Another Deadlift story from my past

Fantastic as always.
Keith, I look forward to each of your stories like a kid loking forward to Christmas morning.

hey keith you should start a thread and sticky it. In this thread you tell a new story or two each day. call it keith's story of the day.

edit: great story by the way.

I won the All-Navy Championships that year as a middle-heavyweight

I will leave the Barney Rubble stories for another time, I think I have a photo of him somewhere and you have to see the pic to get a visual for the guy. I will tell you one fast story about him though. The Base Recreational Director was also arranging for us to go on sight seeing trips and such ( he was a good guy) He made made arrangements for us to go to Disneyland in Anaheim and about 10 of us went for the afternoon--I think it was a Saturday. We were standing in line ready to ride the largest roller coaster we had--I cant remember the name, but Barney, now picture a guy about 5'3", Italian, from New York City, and talking loud and fast. He is wearing these giant mirrored shades and standing in line in front of us was a couple of girls, nice looking, maybe college aged, which was about our age at the time. Barney asks them if they had ever been on the ride ( might have beenn Space Mountain) and they say no and he starts this whole rant about how fast and scary the ride is, how people had died on it, how you had to know how to lean with the ride in order to avoid death or a heart attack, this went on for the entire 30 minutes we were standing in line. We finally get on the ride and Barney tells the girls to sit with him, as he had ridden it several times and he knew the ropes, they went along with it, but you could tell they were laughing at him. We load up and Barney is yelling at the guy inspecting the seat restraints to double check the girls, etc, etc. We finally get going.....It was just a few notches above a kiddie ride at your local carnival, and trust me, I have ridden a lot of coasters ( they scare the crap out of me as I am afraid of heights) and this was the most docile coaster I have ever been on--you could hear people on the ride laughing at Barney and a couple of guys in the back are yelling, "Hey Little Dude, Call 911, I am having a HEART ATTACK" The girls were laughing and Barney was beet red in the face. We get back to the station and everyone is disembarking and they are all giggling and Barney gets off the ride and he yells out, "I know what this damn ride was so slow, its the Winter Season, they always slow it way down in the Winter season to save on electricity, you should ride it in the summer when they turn the power all the way up. Of course, this made the laughter increase even more.

This had really gotten me thinking about lifting camp stories, I may post more later.

Haha that's great.. I always love when the boisterous ones get it thrown back in their face.

Poor Barney, embarrassed in front of the ladies.

Poor Barney got himself some elbow boob at the cost of a little embarassment. You say poor Barney, I say poor us.

Sweet story. Navy power lifting camp sounds damn awesome.

Brad would get to the gym about noon and would load up a bunch of weight on the bar and as soon as he saw one of the coaches coming through the door, he would walk the weight out ( as in a squat) and then quarter squat it, come back up ( with 450-500lbs) and then scream

if would be a disservice to the lifting community if a wassung book is never published.

I have posted this before, but thought it fit into the thread

At the same All-Navy camp we had two lifters, I will call them Bill and Ted, who had also competed in bodybuilding. Bill was constantly flexing, he was unable to pass any type of mirrored without doing a couple of poses. I can remember standing in line with him waiting to buy a ticket at the movies and then guy behind him has mirrored shades. Bill turns around, sees the sunglasses and begins posing into the sunglasses, which of course freaked the owner of the sunglasses out. Bill asks him to please hold still, that he will be done in a minute. I remember we were out driving and stopped for gas and Bill spent 5 minutes posing into the reflection of the mirrored gas cap of the rental car.

so.....One night Bill and Ted go out to a local nightclub. The rest of us are gathered in the tv lounge to watch a movie and eat. They return about 3-4 hours later with a girl. The female, who was a knockout was quite intoxicated and was laughing and stumbling, etc. Bill and Ted had her by the arm and helped her to their room, which was a dormitory type room. They passed by the rest of us in the tv lounge. One of the superheavyweights leaves the lounge and returns with a package of Black Cat fireworks. He convinces a couple of us to accompany him to Bill and Ted's room with the intention of lighting the fireworks and throwing them into the room. We sneak down to their room and are right outside of their door. We can hear Bill and Ted arguing with one another with statements like:

"I was here first'

'Get out of my way"

"Wait your turn"

"Dude, don't push me"

"I will be done in a minute"

"I'm bigger than you"

"No, I was here first"

this went on for a few minutes, so we know that they are fighting over the girl. We checked and discovered the door was un-locked. The plan was to crack the door open, light the fireworks, throw then in the room and then run.

We crack the door open and we see the girl sprawled out on the bed, half dressed and Bill and Ted are nowhere near her. We open the door a bit wider and there they were-with their shirts off, standing in front of the mirror, posing, and they are FIGHTING OVER WHO GETS TO POSE IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR.

we never lit the fireworks, but headed back to the lounge and laughed our heads off.

Keith

I have posted this before, but thought it fit into the thread

At the same All-Navy camp we had two lifters, I will call them Bill and Ted, who had also competed in bodybuilding. Bill was constantly flexing, he was unable to pass any type of mirrored without doing a couple of poses. I can remember standing in line with him waiting to buy a ticket at the movies and then guy behind him has mirrored shades. Bill turns around, sees the sunglasses and begins posing into the sunglasses, which of course freaked the owner of the sunglasses out. Bill asks him to please hold still, that he will be done in a minute. I remember we were out driving and stopped for gas and Bill spent 5 minutes posing into the reflection of the mirrored gas cap of the rental car.

so.....One night Bill and Ted go out to a local nightclub. The rest of us are gathered in the tv lounge to watch a movie and eat. They return about 3-4 hours later with a girl. The female, who was a knockout was quite intoxicated and was laughing and stumbling, etc. Bill and Ted had her by the arm and helped her to their room, which was a dormitory type room. They passed by the rest of us in the tv lounge. One of the superheavyweights leaves the lounge and returns with a package of Black Cat fireworks. He convinces a couple of us to accompany him to Bill and Ted's room with the intention of lighting the fireworks and throwing them into the room. We sneak down to their room and are right outside of their door. We can hear Bill and Ted arguing with one another with statements like:

"I was here first'

'Get out of my way"

"Wait your turn"

"Dude, don't push me"

"I will be done in a minute"

"I'm bigger than you"

"No, I was here first"

this went on for a few minutes, so we know that they are fighting over the girl. We checked and discovered the door was un-locked. The plan was to crack the door open, light the fireworks, throw then in the room and then run.

We crack the door open and we see the girl sprawled out on the bed, half dressed and Bill and Ted are nowhere near her. We open the door a bit wider and there they were-with their shirts off, standing in front of the mirror, posing, and they are FIGHTING OVER WHO GETS TO POSE IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR.

we never lit the fireworks, but headed back to the lounge and laughed our heads off.

Keith

Wow.

Just wow.

Ahahaha wow. I love these stories.

"Hey Little Dude, Call 911, I am having a HEART ATTACK"

I laughed so hard at this. Sounds like something I would say. If I was Barney after the ride I would've said. Oh I thought we were talking about the other space mountain ride *looks down at crotch*

We were in the mess hall one night eating dinner and Barney was there. We were sort of messing with him and our 242 lber taps me and quietly says "watch this",,and then he says "hey Barney", when was the last time you hate a date with a girl? and barney says something like "Man, I go out all the time with the chicks, (something like that) and then first guys says "We have been here three weeks and I have never seen you with a girl" Barney says "I am focused on my lifting,,I dont want women to mess that up" First guy says "Well, there is a rumor going around that your a Heterosexual.....Barney ( not knowing the difference between hetero and homo) shoots back "No way man" and then a few of us started in on him, "Barney, lots of people on base are saying your a heterosexual..cmon, its nothing to be ashamed of, I have a lots of friends who are heterosexual" Barney continues to deny it and it gets more and more heated and finally he stands up and screams....and I mean screams "I AM NOT A F******HETEREOSEXUAL AND WILL FIGHT ANYONE THAT THINKS I AM" Everybody, and I mean everybody in the entire mess hall stopped eating and heard him and of course, major suppressed laughter. Barney sits down and we are all saying "I believe you Barney, there is no way you're a heterosexual,,,I was just kidding, and Barney says "thanks man for believing me and we are all about peeing our pants trying not to laugh at him

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! Best one yet! Thanks Keith.

Awesome stories, as always. Got anymore about the guy who made fun of that teenager who bailed on a 405 squat with straps? Also, can you link me to that highschool story you mentioned?

the stories are funnier when told in person, When I used to work at local power meets as a judge, etc. There was always a group who would hang around and help the meet director clean up, etc and then would head for the breakfast bar at Shoneys and get around a table in the back room and I would tell stories like these for about 3 hours--we will have to have Sherdog get together someday

Back