Angela "Overkill" Hill: won her UFC debut; now working as a security guard to get by.

Better Every Day

Zhang finishing Andrade avatar
Platinum Member
Reaction score
UFC Strawweight Angela "Overkill" Hill, who won her UFC debut fight against Emily Kagan in December, tweeted this yesterday:

Angela Hill @AngieOverkill

Guess what...life isn't a walk in the park sometimes. If you're that concerned, pry open your wallet.

Should be cut for not wearing a Reebok jacket.

She should learn how to use a gun and work as a bodyguard. Wannabe killers wouldn't pay too much attention to a woman.

Unknown fighter takes a picture with her face turned away when referencing her fighting career.

She's a bright one.

She made like 16 K (8 show + 8 win bonus)
For one fight

Fuck I'll take 5k and get my ass knocked out

I think Hill is pretty cute to be honest.

Here's the thing- security is probably a okayish-paying job with flexible hours that will allow her to train. She could do worse.

I feel the best-case scenario for MMA fighters- both male and female- is having a spouse who works a high-paying job that means there is little pressure on the mma career to be the most substantial source of income.

So what TS ?
Should taxpayers all chip in so that she can make a good salary ?
Or should a law be passed to force the UFC to pay her more ?

What are you proposing ?

Didn't Bec Rawlings say in her blog that Angela masterbated so much on set that her hands were wrinkly and smelled like fish???!!!!!

I say let's all make some signs and then take a nap in the Octagon until Uncle Dana pays her dat Anderson Silva money. If we fail, at least it will raise awareness.

#occupytheoctagon

Guess what, I also chose a career where the money is less than guaranteed.

In fact, most of the work I've done, I've done for free. If you measured the ratio of unpaid to paid work hours, it'd probably be somewhere in the region of 100:1... maybe worse.

And you know what? I made that choice and I live by it. Fighters should do the same.

You want more money? Go do something else. No one's forcing you to be a fighter.

So what? She's a bottom-tier fighter in the UFC's least recognizable division. And I'm pretty sure she's only been pro for a year or two.

sad part is she graduated from cooper union. i think she concentrated in animation. its her fault for not applying the same dedication to art as she did to training. otherwise she'd be able to make a decent living doing freelance animation/visual development work to support herself instead of having to work security.

Bailout required immediatley! Lowest possible tier fighter (female SW lol), who cares?

She took that risk when she invested that much time and money pursuing a career in prizefighting. I have a lot of gripes with fighterpay, but this shouldn't surprise anyone. She's a relatively unknown fighter in a fairly unrecognized division

She took that risk when she invested that much time and money pursuing a career in prizefighting. I have a lot of gripes with fighterpay, but this shouldn't surprise anyone. She's a relatively unknown fighter in a fairly unrecognized division

She's a relatively unknown fighter in a fairly unrecognized division who also happened to receive a two month marketing platform in the form of TV series, which she also squandered.

Back