Anime's that are better English dubbed

Monster. Because the whole thing takes place in Europe and nails the look and feel of it. Even though English isn't the native tongue of Germany and Czech Republic, it just sounds more fitting than Japanese. And the main character being a Japanese immigrant in Germany...yeah he'd probably be talking in English with the local people seeing as how in Germany the English level is so high (almost everyone speaks it fluently)

The Monster dub is, coincidentally, an abomination.

First of all, some of the original Japanese voice actors - Johan, Inspector Lunge, Tenma, etc. - are so damn good they are intrinsically linked to the characters. The dubs don’t top them.

Second though, & far more egregious: the dub is a shit translation, which dumbs down a lot of things, & cuts out others outright. In a show whose story is as highly nuanced as Monster, that’s a goddamn crime. In short, FUCK the Monster dub!! Thank you for your time.

Also just to show I’m not a subtitles snob, the Texhnolyze dub is godly. Incredible voice actors & they really put in the work on that one

The Monster dub is, coincidentally, an abomination.

First of all, some of the original Japanese voice actors - Johan, Inspector Lunge, Tenma, etc. - are so damn good they are intrinsically linked to the characters. The dubs don’t top them.

Second though, & far more egregious: the dub is a shit translation, which dumbs down a lot of things, & cuts out others outright. In a show whose story is as highly nuanced as Monster, that’s a goddamn crime. In short, FUCK the Monster dub!! Thank you for your time.
:(

Sorry!

I get a little emotional about my precious Monster

giphy.gif

Dragonball z. Goku sounds like a highschool girl in japanese dub

I've only watched Trigun and samurai champloo and they both were enjoyable with dubbs

Goldenboy was nice. Look into it, you won't regret. :D

I've only watched Cowboy Bebop dubbed since I heard it was one of the best dubbed animes and I wanted a break from subs, but I thought they did it well. Grew up watching DB subbed until they started playing it on the U.S. which I started watching it dubbed. I prefer it subbed. Many dubbed voices in various animes is just so far off the japanese tones that it just doesn't feel right.

Sub the whole way...

GTFOH with that dubbed shit.

Maybe the UK dub of Fist of the North Star for the drum and bass soundtrack.

I can't stand subtitled Dragon Ball Z, Goku with a chick's voice bothers me too much to ignore. I prefer Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo dubbed, Steve Blum is great in those roles. It's not that the original voices are bad, the dubs just work perfectly and it's nice watching anime in English for once.
Gokus english actor is so fucking boring and has the shittiest lines. At least the japanese actor has charisma and personality. 90pct of goku in english is "arrgh i will defeat you. Arrrgh dont hurt my friends!"

The other english actors are great though they re use them for minor characters too much.

Dragon Balls Funimation dub is much better.

One Punch Man's dub is really good as well.

Vampire hunter d bloodlust and ninja scroll have phenomenal eng voice actors

Back