Anime and Manga v36

Are there any other anime like Prison School and Cromartie High School? Love the art work and style of comedy.

It's old school but I'd say the ping pong club may be one of the originator's if the genre...I think I watched it back in the old vhs fansub era..

I finished kids on the slope and I absolutely loved it. I just wish there was more.

Anybody have an opinion of this manga called Garouden? Is it worth checking out?

Thoughts on Noblesse would be appreciated as well

No idea about Garouden, but I've read a major chunk of Noblesse. I wouldn't really recommend it. A good portion of it's popularity is because most of the male characters are bishonen. From a writing perspective it's nothing special, and many of the battles aren't very well choreographed (using nondescript grey backgrounds for many panels because the author can't be bothered to keep track of where things are happening).

No idea about Garouden, but I've read a major chunk of Noblesse. I wouldn't really recommend it. A good portion of it's popularity is because most of the male characters are bishonen. From a writing perspective it's nothing special, and many of the battles aren't very well choreographed (using nondescript grey backgrounds for many panels because the author can't be bothered to keep track of where things are happening).

Made it through the first chapter of Garouden. It's made by the same mangaka that made Grappler Baki. The story and weren't up to snuff. My search for decent MMA manga comtinues

So far I've read or am caught up on:
-Holy Land
-Teppu
-KSKM
-Chamo

Made it through the first chapter of Garouden. It's made by the same mangaka that made Grappler Baki. The story and weren't up to snuff. My search for decent MMA manga comtinues

-Holy Land
-Teppu
-KSKM
-Chamo

All Rounder Meguru is the only one missing from that list for MMA manga that I've read. If you want to expand that to include pure boxing, then I'd add RRR and Rikudo.

whats going on the Caped Baldy manga hasn't put out a new chapter in a few weeks.

whats going on the Caped Baldy manga hasn't put out a new chapter in a few weeks.

according to Murata's twitter new chapter should be sometime beginning of next week. could be worse lol

Prison School episode 7:

Poor Andre... he just wants to be punished.

Last edited:

-Holy Land
-Teppu
-KSKM
-Chamo

I finished Holy Land not too long ago, I thought the ending was incredibly unsatisfying and stupid on Yuu's part. I liked Masaki's ending though.

Anyone here watch Michiko&Hatchin? I know its on Toonami now but I watched it back in 09. Every once in a while I'll rewatch my favorite episodes because that show was so dope.

I've never seen it^

And damn this thread is pretty dead. Life's getting in the way I guess?

I've never seen it^

Can't speak for anyone else, but for me life and Inuyasha rewatch. The complete series is a little under 200 episodes :eek:

I'm starting to think that watching Himouto! was a mistake.

I've never seen it^

I recommend it, its similar to Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo in that its a mostly episodic journey with an overarching plot that gets advanced slowly. Its not as action heavy but its pretty good.
Can't speak for anyone else, but for me life and Inuyasha rewatch. The complete series is a little under 200 episodes :eek:
Does it hold up? I saw it when I was a teenager and I liked it somewhat but thought it was repetitive. That said I came into it looking for another action series and got a lot more episodic romantic humor so maybe if I rewatch it with different expectations I might enjoy it more.
And did anyone else love the tranny in that show? The one with the band of 7 that was always hitting on Inuyasha? She was great, my favorite of the Band of 7

Back