting iron islanders butchered like a lot of people do. The islanders are extremely cruel and brutal people.

I was hoping he could redeem himself but at this point there's no one he can redeem himself to. Everyone he betrayed is dead.

He's Lily Allen's brother, I care dammit.

I can't even really hate on Theon too hard when people like Ramsay, Walder, Mountain and Cersei exist. They make people like Theon and Jaime seem middle of the road by comparison.

Mods, rename this thread, "Another GoT thread - Anyone else not care for reek?"

dude you got issues

on topic:
I didnt like him but what he went through made me uncomfortable, I seen a lot of horror movies and cruel stuff but that treatment is just unhuman. I hope he turns the tables around against ramsay (in a way that Ramsay becomes the Reek you know?).

He tried to gain respect from his real father & sister & people by backstabbing his "foster"family the starks and now the starks hate him and the greyjoys left him to rot away. He is totally on his own now.
He should just kill ramsay and make a run for it.

didnt vote, hard to pick an answer

His real dad is Eddard Stark and his real brother is Robb Stark. Just like he confessed. He deserves everything he gets.

Back