Anne Boleyn

Nameless Ghoul

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I know that there was a previous thread, but I'm drunk and can't find the search option. I've had many black girlfriends, and yet changing a historical white woman to a black main character....for whatever reason, if you oppose that it is argued as racist? Is an hilarious parody on real life.
AnneBoleynHever.jpg

Vs
anne-boleyn-played-by-jodie-turner-smith-5995-1613057283.jpg

I do too, also as a believer of his message..I couldn't care less if Jesus was White/Black/Brown/Green/ect. If someone comes forth with a message that I feel is true I'll follow it.

I took a course in Tudor history as an undergrad. I’ll be honest, I can’t remember much. However, I do recall this. Henry VIII’s wives….Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived.

Technically they were annulments not divorces. Well, depending how Henry was feeling at the time.

I'm kind of interested in why you felt so motivated to talk about this after you were drinking that you just made a new thread after searching for the original. Just get home from a night out with the boys or is this one of those dark nights of the soul?

They casted it like it was a stage production. The goal was to find the actress who most exemplified who the she was in her personality. If you want historic accuracy on her genetics or appearance, when is it enough? Is a dark skinned English woman who has a white father too black? What if they were a slightly lighter skinned Italian? What about the skin is significant to Anne's story that is lost if you don't cast the proper shade?

They also said they wanted to give her a sense of "otherness" that Anne had in the court. I don't think it's like people will see this and assume English royalty was African, and if they do, we have much bigger issues in society than the casting of a TV show.

Technically they were annulments not divorces. Well, depending how Henry was feeling at the time.
I thought they were divorces, which is why Henry broke from the Catholic Church since he couldn’t get the blessing from the Pope. Again, my knowledge on the Tudor’s is limited but you’re probably correct.

Back