Anger Management

Lost

Looking through
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried or had success with anger management? Side note: how about anyways to get the agression out productively?

That's probably one of the things I've been working on for the last couple of years.

I think it's important to sometimes realize that the things that trigger us could be just the way we are seeing things, our perspective rather than the trigger itself.

If you can learn to instead of reacting to your trigger, and rather observe it without any judgment, you may be able to see it with a different perspective. While you observe the trigger without judgement try breathing in, through your nose and breathing out through your mouth.

Usually that can help me control the way I feel towards anything, is not that you won't get angry, is more of learning to react in a different way.

Nothing more pathetic than a man who cant control his emotions. Ive come to expect it from women though

Nothing more pathetic than a man who cant control his emotions.
Not the most productive comment but I'll take it. I'm acknowledging I have a problem, I'll leave it at that.

iu

That's probably one of the things I've been working on for the last couple of years.

I think it's important to sometimes realize that the things that trigger us could be just the way we are seeing things, our perspective rather than the trigger itself.

If you can learn to instead of reacting to your trigger, and rather observe it without any judgment, you may be able to see it with a different perspective. While you observe the trigger without judgement try breathing in, through your nose and breathing out through your mouth.

Usually that can help me control the way I feel towards anything, is not that you won't get angry, is more of learning to react in a different way.
I appreciate the insight and advice man. Triggers aren't necessarily the issue for me, it's more of holding things in for a long time and making irrational decisions. I don't break stuff or try to hurt anyone. But I've grown bitter and I'm not the easy person to be around

Not the most productive comment but I'll take it. I'm acknowledging I have a problem, I'll leave it at that.
Thats great. I wasnt knocking you. Ive just always found it so odd and sad when people lose their shit over little things.

Last edited:
Thats great. I wasnt knocking you. Ive just always gound it so odd and sad when people lose their shit over little things.
[edit] typing on phone so the format of my paragraph is kinda bad.
100% agree on that, its usually the little things that are used as an excuse for the more underlying issues. I haven't got the best relationship with my family and that is a big factor of my frustrations. I'm not sure if I'm willing to forgive certain things they've done. If you want me to elaborate on those factors. I'd be willing to share more details. Easier to get mad at stubbing your toe than to admit you have psychological problems.

Last edited:
I deal with anger issues and for me it's a lack of control that sets me off sometimes. I believe it's true of most men that happiness is a product of how much you control your destiny. JMHO

I appreciate the insight and advice man. Triggers aren't necessarily the issue for me, it's more of holding things in for a long time and making irrational decisions. I don't break stuff or try to hurt anyone. But I've grown bitter and I'm not the easy person to be around
Well what are you holding onto?

I've also used to hold onto things from the past that cause me pain and anger, it wasn't until last year that I gave my power away by absolutely letting go of the anger I had towards some people. I was also able to realize the wrong that I cause to those people, but more importantly I'm grateful for all the painful and crappy experiences because they have help me become the man I am today, if I wouldn't have gone through that I would still be light years away from the person I am today, I even wish nothing but good things upon those people. I know easier said than done, but by doing this you free yourself from unnecessary suffering, and open up yourself to better experiences, more opportunities, new people in your life, and all the blessings that can come along with letting go of the past, and accepting that it was the best thing that could've happen to you.

Quote-on-holding-on-to-Anger-by-Buddha-354x330.jpg

I deal with anger issues and for me it's a lack of control that sets me off sometimes. I believe it's true of most men that happiness is a product of how much you control your destiny. JMHO
That makes perfect sense to me. I've recently become unemployed. That's why I'm back on Sherdog after years.
Well what are you holding onto?

I've also used to hold onto things from the past that cause me pain and anger, it wasn't until last year that I gave my power away by absolutely letting go of the anger I had towards some people. I was also able to realize the wrong that I cause to those people, but more importantly I'm grateful for all the painful and crappy experiences because they have help me become the man I am today, if I wouldn't have gone through that I would still be light years away from the person I am today, I even wish nothing but good things upon those people. I know easier said than done, but by doing this you free yourself from unnecessary suffering, and open up yourself to better experiences, more opportunities, new people in your life, and all the blessings that can come along with letting go of the past, and accepting that it was the best thing that could've happen to you.

View attachment 646659
Well my big thing right now is my brother told me to kill myself and od on drugs during my worse depressive episode. That was 7 years ago. And I did end up abusing drugs after and Overdosing. I don't know how to forgive someone that tried manipulate me into killing myself, let alone my own family.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried or had success with anger management? Side note: how about anyways to get the agression out productively?
Yes, it did wonders for me. Now go fuck yourself.

Fungi, I forgot about this where did you find that gif?
I was cleaning up my old shooping laptop last week. I think I made this one for "mock the av" thread.
Fun times.

I was cleaning up my old shooping laptop last week. I think I made this one for "mock the av" thread.
Fun times.
Damn man that really brings me back this gif is at least 6 years old

I had some anger issues when I was younger, used to get in fights a lot, but I'm the most mellow dude ever now.
Anytime I'm about to get mad, i just ask myself is it worth it?

It never is. Just stop caring about the stupid, negative shit, and focus on bringing positive energy into your life. Don't involve yourself with negative people and distractions.

Being angry and hurtful just hurts you. Nobody cares that you're mad, or if they do, your anger just creates anger and other negative feelings in them. There's no plus side to it.

Walking around pissed off all the time is just like slapping yourself in the face. Stop slapping yourself in the face.

Well my big thing right now is my brother told me to kill myself and od on drugs during my worse depressive episode. That was 7 years ago. And I did end up abusing drugs after and Overdosing. I don't know how to forgive someone that tried manipulate me into killing myself, let alone my own family.
Yeah sometimes family can be real shitty, in fact some family members you would rather do without. But that's life, you can't allow something or someone define the rest of your life, at the end of the day things have only the value that we give them.

On this case you could be laughing about what he said, instead you are holding onto this as a "life changing event", I'm not saying that what he said was nice, I'm saying that you shouldn't continue to give power to something that happened 7 years ago, hell you shouldn't be giving power to something that happened 7 days ago if it isn't directed with your life purpose or goals.

Things happen, to all of us, everyone deals with it differently, have you tried speaking to him about it and if that's not a possibility could you perhaps in your mind imagine forgiving your brother for what he said? Think about this, in order for him to go that low, he must be on a pretty low spot himself, that doesn't come out of nowhere. Meaning he was suffering too at the time he said this, people would only talk to you in a way about how they feel on that giving moment.

I would just forgive him for it, more importantly you don't ever want to play the victim card, even if you were, that mindset will never get you anywhere.

Last edited:
Yeah sometimes family can be real shitty, in fact some family members you would rather do without. But that's life, you can't allow something or someone define the rest of your life, at the end of the day things have only the value that we give them.

On this case you could be laughing about what he said, instead you are holding onto this as a "life changing event", I'm not saying that what he said was nice, I'm saying that you shouldn't continue to give power to something that happened 7 years ago, hell you shouldn't be giving power you something that happened 7 days ago if it isn't directed with your life purpose or goals.

Things happen, to all of us, everyone deals with it differently, have you tried speaking to him about it and if that's not a possibility could you perhaps in your mind imagine forgiving your brother for what he said? Think about this, in order for him to go that low, he must be on a pretty low spot himself, that doesn't come out of nowhere. Meaning he was suffering too at the time he said this, people would only talk to you in a way about how they feel on that giving moment.

I would just forgive him for it, more importantly you don't ever want to play the victim card, even if you were, that mindset will never get you anywhere.
That makes perfect sense man. I've been immature about this whole situation. I'll try my best to forgive him. Thanks for the honesty it's not always easy to hear, but it helps.

Back