Angry & Depressed Mark Hunt: I probably won't fight in UFC again!

Seriously? I don't follow or have an interest in cycling because it's boring as shit.
where I live it used to be very popular, but the whole cheating of every champion started to bring the interest in the sport down. This year the same thing happened in fieldcycling a female had a tiny motor in her bike, stuff like that just destroys the sport. You can't take it serious anymore imo.

Personally I think it's a shame, Brock didn't need those PEDs to win this.
It really is a very negative thing and Hunt has every right to be pissed, he fought multiple users in a row and that's unfair for fighters who prefer to take the clean route.
It has to be a fair fight, otherwise you might as well fight with hammers and baseball bats...

Mark Hunt, angry and depressed at what he feels is a company which condones the use of performance-enhancing drugs, says he probably won't fight in the UFC again.

Hunt, speaking exclusively to the Herald in Auckland today, is taking a stand following Brock Lesnar's two failed drugs tests which came to light after Lesnar's points victory over Kiwi Hunt in UFC 200 this month.

It is the third time Hunt has fought an opponent who has subsequently tested positive for drugs. Lesnar, a WWE wrestling star, appears set to escape the violation without a fine or the loss of any of his reported $3.5million from the fight.

That is unacceptable to Hunt, a 42-year-old who is contracted to the UFC for five more fights but doubts he will see them. Instead, Hunt, who believes he has four or five fighting years left, is looking to start a union to protect fighters' interests, but more particularly their health. He said it was possible for a fighter such as him to die in the octagon should the use of performance-enhancing drugs continue to go unchecked.

"It's an unsafe working environment," Hunt said. "They're doing nothing about cheating or performance-enhancing [drugs]. They're helping it, they're condoning drugs, is what I think. I think there should be some criminal [charges]. Every other sport has it sorted out. Every other sport frowns on cheats and drugs.

"It's a pattern here, and probably the next time - if I did fight - I could die," he said. "I have nothing against fighting, obviously, I love what I do. If it's an even playing field then it makes it fair... the guy was caught doping and he gets my [heavyweight ranking] position of No 8 and he gets all the money, it's ridiculous."

Hunt had lobbied for Lesnar's bonus to be stripped and given to him, but said today he wasn't worried about boosting his own bank balance, more about upping the sanctions for those who transgressed.

"I don't give a rats' about money, it's not like any of us are going to take it with us.

"The reason why I said to take his money is because guys are cheating to make money.
http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11683923
See ya later

Yeah, from the little I've read of Hivju, he seems like a super chill dude.
He's as chill as we get in Scandinavia. That being said, he can seem pretty intense to people who are not used to our type of breed.

No he doesn't, he's lucky to be making 700k a fight as a 42 year old .500 fighter.
Who, precisely, are you to say anybody does or doesn't deserve anything you miserable twat?

He's as chill as we get in Scandinavia. That being said, he can seem pretty intense to people who are not used to our type of breed.

I actually thought Scandinavian folks seem pretty calm, especially considering their ancestor's (The awesome, super bad ass Vikings).

Who, precisely, are you to say anybody does or doesn't deserve anything you miserable twat?
All it takes is a simple comparison to former champions with good records. UFC did him a solid.

Good, go fight fat sumos in Japan already. Man, I used to like Hunt, but he is getting crazy with this shit right now. So annoying :rolleyes:

All it takes is a simple comparison to former champions with good records. UFC did him a solid.
Horseshit. All it takes is simple compassion to see he is right to be upset about the UFC condoning Cock Chestner's use of PED's.

every other sport has it sorted out.... LOL

Horseshit. All it takes is simple compassion to see he is right to be upset about the UFC condoning Cock Chestner's use of PED's.
Hunt got paid, this has nothing to do with PEDs. Hunt is salty because he got beat up by a WWE fighter.

Hunt needs to drop the whole "I could die" bull. Anyone could possibly die during an MMA fight, but there are rules in place and the refs are trained to know when to stop a fight so I highly doubt someone being on PED's is gonna increase the risk of death. Besides, Hunt has been in numerous wars with fighters who could very well have been on PED's, they just didn't get caught.

So you think it was okay that Lesnar was roiding?

Maybe i was unclear. No, i don't think it was OK.

Counter question - did Hunt agree to participate in the match, though he knew Brock was exempt from USADA testing (regardless of how UFC managed to pull that off)?

Maybe i was unclear. No, i don't think it was OK.

Counter question - did Hunt agree to participate in the match, though he knew Brock was exempt from USADA testing (regardless of how UFC managed to pull that off)?

Yeah I understand that Hunt knew Brock was exempt, still a shit caked situation though. And sorry if I came across as an ass, I have been drinking heavily (eight White Russians and two glasses of gin), and I really, really hate that PEDs are such a prevalent part of the sport I love.

Dude is lucky for the opportunity to share the cage with Brock in the first place, he had no business in there at all and got a sweet payday.

UFC should cut him loose and let him lose some fights in another organization.

Jon Fitch thought he was worth more than they were paying him and we saw what happened when he left.

I think Hunt is more angry and depressed about getting old. This off-the-rails anger directed towards Brock and the UFC is that depression and anger misdirected.

Back