Economy Another day, another 120mil+ Trump scandal

Sorry, I gotta go back and imagine something was a huge story because it got brought up once in passing 7 years ago.

I'm happy to vote for whatever democrat didn't have a massive upgrade in standard of living because of their office. Jesus, Bernie is your guy who's definitely not corrupt but has never had a real job and is a millionaire with several houses. How seriously am I supposed to take you?
Bolded: is this the spin they're trying to stick to Bernie? Look man, if you are being serious, you should know that whomever fed you that line is either a raging idiot or has complete disdain for your intellect.

That our government employees are comfortable at their offices is more important to me than illegal aliens (who contribute nothing to our government) are living in comfortable conditions wholly subsidized by taxpayers for no other reason than they violated our sovereign law. I don't give a shit how little was spent on their facilities. The barest minimum to reach code is required, but it's still too much for me. Big picture: they don't deserve a dime of aid.

On the other hand I have a severe distaste for government waste, and $120m spent on furniture for one department is clearly too much.

Nevertheless, much of this is a startup cost since they had to build a new HQ for a relatively new department that only came into existence after 2001, and has never had its own headquarters. So if TDB wants to impress upon me how wasteful their spending is it would require a bill for the building cost of a similarly-sized department, and the sum of their furniture costs for their HQ (adjusted for inflation), or at least an estimate of what it would cost to furnish that HQ if built today being thrifty.

In essence, this entire article exists to drum up outrage over the fact a new headquarters for the DHS is being built by taking it out of context through pandering to bleeding hearts over the border crisis. Building a government building is a "scandal"? Fuck the people who authored this.

Yeah, the best course of action is to buy 1400 dollar chairs while bilking taxpayers to hold illegal immigrants illegally at 22,000 per month per person while committing human rights abuses. Ethical and cost conscious!!

You seem to really want the crisis on the border to continue and worsen while corruption like this results in nothing but a pffft on the right.

Bolded: is this the spin they're trying to stick to Bernie? Look man, if you are being serious, you should know that whomever fed you that line is either a raging idiot or has complete disdain for your intellect.
What is untrue about it?

Look, I'm well aware that people in politics make above average incomes by design, and I certainly don't want poor people making decisions for the rest of us, but it is absolutely true that several people in congress washed out of working for a living and are now rich and are completely immune to economic downturn. This is certainly true of Bernie, and it's not that he didn't get a great job right away after college, this was 20 years of couch surfing and he's only ever made money from the government teat.

probably end of the year funds they had to use or lose

DHS and DoD gets awfully suspect w/ it's spending at times
The use it ir lose it rule is stupid and just leads to ever expanding budgets. Wish the Republican party would actually address this, rather than try and benefit from it

Yeah, the best course of action is to buy 1400 dollar chairs while bilking taxpayers to hold illegal immigrants illegally at 22,000 per month per person while committing human rights abuses. Ethical and cost conscious!!

You seem to really want the crisis on the border to continue and worsen while corruption like this results in nothing but a pffft on the right.

You can't reach these people with logic. They are gone. If Trump told them 1+1 = Circle, they would believe it and call anyone who disagrees with them a "libtard". Its the textbook definition of a cult.

These people legitimately need help.

Further reading:

Characteristics of “totalistic” cults:
They “espouse an all-encompassing belief system,”
“exhibit excessive devotion to the leader,”
“avoid criticism of the group and its leader,” and
“feel disdain for non-members.”

Ten warning signs regarding people involved in/with a potentially unsafe group/leader.
  1. Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.
  2. Individual identity, the group, the leader and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused--as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.
  3. Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".
  4. Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.
  5. Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.
  6. Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supercede any personal goals or individual interests.
  7. A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.
  8. Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.
  9. Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.
  10. Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They can not be trusted and personal contact is avoided.

In the words of psychologists Levine and Schiavo, cult leaders are “authoritarian personalities who attempt to compensate for their deep, intense feelings of inferiority, insecurity, and hostility by forming cultic groups primarily to attract those whom they can psychologically coerce into and keep in a passive-submissive state…” (in Lalich and Tobias, Take Back Your Life p. 52).

Not to mention all the lawsuits for holding those illegal migrants. You've just unwittingly formed a phenomenal argument for the cost of a wall, or much broader expansion of deportation measures. Why do the Democrats fight these?
I want to decisively end the crisis at the border. It isn't Trump who is stonewalling this out of a vested political interest.

Not to mention all the lawsuits for holding those illegal migrants. You've just unwittingly formed a phenomenal argument for the cost of a wall, or much broader expansion of deportation measures. Why do the Democrats fight these?

I want to decisively end the crisis at the border. It isn't Trump who is stonewalling this out of a vested political interest.

Oh yeah, it's not Trump. That's why congress passed multiple bipartisan deals he refused to sign, and even shut down the government over. It's everyone else. It's the democrats and Republicans who have us a 20 year downturn who are at fault, not the guy without a plan who has seen a huge upturn after initiating his policies.

Nope, everybody else. Also, this isn't about political interest for Trump either. LOL

_105659633_border-nc.png

Trump has a trillion dollar deficit this year. Republicans cant be bothered to care anymore about out of control spending. Hell they don't even talk about deficits anymore. They have embraced Trumps out of control spending.

Trump has a trillion dollar deficit this year. Republicans cant be bothered to care anymore about out of control spending. Hell they don't even talk about deficits anymore. They have embraced Trumps out of control spending.

IF Trump needs to do a little more spending, then he should do a little more spending. Whatever gets the job done by our President.

Obama spent that much on vacations. Blatant disregard for common decency.

IF Trump needs to do a little more spending, then he should do a little more spending. Whatever gets the job done by our President.

By a little more spending do you mean a record deficit in a time where he's also given us a record trade deficit after promising to eliminate both?

Sorry, I gotta go back and imagine something was a huge story because it got brought up once in passing 7 years ago.

I'm happy to vote for whatever democrat didn't have a massive upgrade in standard of living because of their office. Jesus, Bernie is your guy who's definitely not corrupt but has never had a real job and is a millionaire with several houses. How seriously am I supposed to take you?

Fuck off with that bullshit. Bernie just made his millionaire status recently because of a successful book he wrote. And since he is a capitalist it is not incongruent with anything he believes or says.

I don't think you are stupid so that only leaves slander or maybe just stupid enough to believe the garbage FOX spews about dems.

Last edited by a moderator:

There was a clip of George Will on this topic a couple weeks ago. Will left the Republican party. Will said the Republican Party is now filled with jello-backboned people who fear Trump. It is the Trump party now. Rush Limbaugh has abandoned his old talking points and is a Trump supporter and now thinks talking about the deficit is bogus.

By a little more spending do you mean a record deficit in a time where he's also given us a record trade deficit after promising to eliminate both?

My investments are up. No complaints here.

This is one major area of concern. If republicans don’t remember we need a budget, this country is lost. One side has to behave with a credit card.

If you invested you would be very happy right now.

Again, a lot of Bush nuthuggers were speaking about the veracity of the market before he crashed it as well.

It seems as if many Americans can't spot a sugar rush, or the subsequent crash.....

Back