Another Fedor Rumor (has received offers from the UFC and Bellator.)

Fedor is dead to me if he signs with Bellator. DEAD!

Pah vadim on the wind up. It's either bellator or it's all a big publicity stunt and he's not coming back

Fedor said he wants to fight the best, so UFC is the choice.

All this Fedor talk is just reminding me of how much potential that Strikeforce Heavyweight tournament had...

You bet theyre desperate for him

Fedor in a Reebok t shirt and sales would hit at least triple figures

Fedor would definitely bring a lot of views. Hopefully when he returns he isn't a shell of his former self.

War Coker, I'm sure even KOTC could offer Fedor better than 2500 in sponsors.

Part of me says Fedor's legacy is intact. Being almost 39 years old, it doesn't really matter what he does at this point.

At the same time, I can't help but to think it does tarnish his career if he comes back and goes with Bellator over UFC. We know UFC has the best in the world currently and all of his losses are in that promotion. If he comes back, he needs to at least fight in the UFC to cement his career.

That joker Reebok deal would prevent Fedor from signing with the UFC.

Fedor would definitely bring a lot of views. Hopefully when he returns he isn't a shell of his former self.

Don't expect much, the guy's been out of prime for a long time now.

However, if he got his shit together and starting fighting with intelligence and hunger like he did back in the day, we could be in for a real treat.

How would UFC treat Fedor if Fedor came to UFC. Probably the way they treat their other stars. I think Fedor should just go talk to the long list of big UFC stars and see how they like working for UFC:

Jose Aldo
Jon Jones
GSP
Randy Couture
Ken and Frank Shamrock
Tito Ortiz
etc
etc
etc

UFC or bust.

It does make sense, Bellator even today aren't looking to aim for the very top of MMA the way Affliction and SF did back in the day. The big names they've had up until now have mostly been guys the UFC no longer had great interest in like Tito and Rampage.

That joker Reebok deal would prevent Fedor from signing with the UFC.

My guesses for the lucrative part are:

PPV Points
Own Reebok Deal
Big signing bonus
Maybe immediate title shot vs. Werdum

It probably isn't all of those things but it's most likely a combination of them. PPV Points and the title shot vs the first guy to legitimately defeat him are the only things Bellator can't match

Part of me says Fedor's legacy is intact. Being almost 39 years old, it doesn't really matter what he does at this point.

At the same time, I can't help but to think it does tarnish his career if he comes back and goes with Bellator over UFC. We know UFC has the best in the world currently and all of his losses are in that promotion. If he comes back, he needs to at least fight in the UFC to cement his career.

I agree, there is no one in Bellator right now that will add to his legacy. Beating Kongo doesn't mean shit, but coming to UFC and beating Cain, JDS (horrible matchup for Fedor), Werdum , Mir, Overeem, or even Browne would add to his legacy.

How would UFC treat Fedor if Fedor came to UFC. Probably the way they treat their other stars. I think Fedor should just go talk to the long list of big UFC stars and see how they like working for UFC:

Jose Aldo
Jon Jones
GSP
Randy Couture
Ken and Frank Shamrock
Tito Ortiz
etc
etc
etc

Or ask other fighters like Liddell, Hughes, Penn, McGregor, Rousey, Dillashaw, Werdum, Cain, JDS, Joanna, DC, Pettis, etc etc etc.

Swings both ways.

Not everyone in business is going to get along.

Back