ANNIHILATION from Ex Machina Writer/Director (87% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

If you have seen ANNIHILATION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Really? I loved Ex Machina and thought this movie was below average. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood when I watched it. I'll have to revisit it.

Apart from the entirely different settings it feels like these movies could almost be spiritual sequels.

I wasn't super high on the way this film ended, but it gets points for originality. I haven't seen a plot quite like this, and it was mostly well-executed.

7/10 - "B-"

I wasn't super high on the way this film ended, but it gets points for originality. I haven't seen a plot quite like this, and it was mostly well-executed.

7/10 - "B-"
The plot is like 80% tamed from the book. Literally nothing makes sense. I read all fucking 3 books and it's just nonsense

The plot is like 80% tamed from the book. Literally nothing makes sense. I read all fucking 3 books and it's just nonsense
It made sense to me.
DNA was getting scrambled (just like radio waves) within the confines of "area X." Aliens were causing some wacky stuff to happen in the environment that just wasn't typical for our understanding of physics. Anything is possible when you're dealing with something "alien" to the planet.

I'm legit annoyed we never got the tower or the crawler in this movie.

Also upset cause it means no one will ever do a real annihilation movie, cause this showed it could be trippy and well done

Now I'm just being the "book better than movie" tool but I really dug the books...

The casting was all wrong. @BisexualMMA

What would you have changed?

I thought Jennifer Jason Leigh was a reasonable casting choice, but then she delivered all of her lines like the comedian Steven Wright.

What would you have changed?

I thought Jennifer Jason Leigh was a reasonable casting choice, but then she delivered all of her lines like the comedian Steven Wright.

I'm okay with JJL. Natalie Portman wasn't believable as a soldier. The other two actresses were terrible. @BisexualMMA

I loved this movie. The screaming bear was one of the best, creepiest scenes I have seen in years

Back