another dog mauling: Oklahoma woman killed by wild pack... of wiener dogs

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://patch.com/oklahoma/across-ok/amp/27587651/pack-wiener-type-dogs-maul-oklahoma-woman-death

Pack Of Wiener-Type Dogs Maul Oklahoma Woman To Death
A pack of seven dogs with legs shorter than an adult hand attacked an Oklahoma woman, inflicting injuries so severe she later died.

A pack of vicious dogs, some of them described as predominantly dachshunds, or wiener dogs, mauled an Oklahoma woman to death last week. It’s unclear what caused the dogs to attack Tracy Garcia, 52, outside her home near Ardmore on Thursday, but their owner could face charges, according to media reports.

One of the dogs was shot after charging at a Carter County deputy who responded to the attack, and the other six were euthanized at the owner’s request at a local veterinary clinic, the reports said.

Subscribe

Carter County Sheriff Chris Bryant said the incident was “just a bad deal all the way around.” “This is a bad situation, a very unfortunate situation,” Bryant told television KTEN. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the victims.”

Original reports that the dogs that attacked Garcia were pit bulls proved not to be true, Bryant said. The pack consisted of three females and four males ranging in age from about 1 to 3 years old. None of the dogs weighed more than 40 pounds or stood taller than knee-high. Their legs were described as shorter than an adult’s hands. Six of them were thought to be a standard dachshund and terrier mix, and the other was likely a border collie mix, shelter co-director Tena Layton told The Daily Ardmoreite. The oldest of the dogs was likely the mother of the others and may have been mixed with a border collie or similar dog, Layton said. “A predominant breed in these dogs is definitely standard dachshund,” Amanda Dinwiddie, the euthanasia technician at Ardmore Animal Shelter, told television station KXII. "They have really noticeable characteristics like their knobby legs, knees, very short legged dogs and their coats.” The dogs were covered in fleas and ticks, but otherwise in good health, Dinwiddie told the television station. “We were cleaning ticks off ourselves all day,” she said. “They are very covered; you can tell they have been living out in the woods.” Garcia’s funeral was Tuesday. According to her obituary, she was a member of the Baptiste Family Band, which sang and played gospel music over the years. She is survived by two children, a son and a daughter, and two sisters. Her husband, Pedro, preceded her in death in 2006.

I don't ever wanna laugh at a human's death (that isn't justified), but it's so tough to shake the imagery.

maxresdefault.jpg

I have been attacked by a pack of dogs who's leader was a miniature pincer / chihuahua mix. It was a vicious little monster, do not underestimate a tiny dogs ferocity.

The real question is was she passed out on Miller High Life or Pabst Blue Ribbon?

There is this dude who I've seen walking like 5 or 6 weiner dogs at once and its looks funny, to see that many weiner dogs in one place. Who knew I was lucky to escape in one piece.

Guarantee she was slowing down the freeway. Just saying

I need to see the dogs. Sounds like they were mixes.

Beth Dalbey is an idiot. No self-respecting journalist should ever offer up 'weiner dog' as an alternative to dachshund when writing about someone's death.

That said, it must have been one slow death.

Should euthanize the owners in cases like this as well
If you can't control your fucking animals then you shouldn't have any

I have been attacked by a pack of dogs who's leader was a miniature pincer / chihuahua mix. It was a vicious little monster, do not underestimate a tiny dogs ferocity.
Yes, small dog does not mean cute lap dog. And Pinshers are the worst, they can be really ferocious! There's this one Dachshund near my mom's place that's the most neurotic and pos dog I've ever met. He thinks he owns the street and will attack anyone if he has the chance. I had to kick his ass (quite literally) once because he was attacking my sister's elderly Schnauzer. I fucking hate that dog and his owners.

Yes, small dog does not mean cute lap dog. And Pinshers are the worst, they can be really ferocious! There's this one Dachshund near my mom's place that's the most neurotic and pos dog I've ever met. He thinks he owns the street and will attack anyone if he has the chance. I had to kick his ass (quite literally) once because he was attacking my sister's elderly Schnauzer. I fucking hate that dog and his owners.

Thre dat. The dog park we go to is run by this little rabid monster. The little bastard took my dog (65lb olde english bolldogge) frizbe, and my dog was totally bitchslapped. I've seen it happen with other dogs too. smh

I wouldve beat those dogs with the corpse of the first dog that ran up on me

Back