Another Fedor Rumor (has received offers from the UFC and Bellator.)

fedor's looking at the state of the heavyweight division and noticing the title picture is clogged by werdum and cain. an injury here or another unearned rematch there and these two guys will have jammed up the division for the better part of 2 years.

He always planned to sign with the UFC...he was waiting for his M1 contract to run out.....

If Fedor signs with the UFC I will celebrate like there is no tomorrow.

If he fights in the UFC I will probably refuse to see it before I know exactly what happened.

Fedor is dead to me if he signs with Bellator. DEAD!

lol :)

How would UFC treat Fedor if Fedor came to UFC. Probably the way they treat their other stars. I think Fedor should just go talk to the long list of big UFC stars and see how they like working for UFC:

Jose Aldo
Jon Jones
GSP
Randy Couture
Ken and Frank Shamrock
Tito Ortiz
etc
etc
etc

A fan that would like his return to have a reason wants him to go to ufc. Despite how "bad" they would treat their stars. There's just no intresting competition for him outside except maybe a super weird freak fight with shot Kimbo...Yeah Slice wasn't a world beater before but he is done now.

Part of me says Fedor's legacy is intact. Being almost 39 years old, it doesn't really matter what he does at this point.

At the same time, I can't help but to think it does tarnish his career if he comes back and goes with Bellator over UFC. We know UFC has the best in the world currently and all of his losses are in that promotion. If he comes back, he needs to at least fight in the UFC to cement his career.

I am a big Fedor fan and have the up most respect for him and his decisions. When he signed with Affliction and Strikefoce I understood his decisions and interpretations of why he made those moves. Both were influenced by M-1 Global and his affiliation with them. Affliction was a upstart promotion and singed some good talent from the UFC and Strikeforce in 2009 had IMO a better HW division with Werdum, Overeem, Silva, Sergei, Arlovski, Barnett, Cormier and Rogers. It was in his best interest both times to sign with those promotions business wise and competition wise.

Fast forward to 2015 and we are in this scenario again. But what has changed is that Fedor no longer has any relationship with M1, in addition there is not one promotion out there that can even come close to competing with the UFC HW division. The best 3 guys in Belletor in Kongo, Volkov, and champ Minakov are not even top 10 in the UFC. Fedor has also made it clear that he wants to fight the best competition! So both those reasons of him not signing with the UFC are not present.

Therefore, I cant see any possible reason why Fedor would sign with anyone else but the UFC here if he is true to his word and wants to fight the best, as he said. Now if he wants to promote the sport in Russia and not take the come back that seriously? I would have no problem with him signing with a new promotion in Japan where he could fight in Russia and special events. But he did say he wants the best, Belletor is not that. For me its UFC or nothing and Belletor I would be upset with

sign the contract big boy, sign the contract

Come on Fedor, choose UFC please, please , puhleeeeeeez

Fedor is dead to me if he signs with Bellator. DEAD!
no kidding. the whole never competing in the ufc thing was bad enough before he retired but at least I could understand some of the co-promotion and respect problems

now there's no excuse. None. If he doesn't sign, I'll still consider him the best heavyweight of all time, but I'll also always want to spit on him too

The UFC has the best HW's right now. If Fedor really wants to fight the best, he will sign with UFC.

Hopefully he signs and hopefully he has a decent run.

He better fucking sign that line, it's long overdue.

Please Fedor and Dana, come to an agreement!!!
this stupid fucking Reebok deal couldnt come at a worse time. Imagine Fedor getting the pathetic 2.5k when he could make tens of times more from Russian sponsors alone.

I am a big Fedor fan and have the up most respect for him and his decisions. When he signed with Affliction and Strikefoce I understood his decisions and interpretations of why he made those moves. Both were influenced by M-1 Global and his affiliation with them. Affliction was a upstart promotion and singed some good talent from the UFC and Strikeforce in 2009 had IMO a better HW division with Werdum, Overeem, Silva, Sergei, Arlovski, Barnett, Cormier and Rogers. It was in his best interest both times to sign with those promotions business wise and competition wise.

Fast forward to 2015 and we are in this scenario again. But what has changed is that Fedor no longer has any relationship with M1, in addition there is not one promotion out there that can even come close to competing with the UFC HW division. The best 3 guys in Belletor in Kongo, Volkov, and champ Minakov are not even top 10 in the UFC. Fedor has also made it clear that he wants to fight the best competition! So both those reasons of him not signing with the UFC are not present.

Therefore, I cant see any possible reason why Fedor would sign with anyone else but the UFC here if he is true to his word and wants to fight the best, as he said. Now if he wants to promote the sport in Russia and not take the come back that seriously? I would have no problem with him signing with a new promotion in Japan where he could fight in Russia and special events. But he did say he wants the best, Belletor is not that. For me its UFC or nothing and Belletor I would be upset with

I agree. At this point I really do hope he signs with the UFC. I've stated it several times already on this forum, but more excited to see what the UFC hype / marketing machine would do for a fighter like Fedor. Would be nice.

We all know that if Fedor really wanted to Fight the best, he would had signed with the UFC the first time. Since he has lost to a MW Fighter, what some call a less-than-elite Fighter, and the current HW Champion, along with being a relative unknown, (except in MMA ciircles), his bargaining power is greatly diminished. Now, if he doesn't sign with the UFC, he will pretty much go down in obscurity (except with a small # of fans who cling to the myth).

i think no matter what, he will always be remembered once things are said and done (just like how sakuraba always gets brought up)

but at the same time, if he signs with the UFC, they (and their massive promotional engine) will guarantee that everything he's done is shown to the fans constantly, and he'll be thrown in the hall of fame, and be remembered that much more.

Now he's a guy that Joe Rogan mentions from time to time, and he's brought up in the pre-fight tapes of werdum and bigfoot

but he'll get the full blown Big Nog treatment if he signs with the UFC, and by that I mean he'll have everyone in the company going on and on about how he's one of the greatest legends the sports ever seen.

which he deserves. So if he only comes in and fights once, it will have been worth it just to take that black eye off his career

Hope he never signs with the UFC. Would be nice to see a big name fighter give Dana the big FU. You can't spend years slandering someone then employ them.

Just don't send Dana to do the negotiations.

Bellator has also given him an offer, but UFC appears to be more lucrative.

Source....

lEJD7WX.png

Back