Another former Strikeforce Fighter........

TS doesn't like WMMA.

Forgot Rhonda Rousey and Meisha Tate.

You can agrue overeem of course but that's it really. He got his best career win in the ufc ..rockold and Woodley too but he lost 3 times under zuffa. And Belfort and bisping beat rockhold. shutdown...Cromier is the only exception even tho Jones beat him.

Wec would be the better of imo

Aldo Pettis bendo Cruz alone makes the case
Pettis? Once upon a time maybe. He has lost three straight. Overeem, Rockhold, and Woodley have never lost three straight under Zuffa.

well If your point was the roster was strong when purchased I agree wholeheartedly. I don't think that was ever in contention they were the clear number in most eyes. Others say wec. Like myself. But sure it was a great roster. Nobody can argue against that and mean it.
I'm just suprised so many of them have made title runs. The talent gap was much closer than most people anticipated. After getting destroyed by Marquardt I never though Woodley would become UFC champ.

It really is the ufc hype machine, and the new fans who fall for it. I stopped believe the ufc had all the best fighters a while ago.

First it was wec, then it was strikeforce, now it's bellator who have a bunch of cans who can't compete with the ufc.

Eddie just won ufc gold...

Wilson Reis was scheduled to fight Mighty Mouse before mm got injured, and just won last night as well. Anyone who doesn't know who Wilson Reis is. He was basically a middle of the pack bellator fighter. He lost 4 times in bellator including twice to pitbull(one by ko) and was also koed by dantas.

Had he not signed with the ufc, he would have been just another bellator bum who wouldn't make it in the ufc. But here he is, lined up for a title shot.

First off, LOL at people who are hung up on "Strikeforce fighters" versus "UFC fighters." They all train at the same gyms.

Second, no one considered the guys you listed to be the B league fighters you're implying other than buffoons like you, TS.

StrikeForce Woodley wasn't as complete of a fighter but that is besides the point. Talent in all of these promotions. UFC usually just has more talent per weight class because they have more fighters.

First off, LOL at people who are hung up on "Strikeforce fighters" versus "UFC fighters." They all train at the same gyms.

Second, no one considered the guys you listed to be the B league fighters you're implying other than buffoons like you, TS.
Ur a dumbass. Nobody said they were B Level before they came over. It was implied they weren't championship material. The whole point is the power of the UFC hype machine. The only buffon is you making assumptions.

scott_coker.jpg

I loved Strikeforce it always had a pleasant vibe to it. It felt all happy and summery those west coast vibes :)

And now we see they had legit talent that was definitely UFC worthy!

Strikeforce was a great MMA promotion. I always felt they were on par with the UFC in terms of talent, just a little behind in terms of production. Not surprising that so many Strikeforce fighters have found success in the UFC.

When Strikeforce was around 95% of posts on here said they were a second rate company with fighters that could never be top 10 in the UFC. Look at them now most have been or are current UFC champions and lots of them are in the top 5 in every division.

Same can be said for Bellator M-1 and soon RIZIN where 95% of posts on here say the fighters in those Orgs are inferior. If that were really true then why wouldn't the UFC allow it's champions to fight champions in these other Orgs? It has been proven and documented the UFC for many years have people on the payroll that are on these and other forums posting bullshit about the UFC having the best of the best and people believe every word of it. Until UFC champions are allowed to fight other champions they can never say they have the best of the best.

I like the logic that so many people use, according to which: fighters will never be considered "UFC fighters" if they have fought in another organization before, no matter how many fights have passed and how much better they have become by fighting UFC caliber competition.

As an example, Woodly still counts as a "Strikeforce fighter", even after 8 fights in the UFC. I guess by that logic, Strikeforce was a really shitty organization, they had as champions: Overeem (a pride/dream fighter), Dan Henderson (a UFC fighter), Rockhold (a Melee on the Mountain fighter), Saffiedine (a Dream fighter) and Melendez (a Shooto fighter). What a shitty organization! 0 fighters from their own.

The real question you should be asking if you want to know which promotion had the best fighters is: would have Tyron Woodley beaten GSP back in 2012? I think you know the answer.

Pettis? Once upon a time maybe. He has lost three straight. Overeem, Rockhold, and Woodley have never lost three straight under Zuffa.
true but Aldo Cruz barao and even bendo had better runs in tougher divisions and defended there titles at least once nobody from strikeforce has yet besides cromier. And im a fan of all these guys but wec guys have a better resume to me.

I like the logic that so many people use, according to which: fighters will never be considered "UFC fighters" if they have fought in another organization before, no matter how many fights have passed and how much better they have become by fighting UFC caliber competition.

As an example, Woodly still counts as a "Strikeforce fighter", even after 8 fights in the UFC. I guess by that logic, Strikeforce was a really shitty organization, they had as champions: Overeem (a pride/dream fighter), Dan Henderson (a UFC fighter), Rockhold (a Melee on the Mountain fighter), Saffiedine (a Dream fighter) and Melendez (a Shooto fighter). What a shitty organization! 0 fighters from their own.

The real question you should be asking if you want to know which promotion had the best fighters is: would have Tyron Woodley beaten GSP back in 2012? I think you know the answer.
What in the hell are you talking about. Nobody is claiming '12 Woodley would have beaten GSP. Nobody is arguing Strikeforce had better fighters. What is being argued is the overall talent level that came over from that organization when it was purchased. Did you think there would be 5 different UFC champions from the lot of fighters that were signed on? Your argument on the other hand has no logic.

true but Aldo Cruz barao and even bendo had better runs in tougher divisions and defended there titles at least once nobody from strikeforce has yet besides cromier. And im a fan of all these guys but wec guys have a better resume to me.
Valid point. The only arguent I can make for WEC is they had pseudo-monopoly on the smaller weight classes which allowed them to gather the best talent from around the world virtually unopposed. Props to them for having the balls to invest in those weight classes.

To your point Benson and pettis were just damn good light weights that UFC didn't snatch up until the bought WEC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back