Television Anime and Manga v41

Binge watched first several episodes of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure subtitled free on VUDU. Was surprised it looked modern. I assumed it had a cartoon series from long ago since I vaguely remember it had maybe a SFC/PS1 video game.

Odd to see characters named Robert E.O. Speedwagon and Tonpetty.

Because it was free and ad supported, I may now be an expert on tampons with the special emergency absorbent weave and panty liners that absorb pee and transform liquid into gel.

I may watch Robotech Southern Cross afterwards on VUDU.
Yes Araki loves to make music references with people’s names. You’ll see a lot more down the road.

But good old Speedwagon. Even he was afraid!

13492415163109.jpg

Just finished reading One Piece and Vinland Saga. I'm now part of the "what now until next week" club.

Just finished reading One Piece and Vinland Saga. I'm now part of the "what now until next week" club.

I can't live like this
I basically stopped reading all current manga except for AoT because waiting gives me cancer

HxH has scarred me

I can't live like this
I basically stopped reading all current manga except for AoT because waiting gives me cancer

HxH has scarred me
This thread made me read all these series I put off. Took only a couple of days to read a hundred chapters of one piece.

This thread made me read all these series I put off. Took only a couple of days to read a hundred chapters of one piece.
Have you read the following:

Solo Leveling
Peerless Dad
Bambino!
Bio Meat Nectar
Angel Densetsu
Tales of Demons and Gods
Ballroom E Youkoso
Gyo
Uzumaki
Sakamoto desu Ga?
Ketchup Ninja

Have you read the following:

Solo Leveling
Peerless Dad
Bambino!
Bio Meat Nectar
Angel Densetsu
Tales of Demons and Gods
Ballroom E Youkoso
Gyo
Uzumaki
Sakamoto desu Ga?
Ketchup Ninja
It's rare for me to read a manga without watching the anime first. I think vinland saga, karate shoukoushi and all-rounder meguru are the only mangas I read without/before it had an anime. I enjoyed Ballroom a lot but I does it translate well to manga with all the intricate dancing and movement?

It's rare for me to read a manga without watching the anime first. I think vinland saga, karate shoukoushi and all-rounder meguru are the only mangas I read without/before it had an anime. I enjoyed Ballroom a lot but I does it translate well to manga with all the intricate dancing and movement?
I think the author captures movement and expression very well with her drawings.
I like both a lot (anime and manga).

I'm sort of surprised to see Demon Slayer getting so much love. I thought the manga was intensely mediocre. They must have jazzed the hell out of it for the anime adaption.

Last edited:
I'm sort of surprised to see Demon Slayer getting so much love. I thought the manga was intensely mediocre. They must of jazzed the hell out of it for the anime adaption.
I started reading the manga after episode 18 or something, because I hate waiting and wanted to see where the story is going - and I agree, the manga is pretty bland

The anime selectively stretches out certain moments of the manga particularly the battle scenes, but beyond that it's nearly a shot for shot remake. The thing is those moments that they decide to stretch out do such a service to the character development and in a lot of ways the world building that it changes the tone of the story from the manga. (For example, the early training arc is elongated and instead of using Tanjiro's inner dialogue as exposition, you get a stretched out montage that is just extremely well done)

And then there's also the art direction, which I can't stress enough, is amazing. I said it earlier in the thread, it's one of the most gorgeous anime I've ever seen - just pretty to look at. That and the music just make impactful moments memorable and work.
Because it really is a very formulaic battle shonen, the manga feels predictable and derivative - but the anime pays so much attention to detail to the parts of the story and characters that work that you can just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I'm sort of surprised to see Demon Slayer getting so much love. I thought the manga was intensely mediocre. They must of jazzed the hell out of it for the anime adaption.

Yeah animation saves a lot, the story itself is pretty basic

The wano war in one piece is going to be great. It's about to start soon

The wano war in one piece is going to be great. It's about to start soon
Yeah this weeks chapter was great. Though given the Big Mom/Kaido alliance the rebels should get obliterated.

Damn that's quite a feat. Did you start One Piece a long time ago? I started it a little while back and I'm only 8 volumes deep so far. A series getting close to 100 volumes is hard to wrap my head around. I don't mean to say I would get bored of it, just seems like such an epic narrative at that point.

The longest series I've read to completion is Sandman at 10 volumes plus some additional books, although I've probably read more volumes of Batman than that, and I've read 21 volumes of Berserk, 20 of Vinland Saga, and 15 of Vagabond.

Damn that's quite a feat. Did you start One Piece a long time ago? I started it a little while back and I'm only 8 volumes deep so far. A series getting close to 100 volumes is hard to wrap my head around. I don't mean to say I would get bored of it, just seems like such an epic narrative at that point.

The longest series I've read to completion is Sandman at 10 volumes plus some additional books, although I've probably read more volumes of Batman than that, and I've read 21 volumes of Berserk, 20 of Vinland Saga, and 15 of Vagabond.
I actually backtracked from where I left off. Forgot the chapter but it was when Sanji's bros and sis met Luffy and the crew for the first time. Vinland Saga is a page turner. One Piece, not so much. But both are good so it's weird how one series' art and pacing is so superior but the monster that is One Piece can still dominate.

Did anybody read Miura's Giganto Maxia?
Yup. Pretty decent, but it left me wanting more. It easily could have been turned into an ongoing series. Well "easily" assuming Miura worked at more than a snail's pace.

Last edited:
I've never gotten the appeal of one piece
I've tried multiple times to get into it, but I always lose after the Buggy Pirates
both manga and anime
I remember reading it as a kid and losing interest at that part too, pretty sure I read them as they were releasing in the US

I've tried multiple times to get into it, but I always lose after the Buggy Pirates
both manga and anime
I remember reading it as a kid and losing interest at that part too, pretty sure I read them as they were releasing in the US
Things pick up after they leave the East Blue and go to the Grand Line.

both manga and anime
I mentioned the mystery that is One Piece. Every arc/adventure is about the crew splitting up, meeting royalty of said country and overthrowing shit. Every time. Binge reading it was a chore but you just wanna see it through. Like Fairy Tail. I think I'm the only one left watching it just to see how it ends.

I mentioned the mystery that is One Piece. Every arc/adventure is about the crew splitting up, meeting royalty of said country and overthrowing shit. Every time. Binge reading it was a chore but you just wanna see it through. Like Fairy Tail. I think I'm the only one left watching it just to see how it ends.
There’s still a couple dudes watching in here. Me included.

I just want to see Blackbeard defeated and Zoro finally besting Mihawk. Finding Raftel will be cool too I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back