Anime and Manga v36

I don't think I've seen an anime that didn't have crazy ass writing at some point. I admit it had weak points for sure. But every anime always gets crazy. Not to dis it, I love it. I've just learned to ignore little offenses I guess. I focused more on Kirito's story and his desire to over come. He beat the matrix. Beat the game. And I just loved the world so much I enjoyed it. Also the story with the cousin was hilarious and sexy.

23u3lhs.gif

She fell in love with him not ONCE, but TWICE. Once in real life, and once in game when she didn't know it was him! And she grew up with him thinking of him as a BROTHER. WTF! I loved it lol.

Beserk, that was a great anime. I was watching it on netflix, but the story just kind of randomly stops right? After the chick and Guts fight off a bunch of people?

I even watched the new version on Netflix too, but I didn't like it. It was too rushed. They just wanted to sum up everything. I didn't like it for the story, but it was interesting to watch.

Which was broken by a seven page chapter and immediately followed by another 10 month hiatus :icon_lol:
I have no idea if that's true, just feels like it

lol it def. feels like it. went back to a classic AV I see, very nice.

Production IG might remake FLCL. Of course there's a ton of whining already. Personally I don't care, I've watched the show twice and other than the great art and animation it didn't really leave much of a lasting impression.

Production IG might remake FLCL. Of course there's a ton of whining already. Personally I don't care, I've watched the show twice and other than the great art and animation it didn't really leave much of a lasting impression.

I disagree entirely, FLCL is still one of my favorite anime series to date. Its 6 episode run is still better than a lot of series coming out now. It also left a lasting impression on me as I was just around the same age as Naota was when the show first aired here.

That said, the show doesn't need a remake. What would be nice is a sequel series. I think it would be cool if say the sequel started when Naota was either in high school or starting college and Haruko came back.

Review dump? Review dump!

7 Seeds - Ongoing - [C] - Survival stories of this sort rarely hold my interest. This one didn't seem to be breaking any new ground in the volume I read, and the artwork is pure shujo which is a style I don't care for.

how far you get into it? it's not to bad once it gets going well besides a few of the people who should be killed off for annoyingness.

As a coming of age story its something that's best watched as a preteen/teenager.

I saw it stoned which is the next best thing and I loved it. If they're going to remake it I hope they change it up a bit, a 1:1 remake is unnecessary.
I disagree entirely, FLCL is still one of my favorite anime series to date. Its 6 episode run is still better than a lot of series coming out now. It also left a lasting impression on me as I was just around the same age as Naota was when the show first aired here.

That said, the show doesn't need a remake. What would be nice is a sequel series. I think it would be cool if say the sequel started when Naota was either in high school or starting college and Haruko came back.

A remake is better than a sequel. I'd rather see the story taken in a different direction than some forced sequel to a near perfect ending.

A remake is better than a sequel. I'd rather see the story taken in a different direction than some forced sequel to a near perfect ending.

I just want some new FLCL material. The show was too good for only 6 episodes. Doesn't matter what ends up happening, I'll watch it.

I just want some new FLCL material. The show was too good for only 6 episodes. Doesn't matter what ends up happening, I'll watch it.

I'd give it a try but I felt like the ending was perfect as is. Naota grew up a lot and became ready to face the life ahead of him. He left Mamimi, Haruka, and all that craziness behind.

I will say though that the ending seemed to me to hint strongly at a future romance with Ninamori so in keeping up with the coming of age themes you could start the series with Naota nearing graduation and facing an uncertain future with Ninamori and throw in a returning Mamimi and maybe you've got something to work with.

That's all stuff that's been done before but if you throw in the FLCL brand of humor and slapstick it could be a fresh take.

I'd give it a try but I felt like the ending was perfect as is. Naota grew up a lot and became ready to face the life ahead of him. He left Mamimi, Haruka, and all that craziness behind.

I will say though that the ending seemed to me to hint strongly at a future romance with Ninamori so in keeping up with the coming of age themes you could start the series with Naota nearing graduation and facing an uncertain future with Ninamori and throw in a returning Mamimi and maybe you've got something to work with.

That's all stuff that's been done before but if you throw in the FLCL brand of humor and slapstick it could be a fresh take.

I could go for all that. The only things that worry me about a remake or new FLCL material are that it's not the Gainax team anymore, possibility of someone other than the Pillows doing the music, and the series being adapted to the modern day anime market, which relies heavily on fanservice catering to the otaku fanbase. I guess we'll have to see which way this goes.

I could go for all that. The only things that worry me about a remake or new FLCL material are that it's not the Gainax team anymore, possibility of someone other than the Pillows doing the music, and the series being adapted to the modern day anime market, which relies heavily on fanservice catering to the otaku fanbase. I guess we'll have to see which way this goes.

I share all those concerns so even though I said I'd give any such attempt a chance I wouldn't have high hopes for those reasons.

I share all those concerns so even though I said I'd give any such attempt a chance I wouldn't have high hopes for those reasons.

Agreed. To be fair it's pretty hard to try to top the original series. It still holds up to this day. In my opinion it the stars aligned perfectly for FLCL, it was made by the right people at the right time.

There's also the new Vampire Hunter D series coming out, which I don't have too high of expectations for. I did until it was announced that it's pretty much all CGI.

The new Lupin III could be good though, have to keep an eye out for it.

Agreed. To be fair it's pretty hard to try to top the original series. It still holds up to this day. In my opinion it the stars aligned perfectly for FLCL, it was made by the right people at the right time.

There's also the new Vampire Hunter D series coming out, which I don't have too high of expectations for. I did until it was announced that it's pretty much all CGI.

The new Lupin III could be good though, have to keep an eye out for it.

I saw the Fujiko series that came out a few years ago. It was my first real taste of Lupin the 3rd and I was a little disappointed but mostly because Fujiko, as fun as she is, isn't an interesting enough character to hold up a series. Lupin, Jigen, and Goeman are all more interesting so despite my poor impression of the Fujiko series I might check out the new Lupin one.

What would you guys say is the best anime to watch first if you've never really watched anything but a few Miyazaki movies?

I'd prefer nothing that's too cutesy. For some reason a lot of anime seems really shrill and cutesy to me.

What would you guys say is the best anime to watch first if you've never really watched anything but a few Miyazaki movies?

I'd prefer nothing that's too cutesy. For some reason a lot of anime seems really shrill and cutesy to me.

I'd say check out Akira, Ghost in the Shell (first movie), and Cowboy Bebop. All are aimed at adult audiences and are of a very high standard.

And don't sleep on Miyazaki, most of his stuff is superb. If you haven't seen Princess Mononoke you need to add that one to the list.

Seirei no Moribito

[YT]Bo8TxQ4_MvI[/YT]

One of the best series I have ever seen from top to bottom. Excellent score, fun characters, interesting world, good balance between action and character interactions. I can't recommend this one enough. I guess if I had to nitpick maybe the ending doesn't live up to the greatness of the beginning but that says more about the beginning than it does the ending. I recommend watching it dubbed, it has some solid English VAs and its on Netflix.

Michiko & Hatchin

[YT]Uk1e0P6ziVI[/YT]

Another "Woman protects child" adventure story, Michiko & Hatchin is a series that takes place in Brazil which isn't a very common setting for anime so I like the novelty of it. Decent score and fun characters but I'll admit there is some variation with the quality of the episodes. Its mostly built on the relationship between the two main characters but also delves into the past of Michiko and her relationships with other characters. Very episodic, not unlike Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop. When watching this series keep in mind its about the journey, not the destination. I recommend you watch it subbed, the English voices seems average at best.

Madoka Magica

[YT]6CTHwEZK2JA[/YT]

Looks super cutsey but trust me, its a lot more than that. Its a series that perfectly fits the 3 episode rule. That is, if you don't like where the series is going after you finish the 3rd episode you can drop it but you have to watch the first three in their entirety to get a proper sense of the series. From then on it gets...interesting to say the least.

[YT]IBERUgx6ChQ[/YT]

Back