Television Anime and Manga v41

So I'm 25 chapters into Dr. Stone and I think it would be a better overall series if it was a bit slower moving.

caught up with the TOG anime, Khun is my favorite character by far. His intelligence/ideas are something else. Kind of reminds me of a Lelouch or Light in that regard, even if he’s not the MC

One word

Anime
Ufotable honestly should get royalties for KNYs manga sales, I seriously find it tough to believe it would be as popular if a lesser studio did it. There’s not much that I like about it that isn’t animation related (which is definitely top tier quality)

looks interesting, don’t know what it’s about though besides that it’s a newish WSJ series

looks interesting, don’t know what it’s about though besides that it’s a newish WSJ series

I tried reading the manga earlier this year, it's forgettable by-the-numbers shonen.

Made it to Ep 8 of Barakamon amazing so far.

Need some more Solo Leveling!

Looks like Baam got another boost.

Sendo is still getting owned. George building the drama as usual. Kinda like the Nargo fight but Gonzales is way more brutal.

Bungo is kinda slow. Pacing wise.

A lot of raws apparently.

Looks like Baam got another boost.
At least it's not totally new this time around. We've known that the second thorn fragment could teleport ever since the end of the Hidden Floor, and Bam's had the souls for, what, ~150 chapters? So it's a new usage of existing resources rather than something novel.

Weathering With You came out a few days ago

I've been wanting to see it since I've heard all these amazing things.

Welp turns out the movie is completely average on every level

7/10 on my rating scale

Saw a thumbnail of Mix: Meisei Story like 3 weeks ago and learned it's a standalone sequel to Touch. I'm a big fan of Adachi's throwback manga art in Cross Game so I gave Touch a chance. 101 episodes done. I would give that series a 6. Could've been higher but the main chick is annoying af. I'm now at episode 18 of Mix and since it's literally 30 years after Touch, the new/old artwork is refreshing. MCs for Touch, Mix and Cross Game are all virtually identical. I'll watch H2 after Mix.

Lot of AOT news today. New trailer, new studio, possible delay

EZLGqYhUMAA-rpI

Former Chief Director Tetsuro Araki will be replaced by director Yuichiro Hayashi, who just wrapped up directing Dorohedoro.

Similarly, character designer Tomohiro Kishi also worked on Dorohedoro and is replacing Kyoji Asano, but that’s not surprising since Asano is a WIT Studio co-founder. As might be expected, the entire animation team is different, but MAPPA has pulled together some good talent. Former AoT Chief Animation Director Satoshi Kadowaki was directly attached to WIT Studio so he’s being replaced by Daisuke Niinuma, who’s known for his work on Banana Fish, Kakegurui, Punch Line, To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts, and Deadman Wonderland.

Art Director Kazuo Ogura also directed the art for notables like the Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie. 3D CG Director Takahiro Uezono worked on the 3D production for Kill la Kill, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, and Yuri!! On Ice.

Keep in mind that many anime creators are contractors so they’re not tied to WIT Studio. That means some of the staff are returning from the previous Attack On Titan Seasons to work at MAPPA. Most importantly, AoT Seasons 1 through 3 scriptwriter Hiroshi Seko (Vinland Saga, Mob Psycho 100) is returning. Attack On Titan music composer Hiroyuki Sawano is also returning, although he’s joined by Kohta Yamamoto who is known for his work on The Seven Deadly Sins anime.

Reactions: Cid
Freddie Mercury in an anime op, incredible lol
Very interested in this as well

@JBSchroeds Have you been keeping up with the ToG anime? If so what did you think of the changes they've made to the Hide and Seek portion?

@JBSchroeds Have you been keeping up with the ToG anime? If so what did you think of the changes they've made to the Hide and Seek portion?
Haven't watched it, I'm planning on waiting for the season to be over and then marathoning it during a free trial (assuming crunchyroll does those, they don't have enough other stuff that I'm interested in to want to give them money).

Yo The Ancient Magus Bride was something else.

Some series I looked at recently. Check em out if you want. Some good or bad depending what you like. Maybe one will catch your eye?

• SlaveB
  • Asper Girl
  • Dungeon Reset
  • Kaiko Sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-Dai) No Slow Na Second Life
  • Takarakuji De 40-Oku Atattandakedo Isekai Ni Ijuu Suru
  • Her Summon

Back