andy vs diaz legit?

Anderson Silva,
Fast, accurate, ko power, amazing reflexes and headmovement, diverse striker.

Nick Diaz,
Slow, accurate, no ko power, no headmovement, relies on sturdy chin, one dimensional striker.

Is this the super fight yleverybody has been asking for?

I have yet to see what Diaz has for Andy, aside from confidence.

Well, I think it has the potential to be interesting. Anderson does his best work in the clinch, he seeks it out. Specifically, Anderson loves the double collar tie. Anytime Anderson seeks out the double collar tie though, he'll have to deal with the excellent body shots/defense Diaz has in that range. Could be an interesting fight.

There are plenty of great great great fights for Diaz at WW right now. The UFC doesn't like Diaz for good reason. He's a basket case. He can beat a LOT of their top contenders, then wig out, miss a press conference or just disappear the week of a fight. Or, worse, win a big fight, embarrassing and mangling a UFC top contender in the process and then fail a test and reveal he was high as fuck during the fight and now it's a NC, he's suspended ofr 6 months and apparently that big contender he mangled couldn't even beat a guy who had done 12 bong hits before coming out to the cage.

Nick Diaz, like Rampage is a guy who really needs to be the top dog in a smaller org. An org that has the time and patience and desire to pamper him the way he expects to be pampered.

Personally I don't expect to see him back in the UFC ever.

But he never has! He always loses those fights

If they plan on paying Nick the money he wants then this fight makes no sense.

I know. I know. No sense at all.

Why pay Nick "they money he wants" for a fight that is going to be gigantic? That's just crazy talk. What sense does that make?

Nick is a somewhat young, popular WW that the UFC would want fighting for the title.

NO. They just want him to fight. Preferably in big match ups that would make tons of money.....much like this one.

If He fought Anderson (who is old, and wont be fighting much longer) he would get completely embarrassed lowering his stock.

Fantastic. Let's find out.

Well, I think it has the potential to be interesting. Anderson does his best work in the clinch, he seeks it out. Specifically, Anderson loves the double collar tie. Anytime Anderson seeks out the double collar tie though, he'll have to deal with the excellent body shots/defense Diaz has in that range. Could be an interesting fight.

Anderson has done his best work at range for years now, and the only time he has used the double collar tie recently he got knocked down

Anderson Silva,
Fast, accurate, ko power, amazing reflexes and headmovement, diverse striker.

Nick Diaz,
Slow, accurate, no ko power, no headmovement, relies on sturdy chin, one dimensional striker.

Is this the super fight yleverybody has been asking for?

I have yet to see what Diaz has for Andy, aside from confidence.

Slow? No head movement are you kidding me! Anderson does not want a boxing match with nick Diaz. This is a fight that will attract even the most casual fans the buzz would be amazing !! $$$$$$ you could fill a large venue 10000+ and not to mention ppv buy rates ! It would deliver it's the only major super fight that makes sense

I know. I know. No sense at all.

Why pay Nick "they money he wants" for a fight that is going to be gigantic? That's just crazy talk. What sense does that make?

NO. They just want him to fight. Preferably in big match ups that would make tons of money.....much like this one.

Fantastic. Let's find out.

You get one big fight but destroy several. Nick probably quits again after too

The only reason for this fight would be to throw Anderson a softball on his return to test out his new titanium leg.

Even after two ACL surgeries GSP still is and always was a better boxer than Nick. So is Condit and Lawler.

No just.... no.

It would be exciting for long how it lasts. Anderson would dominate Diaz

Sad that Anderson has fallen to this level in his fans eyes.

A freak show fight that would do nothing for his return to the MW contender race against a guy who is smallish in the WW division, fights walking forward in straight lines, and throws the most obvious and slow punch combinations against a guy who is arguably the best counter striker in MMA, who feeds off guys trying to walk him down, and who has far more power then Nick.

If Anderson is basically retired and only taking fun legacy fights, fine. But if you or his fans start proclaiming how great he is based on ZOMG the Matrix he put on Nick, then that is sad.

It is like you guys are seeking Forrest 2, but against a much smaller and even less dangerous opponent.

????????????

Now THAT makes no sense.

How so? After Anderson crushes NIck his stock would drop. It would be pretty hard to keep giving Nick unjustified title shots after he gets his ass kicked. Also you really can't see Nick retiring if he got crushed by Anderson? He already hates fighting.

when was the last time nick was destroyed and beat up badly in a fight

How so? .

Just stop.

After Anderson crushes NIck his stock would drop.

Even if that did happen (and it could), who cares? He's basically retired until he gets 1 more big fight. Then? He'll be retired again. So who CARES?

His stock is big right now, so pulling the trigger would be a very good idea.

Not to mention, you're basically making an argument for nobody to ever fight Anderson, because they may lose, and their stock will drop. Seems like you really thought about this for a while.

It would be pretty hard to keep giving Nick unjustified title shots after he gets his ass kicked.

Again. Brain. Use it.

Also you really can't see Nick retiring if he got crushed by Anderson? He already hates fighting

refer to the above.

Nick is really not that good a boxer. Take away his chin and all he has is some good, but slow combinations. Boxing is more then just hands

Exactly. He has very functional above average striking combined with a solid chin, great recovery and endless cardio.

His ground games is head and shoulders above his boxing, but he stopped using it.

"Not to mention, you're basically making an argument for nobody to ever fight Anderson, because they may lose, and their stock will drop. Seems like you really thought about this for a while."

Nick is a WW who the UFC clearly wants fighting for the title. Matching "contenders" against fighters from a higher weight class, who they can't beat is pointless. It would be like the UFC making GSP vs Melendez or JDS vs Gus

You get one big fight but destroy several. Nick probably quits again after too

Nick would certainly quit again if he gets the pay day he would demand.

People on this forum do not understand Nick. Nick does not like fighting and only wants to make enough money in one fight to quit forever. that is his ultimate goal. The GSP fight, in his mind got him there already but I doubt he manages it well enough to retire from it and so he will look for that retirement payday in one more fight.

" Nick is a WW who the UFC clearly wants fighting for the title.

The slightest bit of common sense should tell you the DO NOT want nick fighting for the title. If they did Nick Diaz vs Johnny Hendricks would already be announced. Nick is WAAAAY too volatile for them to ever has as champ at this point. Again, common sense.

They want Nick in fights that will make the most money. Period.

Matching "contenders" against fighters from a higher weight class, who they can't beat is pointless.

Again. You have to use your brain at some point. Seriously.

I
t would be like the UFC making GSP vs Melendez or JDS vs Gus

Jesus God. If that is actually what you're comparing this match up to, I really wonder if there is anything in this sport you actually grasp.

Or possibly you suffer from a condition a number just like you suffer from? Being an Anderson Silva fan. This had robbed many of any rational thought when the subject being discussed has to do with Anderson Silva.

Back