Ankles

Trudge

Purple Belt
Reaction score
my ankles constantly hurt after any kind of training
I have invested hundreds in running trainers but my ankles still hurt when i train
they now click every time i make a circle with them
whats the best way to loosen my ankles up and make them not hurt while and after i'm training
i don't want to wear ankle supports because they eventually weaken the joints!
help

You may have cartilidge damage in your ankle. I'd see a doctor about this.

Bosu ball training is great for the ankles!

dogmai said:
Bosu ball training is great for the ankles!
Good call, dogmai.

As long as you don't have cartilage damage, Trudge, then give the Bosu a try. Kinda expensive considering it's half of a stability ball with a flat, plastic side, but...there are alternatives. You might also just try standing on one foot. If you're pretty good with that, reduce the size of the surface you're standing on, and do it a few different ways, like on just the heel, ball, or edge of your foot. Each will present a unique challenge. Just go back to normal before it gets hard to control. You can also rock to the different positions, repeatedly, one at a time, to develop some skill and strength.

If you can tough through that, try closing your eyes, but keep a wall handy. I'd also go back to keeping your foot flat, and progress from there. You can also try balancing on your toes, if you have the strength. You can also add other squishy surfaces to make it harder to balance on, but make sure they're not slippery.

Back