andy vs diaz legit?

bambammccoy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Anderson Silva,
Fast, accurate, ko power, amazing reflexes and headmovement, diverse striker.

Nick Diaz,
Slow, accurate, no ko power, no headmovement, relies on sturdy chin, one dimensional striker.

Is this the super fight yleverybody has been asking for?

I have yet to see what Diaz has for Andy, aside from confidence.

He has better BJJ and cardio. He employs taunts more often as well. If Anderson can't stop him early, Diaz may overwhelm him with strikes or catch him with a slick sub.

Hopefully he doesn't test positive after the fight.

Nick has no KO power.

Only man to KO Lawler, something Mr. Super Power Hendricks couldn't do, lol. Rocked BJ Penn many times on the feet, etc, it's just that Nick chooses to pepper his opponent instead of go for a one punch because it's far more taxing.

Other than that, I don't want Silva vs. Diaz. Worst match up for Nick ever, he needs to stay at Welterweight.

He has better BJJ and cardio. He employs taunts more often as well. If Anderson can't stop him early, Diaz may overwhelm him with strikes or catch him with a slick sub.

Hopefully he doesn't test positive after the fight.

Not likely. The odds would be around 10 to 1 against diaz (and rightfully so).

Nick has no KO power.

Only man to KO Lawler, something Mr. Super Power Hendricks couldn't do, lol.

Meh Robbie is the better fighter now IMO
A rematch would look much different. Like them both though.

I think you missed the thread with the exact same subject posted about 1200 times before you.

Including once earlier today.

Nick has no KO power.

Only man to KO Lawler, something Mr. Super Power Hendricks couldn't do, lol. Rocked BJ Penn many times on the feet, etc, it's just that Nick chooses to pepper his opponent instead of go for a one punch because it's far more taxing.

Other than that, I don't want Silva vs. Diaz. Worst match up for Nick ever, he needs to stay at Welterweight.

Diaz KO'd Lawler so long ago it shouldn't even be discussed.

They are both entirely different fighters today.

Not to mention it was the definition of a flash KO.

I would love to see this fight just for the antics.
Anderson dancing and running and Diaz screaming "stop dancing bitch".

It would be worth it!!

Diaz KO'd Lawler so long ago it shouldn't even be discussed.

They are both entirely different fighters today.

Not to mention it was the definition of a flash KO.

Doesn't matter how long ago it was or if it was a flash KO, you make it sound like your chin gets better as the years go by. I'm not saying Lawler has a bad chin, or that Nick has crazy power, just saying he does have power, definitely has enough to knock people out, he just chooses to fight using volume instead of going for a one punch KO, and if you watch his old fights compared to do, Nick would throw with far more aggression back then whereas today he just lets his punches add up until his opponent has had enough.

Doesn't matter how long ago it was or if it was a flash KO, you make it sound like your chin gets better as the years go by. I'm not saying Lawler has a bad chin, or that Nick has crazy power, just saying he does have power, definitely has enough to knock people out, he just chooses to fight using volume instead of going for a one punch KO, and if you watch his old fights compared to do, Nick would throw with far more aggression back then whereas today he just lets his punches add up until his opponent has had enough.

It makes a huge difference. If they fought again it would not happen.

Lawler getting KO'd had more to do with his own inexperience at the time than any power Nick has/had. Chins don't improve, but technique does. Learning to take shots is a technique that Robbie appears to have mastered since the Diaz fight 10 years ago.

Robbie just went toe to toe with one of the hardest hitters in the division trading shots for 25mins and took everything Hendricks had right on the chin, something I'm quite certain Nick couldn't do.

It makes a huge difference. If they fought again it would not happen.

Lawler getting KO'd had more to do with his own inexperience at the time than any power Nick has/had. Chins don't improve, but technique does. Learning to take shots is a technique that Robbie appears to have mastered since the Diaz fight 10 years ago.

Robbie just went toe to toe with one of the hardest hitters in the division trading shots for 25mins and took everything Hendricks had right on the chin, something I'm quite certain Nick couldn't do.

I never said Nick would finish him in a rematch, but if he tried to stand with Nick the way he did with Hendricks using the same plan, he'd get tagged repeatedly and lose. Lawler literally stood in front of Hendricks for most of the fight, and once again he showed a solid chin and he simply knows how to roll with shots, but I'm more than positive Hendricks would not finish Nick. If anybody between Nick and Hendricks gets finished, it's Hendricks.

Nick has always done a great job against very hard hitters with a gas tank that simply can't hold up to the pace. Condit walked through all of his shots, Koscheck ate all of his shots, etc, Nick could do the same and if you don't think so, you must be Johny's cousin or something.

I would pick Hendricks to win a decision, he would not get a finish over Nick. Nick matches up very well with Hendricks and could be one of the toughest fights of his life.

Nothing I've seen from Nick's recent performances convinces me he would be Hendrick's toughest fight. I don't even like Hendricks and I'm not related to him.

He's a stationary target and he has been rocked by fighters with big punching power his whole career, he just has good recovery. It's only a matter of time before he takes one too many shots and the ref steps in. His chin is not anywhere near granite.

{X,Y,Z} vs Nick Diaz = Male{a,b,c} vs Rousey

Yea right. Diaz would be destroyed so easily, no way they would ever make this fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back