Annd! Casanova has lost the Battle...

HandNoise

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
8ADB6FE6-BF78-4C3A-A558-69621816CDA5.jpeg

Because life isn’t fair and phonies like PBS exist it is to my limited knowledge that Casanova has lost their court battle against PBS and has now put the “Necalli” logo on all of their gear on their website. A brand that has been around for ages, and played an important role in traditional Mexican gear. Much older and obviously the original of the two now gone thanks to these clowns. How is that even possible if Casanova was around before these idiots existed? I have no clue but it’s utter BS.

There’s even some info on PBS registering the name legally around 2013. Didn’t even know they were making those fakes that far back. You just have to ask yourself, why? Maybe Casanova thought they never had to worry about this type of scenario, maybe they should have registered their name in a few countrys just to be safe.

So now you folks know. If you pick up some original Casanovas with the old logo look for the right things or go to the Necalli site for a safe buy with the new logo.

https://www.necalliboxing.com/collections

892AFCD4-2467-45E8-8F1D-F83AE14275FF.jpeg

View attachment 596685

Because life isn’t fair and phonies like PBS exist it is to my limited knowledge that Casanova has lost their court battle against PBS and has now put the “Necalli” logo on all of their gear on their website. A brand that has been around for ages, and played an important role in traditional Mexican gear. Much older and obviously the original of the two now gone thanks to these clowns. How is that even possible if Casanova was around before these idiots existed? I have no clue but it’s utter BS.

There’s even some info on PBS registering the name legally around 2013. Didn’t even know they were making those fakes that far back. You just have to ask yourself, why? Maybe Casanova thought they never had to worry about this type of scenario, maybe they should have registered their name in a few countrys just to be safe.

So now you folks know. If you pick up some original Casanovas with the old logo look for the right things or go to the Necalli site for a safe buy with the new logo.

https://www.necalliboxing.com/collections

View attachment 596687

How did you learn about this development?

How did you learn about this development?

Initially with a youtbe comment, then I stumbled across their message but on their IG account, and even found the trademark details they applied 2012 and registered 2013 & think it was canceled around 2017 probably when they started the court battle for the name? Casanova/Necalli did say it was a long battle

I just read it once quickly on saturday, perhaps should have gone throught it a second time and typed a more detail post when highlighting Casanovas history lol.

2B646423-FE44-4658-BEF3-01F9D17691AC.png

Wow that is shitty. I feel like we should all buy some Casanova - sorry, Necalli - equipment to show support.

Wow that is shitty. I feel like we should all buy some Casanova - sorry, Necalli - equipment to show support.

Yeah I will probably end up getting a pair. They’ve always been on my list for sure.

They will still use the Casanova name and logo for gloves sold outside the U.S. The Necalli branding is for the U.S. only from what I understand.

They will still use the Casanova name and logo for gloves sold outside the U.S. The Necalli branding is for the U.S. only from what I understand.

That's really unfortunate. Not only is the US (presumably) the biggest glove market in the world, it's also (presumably) the one in which the connection between the brand name Casanova and the film Rocky is strongest. I feel sorry for the Necalli guys.

Last edited:
That's really unfortunate. Not only is the US (presumably) the biggest glove market in the world, it's also (presumably) the one in which the connection between the brand name Casanova and the film Rocky is strongest. I feel sorry for the Necalli guys.
Yeah, Pro Boxing Supplies, Inc. really screwed them over....all for the sake of selling their crappy, Pakistan-made Casanova knockoff gloves.

Back