Angela "Overkill" Hill: won her UFC debut; now working as a security guard to get by.

She's a relatively unknown fighter in a fairly unrecognized division who also happened to receive a two month marketing platform in the form of TV series, which she also squandered.

Seriously the only thing she did on the show was fart and get ragdolled by Carla. Not the best example to use to push a fighter pay agenda.

Was it all that farting in the TUF house? I don't think she's attractive at all.

Nah lol that was offputting. There's a hilarious interview with JoJo though from right before the season started and she says (in her adorable voice to which typing can do no justice): (when talking about the clash of personalities in the house) And An-ge-leh Hill was always talkin loud and fahrtin' everywhere. Plus she had a very annoying voice as well." hahah.

I just think she's got a pretty good body and not a bad face. Not upper echelon stuff, but cute.

As for Skrapettes antics though- I was not a fan. Magana and Bec were the worst. Pretty clear who the heels and faces of the season were.

you mean she's not set for life after 2 pro fights?
my god, ban the ufc

She doesn't seem to have any problems with it.

lol. good response as usual.

What happened was Hill and co. played a game under the guidance of HJC (whom they promptly then mocked for taking the rules of the game seriously) where they basically would fill in responses to certain questions- like- which coach would you sleep with? and stuff like that.

One was how often do you masturbate and Hill's response was "till my finger wrinkles." The Skrapettes all got a kick out of it and continue to reference it on twitter and what not.

Seriously the only thing she did on the show was fart and get ragdolled by Carla. Not the best example to use to push a fighter pay agenda.

People with no natural charisma who also can't draw people in with their performances have to resort to desperate tactics, and by desperate I mean something literally anyone can exploit.

Yeah, she was deluded enough to think farting would endear people to her.

No, no one wants to see you Angela. Try again.

Suddenly the UFC`s fighter pay is perfectly acceptable for this fighter. I wonder what`s different about this fighter that would make so many people reverse their earlier opinions on the subject.

Anyway, I hope she gets a fights soon; obvious choice would have been PVZ, but now she`s booked. If she`s game, they should have her fight Torres.

Jarl

As long as ppl have to work a job while in the UFC it will never develop a strong talent pool. Much like McDonalds doesn't attract the best talent.

I wish ESPN would show the fighters purses. Mainstream folk would be like waaaaaat?
Cormier made 60K to partake in a title fight? The third string QB on my football team makes more than that. Hell MLS players make more than that. And their training is paid!

It's disgraceful. If a fighter's talent is only worth 8k/8k they shouldn't be fighting in the UFC. Either that or UFC Ain't a real sport cuz real pro athletes don't have to work at Walmart to make ends meet.

I always rant about fighter pay cuz it's fucking disgraceful.

Fuck all you "but they signed a contract...if they don't like the pay they can quit...gotta sell themselves...stop crying id love to make 16k in one night" bullshitting Zuffa zombies.

I bet money the ppl who make the fucking terrible unoriginal posters make more than half the fighters do.

People with no natural charisma who also can't draw people in with their performances have to resort to desperate tactics, and by desperate I mean something literally anyone can exploit.

Yeah, she was deluded enough to think farting would endear people to her.

No, no one wants to see you Angela. Try again.

To be fair though she had the most vicious and one of the most dominant victories on the TUF finale of any WSW fighter on the card that night. Granted, Kagan is lower-tier at this stage in the game but Hill absolutely destroyed her so she has that going for her.

If getting embarrassed by Esparza is the criteria for sucking then Rose would suck too which we obviously know is not the case, considering she subbed both JoJo and Randa.

Nah lol that was offputting. There's a hilarious interview with JoJo though from right before the season started and she says (in her adorable voice to which typing can do no justice): (when talking about the clash of personalities in the house) And An-ge-leh Hill was always talkin loud and fahrtin' everywhere. Plus she had a very annoying voice as well." hahah.

I just think she's got a pretty good body and not a bad face. Not upper echelon stuff, but cute.

As for Skrapettes antics though- I was not a fan. Magana and Bec were the worst. Pretty clear who the heels and faces of the season were.

Yeah, they were pretty childish and annoying, especially Magana. I felt sorry for the one girl they all picked on, can't recall her name but it's the one that ended up beating Bec on the Finale.

She shouldn't even be in the ufc. They shouldn't be expanding women's divisions. Just buy invicta and co promote when rousey fights

What happen to the days of the 6 figure contract? What season did that end? Sorry, but I stopped at s10 and it was hard to watch after s6.

8k to fight 8k to win sounds pretty lame being an TUF winner when you think about taxes from your home state and does anyone know if UFC fighters pay entertainment tax like NBA/NFL players? Plus paying camp.

If this was another contestant, I would not care. But being the winner of the show, more compensation is in order.

You want to build the division, start paying more money to attract enough people, then start trimming once the talent pool is deep enough.

Maybe the UFC does not want to pay 100k. But the finalist should be paid 15 to fight 15/20 to win.

If this was another contestant, I would not care. But being the winner of the show, more compensation is in order.

Then I guess you don't care, which is good. She got crippled in her very first TUF fight.

She just happened to win on the TUF card.

She should learn how to use a gun and work as a bodyguard. Wannabe killers wouldn't pay too much attention to a woman.

I did that. Its a lot of regulations before that gun can come out without you(armed security) going to jail 1/2 time. The selected few make $$$$$ but everyone else, not so much. All that money on training to make, for me at least, 22 bucks an hr part time is not worth it.

What happen to the days of the 6 figure contract? What season did that end? Sorry, but I stopped at s10 and it was hard to watch after s6.

8k to fight 8k to win sounds pretty lame being an TUF winner when you think about taxes from your home state and does anyone know if UFC fighters pay entertainment tax like NBA/NFL players? Plus paying camp.

You want to build the division, start paying more money to attract enough people, then start trimming once the talent pool is deep enough.

Maybe the UFC does not want to pay 100k. But the finalist should be paid 15 to fight 15/20 to win.

Are you talking about Angela Hill? She didn't win the competition dude. Not even close.

Hey, good for her for getting a job in between fights. Shows a good work ethic that should serve her well in her career, one where she will hopefully be making enough soon to fight full time.
I think the best case for a lot of these mid-tier fighters is to make enough of a name for yourself that you can either open your own school, teach at an established school or be big enough to draw in clients to personally train. I have a friend who fought in the UFC in the early years and now he charges $100 an hour for a private 1 on 1 MMA or BJJ lesson. And he works pretty consistently still getting paid to do what he loves

Back