Television Anime and Manga v41

I swear Ippo's practically been a side character in his own manga for the better part of a decade now.
His Antonio fight wasn’t that long ago. Plus we’ve seen plenty of him outside the ring after his third loss.

But George does like to shuffle around with Sendo, Mashiba, and Takamura a lot. Then sprinkle some lesser characters in between.

What about Attack on Titan season 3 and the controversy surrounding its author and storyline?

We've also seen the death of the "big three" with Naruto and Bleach both biting it and nothing has really come along to fill that void. The amount of discussion those three series generated week in and week out was HUGE. In 2013 we filled up 13 threads. Thirteen of of them. Now we're lucky to fill up one per year.
I think part of it is that we're all mostly on the same page when it comes to One Piece. There are several other series that I've checked out, but none have really stuck to generate discussion. Helck is Godly and everyone should read it and I've heard it's getting a continuation. I'd also say dunking on other sites, but that feels like derailing.

I heard good things about this fire force anime, anyone check it out?
I've heard it's good in a mindless battle Shounen kind of way. It's like a series where you tell your brain to take five and just watch the cool visuals and enjoy the hijinks. Characters have a sort of JRPG thing going on with classes and the such and it was made by the Soul Eater guy.

I've heard it's good in a mindless battle Shounen kind of way. It's like a series where you tell your brain to take five and just watch the cool visuals and enjoy the hijinks. Characters have a sort of JRPG thing going on with classes and the such and it was made by the Soul Eater guy.
Yeah it’s not too shabby, animated pretty well and the fights have been cool so far, formulaic as fuck but whatever, I wasn’t expecting the show the reinvent the wheel.

Yeah it’s not too shabby, animated pretty well and the fights have been cool so far, formulaic as fuck but whatever, I wasn’t expecting the show the reinvent the wheel.
Yeah Kimetsu no Yaiba is the same if I recall, but still incredibly good.

That the Eldians were supposed to be like the Jews in WW2. Also the author supposedly admires a Japanese general who committed war crimes in China and Korea. They won't even show the anime in China because of this.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/18/1...ascist-nationalist-isayama-hajime-manga-anime

I remember that stuff. I also remember the posts on there calling massive bullshit on it and the whole thing being dropped as nothing more than clickbait. I mean there are things that MIGHT click there, but that's a lot of ignored supplemental context about things.

Last edited:
As much as I enjoy Vinland Saga and Fire force, we all know what the best summer anime is.

Helck is Godly and everyone should read it and I've heard it's getting a continuation. I'd also say dunking on other sites, but that feels like derailing.
I keep forgetting to finish this. I've got like twenty chapters left and just never get around to it for some reason.

Back