Economy Another day, another 120mil+ Trump scandal

hillelslovak87

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
These are the best people, remember that. Trump didn't put pilferers and the J- globalists in charge of everything. He and his people care more about the American people than lining their own pockets.

Over 120 million spent by the DHS on luxury furniture while committing human rights abuses in these for profit detainment centers.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/as-tr...hs-bought-high-end-chairs-with-taxpayer-funds

Try to spin this stuff, you MAGA hatters...........

This is it!

They should not have bought those quality chairs

probably end of the year funds they had to use or lose

DHS and DoD gets awfully suspect w/ it's spending at times

“Much of the new furniture is earmarked for the department’s new Washington, D.C. headquarters, dubbed “the most ambitious federal building project since the Pentagon.” The project, a 4.5 million-square-foot office complex due to be completed in 2026, is the largest construction job in the history of the General Services Administration.”

Those monsters buying furniture for a new 4.5 million square foot federal building! I can’t believe drumpf ordered all that stuff personally!

Aeron chairs are pretty fucking nice though..

Sounds like its time for another 50 million dollar Congressional investigation.

Deja VU from the daily Ripskater outraged Obama threads.

Republicans Love this type of behavior
But hated Muffingate under Obama where $16 were spent on muffins for a conference. Senator Chuck Grassley wanted heads to rolla. Of course Fox News treated it like the height of corruption.

If you think this kinda spending is new where the hell have you been. Has your hatred of Trump actually caused you too examine this kinda stuff? I remember being told to order all new office equipment one year cause we simply needed to spend all our money before end of fiscal year, thats goverment for you.

Sounds like its time for another 50 million dollar Congressional investigation.

Two of them. Second one to investigate why the first one didn’t come up with anything.

That our government employees are comfortable at their offices is more important to me than illegal aliens (who contribute nothing to our government) are living in comfortable conditions wholly subsidized by taxpayers for no other reason than they violated our sovereign law. I don't give a shit how little was spent on their facilities. The barest minimum to reach code is required, but it's still too much for me. Big picture: they don't deserve a dime of aid.

On the other hand I have a severe distaste for government waste, and $120m spent on furniture for one department is clearly too much.

Nevertheless, much of this is a startup cost since they had to build a new HQ for a relatively new department that only came into existence after 2001, and has never had its own headquarters. So if TDB wants to impress upon me how wasteful their spending is it would require a bill for the building cost of a similarly-sized department, and the sum of their furniture costs for their HQ (adjusted for inflation), or at least an estimate of what it would cost to furnish that HQ if built today being thrifty.

In essence, this entire article exists to drum up outrage over the fact a new headquarters for the DHS is being built by taking it out of context through pandering to bleeding hearts over the border crisis. Building a government building is a "scandal"? Fuck the people who authored this.

But hated Muffingate under Obama where $16 were spent on muffins for a conference. Senator Chuck Grassley wanted heads to rolla. Of course Fox News treated it like the height of corruption.

Oh yeah, everyone remembers "muffingate". Was all over the news at the time.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Oh yeah, everyone remembers "muffingate". Was all over the news at the time.

<JagsKiddingMe>
Fox News thought it was important enough to constantly report on $16 muffins and Senator Chuck Grassley thought it was important enough to demand heads roll.

Fox News thought it was important enough to constantly report on $16 muffins and Senator Chuck Grassley thought it was important enough to demand heads roll.

No they didn’t. And he mentioned it once?

You sure he wasn’t just ordering more rolls to go with the muffins?

IMG_2829-2.jpg

Sorry, I gotta go back and imagine something was a huge story because it got brought up once in passing 7 years ago.

I'm happy to vote for whatever democrat didn't have a massive upgrade in standard of living because of their office. Jesus, Bernie is your guy who's definitely not corrupt but has never had a real job and is a millionaire with several houses. How seriously am I supposed to take you?

Handcuffs
This calls for handcuffs

Also somehow I doubt the government planned this all since 2016

Wonder if this is like those curtains from the last scandal

Back