Another bagwork video

72 kg right now

How tall are you ? I always assumed you were 180cm+ because you're from Norway, but 72kgs is pretty light for 180cm. I'm 68kgs and I'm very short, and I'm neither fat (not at all actually) nor very muscular (never did any weight training, only combat sports)

Hahaha did you post it in the UFC section?

Anyway Frode, I'm going to be straight with you, your boxing technique is not good and it's not getting better. Your kicks are excellent.

You have to go back to basics on the punches I think. Practice the correct technique slow and methodically.

What you are doing wrong:

Your feet are all over the place. Two big things, you often come forward and out of your stance when you throw the right, and when you back up, you do this little hop step with your legs completely straight, feet together and chin up in the air. The punches are throwing you, you are not throwing the punches. It's harder not to lean on the heavybag, I know. Try posting a video of you shadowboxing. Plant yourself and try to throw a jab, a cross, both hooks and uppercuts the best you can. It'll be much easier to correct individual things. Anyway, moving on.

- Solution: Be more diligent about keeping a good stance while throwing. Slow it down.

Your center of mass is too high/you are too straight. I know that MT/KB is different, and you can use a high guard stance with less weaving and such more effectively. You don't have to become this weaving and dodging master. Even still, your chin is up and knees are too straight when you are punching.

Solution: Lower that chin at all times and lower your elevation a bit. Bend your legs a little more, sink into the punches.

Your hands are not getting back to your chin, you are too open.

- Solution: Self explainatory. Just remember to relax your upper body.

You are not using your hips when punching. Notice how your feet are not turning over and your hips are pretty stationary. Would you ever do a roundhouse kick without turning your hips over?

- Solution: Slow it down again, practice the mechanics of turning your feet and hips over more on the cross and hooks. It's hard for you because your back foot almost comes off the ground when you are throwing the cross, which leads into the final critique which is your biggest hindrance I think, connected to most of the other points.

You are falling onto your lead leg on every punch and you are in turn are in poor position and off balance. You're putting all your weight forward and on the front foot when punching. That is also the reason why your back foot comes off the ground when you are throwing the right. Notice after almost all combinations ending with your right hand, your weight is almost entirely on your lead leg AND you are leaning significantly to your left. That's why you have to reset each time. At that point, you are not in a position to recieve a punch or react to it.

- Solution: Stay back. Again, you throw the punches, not the other way around. Practice it slow and try to keep your weight back when you are punching. Imagine a steel rod vertically down through your spine. Sit back, rotate around the rod, don't lean too much forward or to the sides. Turn your feet over on the cross, step on that bug, relax your hips. Transfer your weight a little from the lead leg to the back leg when throwing the lead hook. Bend your legs and turn your hips over. It all starts at the ground, sit into the punches.

To summarise; Tuck the chin, hands up, bend your legs, keep your stance, turn your feet/hips, sink into the ground, keep your weight back and don't overextend/lean. The key to this is actually learning to shift your weight from hip to hip. Practice the basics, feel it, and modify it for your MT.

A few relevant videos:

These two are pretty much the basics for every punch. Try practicing the hip shifting back and forth, and slowly throw different punches. The hips pretty much use the same pattern, whatever you throw.

This was also good.

Last edited:
i always wondered, is that duct tape all around the top half? it looks to me really well done if it is lol

Nice high kicks! :D

BTW, I notice you didn't kick with your left leg at all, just two teeps...

i see you ... from 1:25 to 1:30 ...and i like it ... not 2 much but slightly excited ... just keep that fkin right hand closely and fastly tuk after you land it.
No vices.
And nevermind the trools that would need your classes !! ;)
Imo, you still got a few very good replies dispite...
Cheers
Keep it up!

Nice kicks as usual!! You turn your hips over with all your kicks but not your punches.

I would work on using your hips more with your boxing, especially with your cross.

Just did not throw any. I got good left kicks as well

You seem like like you are training after working a full day and getting 3 hours of sleep at night. In other words, you seem fatigued and its affecting your balance and body mechanics. Loosen up, snap your punches and remember to bring them back just as quickly as you throw them. Train with some spirit-imagine an opponent in front of you is trying to take your f-ing head off and tighten up your defense.

Also, your kicks are clearly better than your punches as many have pointed out-but you are kicking the bag, you are not kicking through the bag or rolling your hip over enough a lot of the time.

fatigued? What are you talking about. I am a animal. I can go all focking day yeh!?

Back