Anime and Manga v40: Repeated Thread Necromancy Edition

Peerless Dad is a martial arts webtoon. It doesn't do anything revolutionary but it's competently constructed and the MC and his family are good characters. Solo Leveling is an urban-fantasy webtoon. It has a lot in common with the 'other-world-just-like-an-MMO' genre just without the 'other-world' part. One of the things I particularly liked was the MC was given some decent development before they gained their OP leveling ability (he doesn't "reawaken" until about a volume or so in). It's got some really nice artwork and has kept the edginess down to an acceptable level.

Goblin Slayer: Year One falls into the trap that a lot of these spin-off/side-series do and that is that the artist is not nearly as good as the main series. So where I think the main series does a good enough job of making the rape stuff horrific rather than titillating, this one does not. It's drawn like a fully-lit hentai page. It's gross.

Nice. Will check em out later.

G. Slayer
Also, given how fucking grody and repugnant the base manga already is with that shit, I can't even begin to imagine how much worse the spin-off is. Wasn't there like brutal gang rape 8 pages in or some shit?

New Slime today! They've revealed a few things about when stuff will end. Main series will end on episode 23 and episodes 24 and 25 will be side-stories.

I just finished Mob Psycho 100 season 1, it was decent. Almost done season 2 of my hero academia.

Finished reading Baki Son Of Ogre after the new season of Baki. What a garbage end to a admittedly mediocre but fun series. Its so bad, that I wont even bother to read the sequel or whatever.

This Dragon Ball Super manga is a mess. They did the unthinkable by making the end to the tournament of power worse than the anime. Literally a dumbed down version.

This Dragon Ball Super manga is a mess. They did the unthinkable by making the end to the tournament of power worse than the anime. Literally a dumbed down version.
What happened? Not seen or read any of it since it just sort of feels like Toriyama just half-assing things and cashing in all of the accumulated good will of the series.

What happened? Not seen or read any of it since it just sort of feels like Toriyama just half-assing things and cashing in all of the accumulated good will of the series.

Without giving you any spoilers, the anime ended in a predictable way, but felt like a proper ending, the manga which is slightly different than the anime managed to make things seem even more rushed, even though it had no reason to. Everyone expected an improved ending but got exactly the opposite. The art was good though.

Without giving you any spoilers, the anime ended in a predictable way, but felt like a proper ending, the manga which is slightly different than the anime managed to make things seem even more rushed, even though it had no reason to. Everyone expected an improved ending but got exactly the opposite. The art was good though.

Feel free to spoil I'm good with that.

Toyotaro is a fucking Hack literally a dude that did fan fiction and got a following. Toriyama is not a great writer but how he did his stories better in the Original Dragon Ball and how he set up the Panels is vastly superior to Dragon Ball Super.

I'm watching Hunter X Hunter and I'm up to episode 25

Where the fucking fights at?

This shit is slow

Rewatching Kuroko No Basket... i'm still loving this series!

latest

Toyotaro is a fucking Hack literally a dude that did fan fiction and got a following. Toriyama is not a great writer but how he did his stories better in the Original Dragon Ball and how he set up the Panels is vastly superior to Dragon Ball Super.
But that doesn't make any sense, Super is drawn by Toyotaro and the story is by Toriyama, right? And despite Toriyama's style being aped so often by people, I'm actually impressed by how close Toyotaro is making his artwork look like Toriyama's, so it seems a bit harsh to call him a hack.

But that doesn't make any sense, Super is drawn by Toyotaro and the story is by Toriyama, right? And despite Toriyama's style being aped so often by people, I'm actually impressed by how close Toyotaro is making his artwork look like Toriyama's, so it seems a bit harsh to call him a hack.

Toriyama gives the roughest of outlines to Toyotaro and Toei (when the anime was running)

They decide on how to take those notes and create the show

So to say that Toriyama is writing the show is not entirely accurate

They actually have a Domestic Na Kanojo anime now

I would have much rather preferred a Good Ending anime

Both stories are by the same author but Good Ending is far and above Domestic

Toriyama gives the roughest of outlines to Toyotaro and Toei (when the anime was running)

They decide on how to take those notes and create the show

So to say that Toriyama is writing the show is not entirely accurate
But we weren't talking about the show, we're talking about the manga.

But we weren't talking about the show, we're talking about the manga.

It's the same deal with the manga.

How it works is, once Toei or Toyotaro receive the notes from Toriyama then they decide on how to translate those notes into the manga or anime.

It's a complete shit show but that's how it works

It's the same deal with the manga
Ah ok, not terribly shocking to be honest. He's getting up there in age and I highly doubt he's burning with passion for doing more of the same material he's been doing the last 30 years.

Ah ok, not terribly shocking to be honest. He's getting up there in age and I highly doubt he's burning with passion for doing more of the same material he's been doing the last 30 years.

There was even an interview where Toriyama said that he didn't particularly enjoy fighting

The guy is crazy

They actually have a Domestic Na Kanojo anime now

I would have much rather preferred a Good Ending anime

Both stories are by the same author but Good Ending is far and above Domestic
Wow. I always thought I was the only one who had read Good Ending. Need to read that one again. The one-shot was amazing.

Back