Media Andy Ruiz on JRE

Anybody notice around 10:30 Andy Ruiz accidentally confirms that the fight is in Mexico? For training camp he said "We're going to get a big house over there in Mexico, real close camp"

Anybody notice around 10:30 Andy Ruiz accidentally confirms that the fight is in Mexico? For training camp he said "We're going to get a big house over there in Mexico, real close camp"

Im not sure you understand English

Andy Ruiz is very low energy and uninteresting . He responds with "I'm so blessed" and "thank god". Loosen up a bit, you're on Joe Rogan! Let it fly.

Joe was trying his hardest to get him to open up but he that's just who Andy is.

Andy Ruiz is very low energy and uninteresting . He responds with "I'm so blessed" and "thank god". Loosen up a bit, you're on Joe Rogan! Let it fly.

Joe was trying his hardest to get him to open up but he that's just who Andy is.
I kind of always knew Ruiz wouldnt be a good fit as a guest on JRE, only 58 minutes? That right there confirms it.

It's going to be in NYC

I think Ruiz Jr is going to put the final nail in Joshua's career.

He isn't ready for the rematch IMO..

Joshua is going to get TKO'd again by Ruiz Jr. He might go on to win some fights afterwards but he won't get a championship belt again..

The big 3 are Fury, Wilder, and Ruiz Jr..

I think Fury is the best of the 3 and Wilder vs Ruiz Jr. will be a toss up fight with the edge going to Wilder

I think Ruiz Jr is going to put the final nail in Joshua's career.

He isn't ready for the rematch IMO..

Joshua is going to get TKO'd again by Ruiz Jr. He might go on to win some fights afterwards but he won't get a championship belt again..

The big 3 are Fury, Wilder, and Ruiz Jr..

I think Fury is the best of the 3 and Wilder vs Ruiz Jr. will be a toss up fight with the edge going to Wilder
Immediate rematches are nearly always a bad idea. I always prefer to see a fight or 2 a piece before part 2.

But they didn't pull him after getting laid out in sparring before they fought last time, so they're banking on it being a one off that they can get back.

AJ in a tough spot here

AJ wins a decision in rematch, fights super safe. Will be a boring fight

Immediate rematch is a ballsy move. Win-win situation for me as I wouldn’t mind either a nice redemption story or Ruiz’s Cinderella story keeping going. AJ will do his best Steward Wlad impersonation. He’d better work on his jab and cardio.

Immediate rematch is a ballsy move. Win-win situation for me as I wouldn’t mind either a nice redemption story or Ruiz’s Cinderella story keeping going. AJ will do his best Steward Wlad impersonation. He’d better work on his jab and cardio.
His handlers seem to be arrogant for letting him fight after getting starched and doubling down on that arrogance by rushing the rematch. Judging by his dad's reaction towards eddie and co.,something seems obviously off.
Surely they're not deluded enough to think it was an anomaly that won't happen again. I don't get their logic here, and they're putting AJ in a risky spot right away.

His handlers seem to be arrogant for letting him fight after getting starched and doubling down on that arrogance by rushing the rematch. Judging by his dad's reaction towards eddie and co.,something seems obviously off.
Surely they're not deluded enough to think it was an anomaly that won't happen again. I don't get their logic here, and they're putting AJ in a risky spot right away.

I do believe the sparring KO incident. Either they’re arrogant or very cynical. The loss to Ruiz greatly compromised the « billion dollar boxer » narrative around AJ. Either he can overcome his loss immediatly or they’ll invest time and money on other boxers.

This was one hour of Ruiz repeating "Work hard, stay humble, stay focused" over and over again.

At least Joe Rogan's constant ass kissing paid off as Ruiz offered him tickets for the rematch in the end ... he earned it though as Andy isn't the most talkative guy. It wasn't as bad as the podcast with Mike Tyson, but Joe once again had to carry the conversation, in order to avoid any awkward silence.

People really expected all around nice, Snickers eating Andy Ruiz to turn into a trashtalking asshole all of a sudden haha?
It's just not his M.O. and it would feel forced and stupid if he tried.

They are in a tight spot tbf. I’d they don’t rematch immediately then Ruiz may not have the belts when they do fight. And we’ve seen how difficult it can be to get a shot even if you’re beating too competition like Whyte was. I don’t think he has a choice
Putting aside any excuses that fans may use for the loss, Joshua fcked up, thought Ruiz was hurt far more than he was and that was the beginning of the end. A fckin schoolboy error. I think he’ll win the rematch. As someone else has said, I think it will be an ultra safe UD

They are in a tight spot tbf. I’d they don’t rematch immediately then Ruiz may not have the belts when they do fight. And we’ve seen how difficult it can be to get a shot even if you’re beating too competition like Whyte was. I don’t think he has a choice
Putting aside any excuses that fans may use for the loss, Joshua fcked up, thought Ruiz was hurt far more than he was and that was the beginning of the end. A fckin schoolboy error. I think he’ll win the rematch. As someone else has said, I think it will be an ultra safe UD
I'm sure AJ most likely wants to rematch straight away too. I know it's probably Hearn's job to protect AJ from himself to an extent, but as a promoter where did you draw the line? AJ seems like quite an intelligent dude, so you have to respect his wishes to a point, and treat him like an adult.

Doesn’t seem to be able to understand distance control, and inside fighting looks horrible.
Vlad turn d it around, but it took a bit of time iirc.

Hope this dude can. I think it’s a bad move.
Improvements would have to dramatic,
Which takes time.
Immediate rematches usually favor the victor and in this case even more with Andy’s style and timing and
Joshua’s deficiencies.

Doesn’t seem to be able to understand distance control, and inside fighting looks horrible.
Vlad turn d it around, but it took a bit of time iirc.

Hope this dude can. I think it’s a bad move.
Improvements would have to dramatic,
Which takes time.
Immediate rematches usually favor the victor and in this case even more with Andy’s style and timing and
Joshua’s deficiencies.

He’s only been boxing about 10 years so he absolutely can improve. 10 years is not a long time in this sport
Like I said in a previous post, I don’t think he can let Ruiz face someone else in case he loses. It’s not an ideal situation but I can understand why they are going straight back at it

Back