Another fake BB exposed...

Hard to believe even a new student would think that guy had any training.

Hard to believe even a new student would think that guy had any training.

In the land of the blinds, the one hand man is king.

I know of at least 2 persons that are fake bb and got away with it for years.

I honestly think they should just send Master Laranja over to expose these fools. The videos would be fucking gold.

Names or gtfo.

When you have been training in the same location for the past 15 years, you will see lot of fakes come in and out.
some of them actually stay and become "legit" just because people were too dumb or not savy enough about BJJ to distinguish fakes.

When you have been training in the same location for the past 15 years, you will see lot of fakes come in and out.
some of them actually stay and become "legit" just because people were too dumb or not savy enough about BJJ to distinguish fakes.

I hear you. My old coach talked about a guy that came in a "shitty purple," and left a good purple. Not the same as passing yourself as a bb, but similar.

I hear you. My old coach talked about a guy that came in a "shitty purple," and left a good purple. Not the same as passing yourself as a bb, but similar.

Is that fair though? Some people just have lower standards. I've trained at two or three different gyms that almost never passed out blue belts in less than 3 years. The purple belts were training for like 8.

One guy literally said, "it is important to be better than any average practitioner when you get your belt for the honor of the school. If you are not gifted, you will not be belted."

I saw a 3 or 4 stripe white belt in one of these places, with no former grappling experience, catching clean submissions during transitions and chaining sweeps to submissions against someone much larger who also knew what he was doing. He would have been on his way to purple in most other gyms but he hadn't reached the level of maturity that was expected of these guys.

Some people still think that purple belt is mastery and that brown / black are awarded for instruction. If you got your purple belt after 4 years, having obtained a moderate level of fitness working out 4 days a week during that time, you would not likely be on the level of their purple belts. It just isn't likely.

I'm not criticizing the practice of having different standards. I'm just trying to point out that sucking at a belt level compared to someone at a different school doesn't mean you are any level of illegitimate. You got your belt fair and square. If someone wants to strip it to make you train with them, that's fair, but if you are wearing it and no one makes you take it off or leave, I don't see how you can knock their honor.

feel bad for the people who paid and trained under him and thought they were getting legit bjj. especially the kids.

I wonder what happened to that Ed Paredes guy that does the lugnut. LOL!

And this fake Brazilian black guy is probably scared right now so he took his FB and website and youtube vids down.

How likely is it, percentage-wise, that anybody he trains would go on to anything legit? I am certainly not defending him but parents who put their kids in this without even bothering to ensure the guy is legit seems more like a hobby/babysitting/get the gets out of the house for a few hours type of deal. Is this doing actual damage or is it more about the lying?

How likely is it, percentage-wise, that anybody he trains would go on to anything legit? I am certainly not defending him but parents who put their kids in this without even bothering to ensure the guy is legit seems more like a hobby/babysitting/get the gets out of the house for a few hours type of deal. Is this doing actual damage or is it more about the lying?

With random guy lying about his martial arts experience is without a doubt terrible place to leave your kids.

I work with a guy who says that he has a brown belt that he earned 8 years ago.

I asked him who his instructor was, he said "Gracie Barra"...ugh. He's also a black belt in judo and wrestled in college, so he says.

I wish I could figure out if he was legit or not, but everything I've asked him leads to not legit at all...

I work with a guy who says that he has a brown belt that he earned 8 years ago.

I asked him who his instructor was, he said "Gracie Barra"...ugh. He's also a black belt in judo and wrestled in college, so he says.

I wish I could figure out if he was legit or not, but everything I've asked him leads to not legit at all...

Just look at his physique. Some things don't lie, like grappler's hands.

Back