Anime's that are better English dubbed

Big Al's Texas BBQ

Sorry, no tortilla!
@Black
Reaction score
Although I generally prefer anime's to stay faithful to their original form, sometimes I think English dub ends up being better. One good example is Street Fighter: The Animated Movie. Notice the difference between the English and Japanese versions in this scene:

The soundtrack in the English dub adds so much more to the movie. What are some other anime's you feel are better English dubbed?

Death Note
Code Geass
Dragon Ball ( Yep )
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Alchemist

Last edited:
I can't stand subtitled Dragon Ball Z, Goku with a chick's voice bothers me too much to ignore. I prefer Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo dubbed, Steve Blum is great in those roles. It's not that the original voices are bad, the dubs just work perfectly and it's nice watching anime in English for once.

DBZ
Cowboy Bebop

That's it. That's the list.

Though High School DxD is funnier in the dubs.

DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell SAC

All of them.

If I wanted to read words on Japanese drawings, I'd buy the backwards fucking books.

There is only one universal
Language. American. Speak it or be dubbed.

One punch man.

Although I generally prefer anime's to stay faithful to their original form, sometimes I think English dub ends up being better. One good example is Street Fighter: The Animated Movie. Notice the difference between the English and Japanese versions in this scene:

The soundtrack in the English dub adds so much more to the movie. What are some other anime's you feel are better English dubbed?

This is the exact example that came to mind.

But how on earth did you not note that Fei Long is voiced by Bryan Cranston himself?

This is the exact example that came to mind.

But how on earth did you not note that Fei Long is voiced by Bryan Cranston himself?
I thought about including it in the op, but I decided not to. :confused:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and 2nd Gig.

That is the only anime that I've ever preferred the dubbing, partially because the voice acting is stellar, and partially because the dialogue scenes can get pretty verbose. Years of watching foreign programming have made me a master at speed reading subtitles, but even GITS can get a bit much.

Monster. Because the whole thing takes place in Europe and nails the look and feel of it. Even though English isn't the native tongue of Germany and Czech Republic, it just sounds more fitting than Japanese. And the main character being a Japanese immigrant in Germany...yeah he'd probably be talking in English with the local people seeing as how in Germany the English level is so high (almost everyone speaks it fluently)

All of them.

Come at me weebz
<{1-16}>

Back