Anik-Cormier-Felder Ortega bias last night

Shades of the Max Holloway vs Ortega fight where Rogan was doing his DAMNDEST to sell the ever loving FUCK out of any offence that came from Ortega, even if this shit glanced, or missed completely smh. Almost as annoying as Izzy vs Jan but I guess overtime I learned to tune them out, because I was very much engaged in the fight and knew Volkanovski was soundly winning, I don't remember anything they said on commentary last night and thank god.

I honestly only remember DC saying "Murphy is trying to not get finished" or something like that during the Valentina fight lol, most of it was a blur once they got on that shit.
The Val fight was silly. Val was dominating for sure but she was her usual extra careful and measures self not blasting Murphy from pillar to post lol. Stupid commentary

I was listenning to the us broadcast as well and it was not that biased.
At least it was not biased to the point of perverting the reality of that (great) fight.
You are making to much of practically nothing.

It may have overtaken Jan/Israel for the most bias commentary I've ever heard. Volk would land 2 hard shots and they'd focus on the non existent jab landed by Ortega

The headbutt was the biggest deal in the world. Never mind the fact they both came into each other and Ortega nose was already wearing damage.

The crowd also plays a part. When they scream for any Ortega jab it plays into the commentator's minds I'm sure.
Im just glad it didn't play into the judges minds

Yeah, same about the Calvillo - Andrade fight. They were rooting for Calvillo because they need a new opponent for Valentina. Andrade was fucking her up, but they were trying to make it look more competitive than it was and even said that they hope judges will not be swayed by the audience, lol.

It may have overtaken Jan/Israel for the most bias commentary I've ever heard. Volk would land 2 hard shots and they'd focus on the non existent jab landed by Ortega

I wouldn't I go that far, but yeah, they were definitely focusing on ortega more, and it was really weird to see Volk jab ortega's face off only to hear the commentary say "nice jab from ortega!"

I think Rogan at least keeps it honest. Like Ortega throws a hook, it's clearly blocked, and everyone reacts

Would be so cool of they offered an opyional technical commentary channel. Striking expert, wrestling expert, bjj expert.

Even Cruz, Rogan, Goldberg is better

If you go through this topic, there's literally people bitching about every single commentator. I remember when I was a kid and I'd visit WWF forums the same shit would be happening with Michael Cole, Jim Ross, Jerry Lawlor, etc.

I guess some of you guys are just more auditory than me. I watch the fights and rarely take what they're saying into big consideration on how I react.

That fight started to feel like an attempt at a fix when they gave Ortega extra recovery time twice.
Facts! blame Herb, and on top of that Ortega forgot how to speak English between rounds and asked for the Athletic Commision/Doc to speak Spanish so he could milk more recovery time

I was wondering about the clear bias as well. Not the worst I've ever heard (Jan-Izzy was crazy, GSP-Hendricks to give a historic example) but pretty obvious. Surprised DC reacted to thin-skinned.
the reaction was terrible. no class at all.

Back