Anime and Manga v40: Repeated Thread Necromancy Edition

Just realized that season 2 of Psycho Mob 100 is out. I can't believe it came out before OPM season 2, but that should premiere in about 3 months.

Ending of Kengan Asura was good. Series was like a better version of Baki so I'm glad to have read it. The Baki serious were always such a disappointment to me. This was a far superior fighting manga with a similar premise.

just watched one punch man,was awesome

waiting for season 2

Ending of Kengan Asura was good. Series was like a better version of Baki so I'm glad to have read it. The Baki serious were always such a disappointment to me. This was a far superior fighting manga with a similar premise.
I really enjoyed it also. What did you think of the end page. i wonder how the sequel will go after the few end pages

I really enjoyed it also. What did you think of the end page. i wonder how the sequel will go after the few end pages
Netflix is releasing an anime adaptation later this year

Ending was a little sad. Ohma was a boss though.

The white out effect reminded me of Ashita no Joe.

1447914229294-e1522474651815.png

Anybody read Vagabond? It's listed as still in publication / on hiatus, but the most recent volume was published in 2014. Does anybody think there will ever be any more of it? Apparently the last few chapters haven't been put into a collected volume. From what I gather Inoue just stopped in the middle of an arc.

Kind of a shame if it doesn't wrap up properly, it's quickly become a favorite of mine.

Anybody read Vagabond? It's listed as still in publication / on hiatus, but the most recent volume was published in 2014. Does anybody think there will ever be any more of it? Apparently the last few chapters haven't been put into a collected volume. From what I gather Inoue just stopped in the middle of an arc.

Kind of a shame if it doesn't wrap up properly, it's quickly become a favorite of mine.
From what I remember he said he was taking a break to full plot out the ending arc of the series. And then...bupkis. As far as I can tell Inoue hasn't put out an new content in years, either for Vagabond or REAL. Japanese people in general are really secretive about personal/health issues so who knows what's going on. His twitter is still active and it seems like he still draws for b-ball advertising stuff. The guy's had a long and successful career, could be he's just checked out on having to do the mangaka grind.

I've got high hopes for the sequel. I wonder if Setsuna is gonna be involved with the "tiger vessals" since he techinically was also trained in the nikko style.

Ending was a little sad. Ohma was a boss though.

The white out effect reminded me of Ashita no Joe.

1447914229294-e1522474651815.png

Definitely looked like an homage to AnJ

Well, it's become very clear to me now why I did so little new reading last year. In the last two weeks I have tried approximately 40 new series. I have actually enjoyed...three of them (Peerless Dad, Solo Leveling, Undead Adventurer (Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha) and all of those were ones that had been recommended here at some point within the last year.

Oh, and Goblin Slayer: Year One is garbage. All the stuff that people complain about in GS that I tend to think is over-stated is absolutely a problem in this one. What a difference an artist makes.

Last edited:
Well, it's become very clear to me now why I did so little new reading last year. In the last two weeks I have tried approximately 40 new series. I have actually enjoyed...three of them (Peerless Dad, Solo Leveling, Undead Adventurer (Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha) and all of those were ones that had been recommended here at some point within the last year.

Oh, and Goblin Slayer: Year One is garbage. All the stuff that people complain about in GS that I tend to think is over-stated is absolutely a problem in this one. What a difference an artist makes.

Oh God dare I ask what the issues with Year One were? Also I'm so glad you like Undead Adventurer. Also, how are the other two you mentioned and what about?

The Promised Neverland episode 1 unironically 9.8/10

Oh God dare I ask what the issues with Year One were? Also I'm so glad you like Undead Adventurer. Also, how are the other two you mentioned and what about?
Peerless Dad is a martial arts webtoon. It doesn't do anything revolutionary but it's competently constructed and the MC and his family are good characters. Solo Leveling is an urban-fantasy webtoon. It has a lot in common with the 'other-world-just-like-an-MMO' genre just without the 'other-world' part. One of the things I particularly liked was the MC was given some decent development before they gained their OP leveling ability (he doesn't "reawaken" until about a volume or so in). It's got some really nice artwork and has kept the edginess down to an acceptable level.

Goblin Slayer: Year One falls into the trap that a lot of these spin-off/side-series do and that is that the artist is not nearly as good as the main series. So where I think the main series does a good enough job of making the rape stuff horrific rather than titillating, this one does not. It's drawn like a fully-lit hentai page. It's gross.

A lot. The bar was raised high for this one, it could only go downhill from here, which makes me anxious.
I think it’ll turn out alright if it’s anything like the manga.

LMAO at the lastest chapter of Hajime no Ippo.
George is killing it.

Back