Andy Ruiz jr fight announcement soon

Anybody else think Ruiz is done, Buster Douglas style? He has some money, I doubt he has the motivation to train. I mean, clearly he didn't have a LOT of motivation even prior to the first AJ bout given the shape he was always in.

Anyway, I don't think you'll see more than a couple more poor showings from him at the top level, myself. I hope he proves me wrong, but if he didn't train for the AJ rematch---to keep the HW champ straps...

Anybody else think Ruiz is done, Buster Douglas style? He has some money, I doubt he has the motivation to train. I mean, clearly he didn't have a LOT of motivation even prior to the first AJ bout given the shape he was always in.

Anyway, I don't think you'll see more than a couple more poor showings from him at the top level, myself. I hope he proves me wrong, but if he didn't train for the AJ rematch---to keep the HW champ straps...

I don't think so. iirc -- Douglas was a simple man. Ruiz seems to have more expensive taste, enjoys the high life, has lots of hangers on, and most importantly, actually seems to like fighting. He won't fall off the face of the earth like Buster did.

If Ruiz can get himself back down to fighting shape, 250-260, lol, i still think he can give anyone not named Wilder or Fury fits. At least for the time being.

Last edited:
I guess it's the last part that I question. If he's even going to be able to see 250 again. We'll see, I guess.

Maybe its a bit overwhelming for Ruiz to jump back right in against a top 5 after back to back fights w Joshua and then after that adding new trainer

Kind of funny considering the shape Whyte was in in his last fight.
That was after a long lay off. Judge him again when he fights next. I couldn't imagine him showing up in Ruiz's condition if he got a rematch with AJ.

Id guess Yacob has seen him a good number of times. I do agree to a point though, he isn’t a can, but he is very average. He’s only been beaten by the 2 champs because he hasn’t fought any other top guys imo. I do enjoy his fights though as you say.
I’m also quite looking forward to Washington vs Martin. Once again they are limited but well matched imo. Think it will be a good fight

Breazeale took a fight with then unbeaten Izu Ugonoh who was on point under Kevin Barry , everyone was making fun of Breazeale and how he was going to be destroyed I myself was trolled when I said Breazeale knocks him out by 6 . The point here is Wilder fought Washington on that same card , Breazeale took the tougher fight he’s defeated other Wilder opponents he didn’t face like Mansour who in 2014 was another animal and broke his jaw . Washington was Breazeales go to guy to get him ready for fights so why was Wilder fighting him and not another power puncher then ? Breazeale was a mandatory ,I’m not so sure Wilder risks that fight voluntarily despite that outcome .

Breazeale is a very good fighter and not that much off to Wilders right hand if he connects right ,he has poor defense for sure and is very slow but mark my words had he landed his own over hand right on Wilder it was lights out but Wilder landed his first .

I wouldn’t really call him average , very good power , good chin , good fundamentals ,he looks vulnerable at times but so does Wilder ,the difference between these two is Breazeale walks forward and takes punches , Wilder avoids anything really and waits on openings , but make no mistake Breazeales skills are better , Wilder is just faster and that was the problem vs a open slow defense .

He’s not in my top ten anymore but one punch in a big fight against Ruiz puts him back and this division that’s how it goes , your a bum one day then a top fighter again the next , it’s why it helps being just a fight fan not a fan of a fighter where you resort to lying . ! Lol

Last edited:
I shouldn't be a dickhead unnecessarily.....you're right.

He'd kick the shit out of me too so...
Well you can be whatever you want , I think this era is extremely stacked . Looking back you always diminish current ones because of media ,many will look back and possibly call this the best one . There’s around 9 Olympic champions and national one as well in the current H.w division but , I guess it will go unnoticed until awhile where say 2030 will be another era they call weak and give this one the status it deserves but who knows ? I just never seen any era of fans not cry and complaining . Lol

Remember people called Klitschko boring and weak era now you have those people saying there’s no Wlad around , it’s what it is .

7420969060_cdae88e54f_z.jpg

Ruiz / Ortiz makes a lot of sense right now as both are coming off losses and have a lot to prove. I'll probably place money on a Ruiz KO if it happens.

Ruiz / Ortiz makes a lot of sense right now as both are coming off losses and have a lot to prove. I'll probably place money on a Ruiz KO if it happens.
I would say Ruiz UD unless Ortiz continues his downward slide.

Didn't Big Baby just get a new promotion team behind him?

Well you can be whatever you want , I think this era is extremely stacked . Looking back you always diminish current ones because of media ,many will look back and possibly call this the best one . There’s around 9 Olympic champions and national one as well in the current H.w division but , I guess it will go unnoticed until awhile where say 2030 will be another era they call weak and give this one the status it deserves but who knows ? I just never seen any era of fans not cry and complaining . Lol

Remember people called Klitschko boring and weak era now you have those people saying there’s no Wlad around , it’s what it is .
I think in the last 5ish years the division has probably doubled in talent.

Overall right now I'd say it's about average relative to history, give or take

And I'm ok with that. I'm having fun watching it begin to sort itself out

Lol. Rd 1 goes to Whyte imho

Ruiz took Joshua on short notice why would he not fight Whyte, Whyte should have his twitter off limits, he’s still healing from that Fury roast.

That was after a long lay off. Judge him again when he fights next. I couldn't imagine him showing up in Ruiz's condition if he got a rematch with AJ.

But he looked like that against Cuban dude too, I hope so cause he’s looked like dog poop recently and talks way too much.

Anybody else think Ruiz is done,
Nope.

but if he didn't train for the AJ rematch-
I suspect that he had trained, just got up weight.
& Because he showed that his already good boxing skills had …..actually seriously improved.

I couldn't imagine him showing up in Ruiz's condition
What his condition actually was?
Boxing isn't beauty photo contest.
1. Plenty of ppl assumed that Ruiz will gas out etc.
Did it happened?
NOPE!
What actually happened?
Ruiz even after 12 rounds wasn't gassed out.
Maybe he doesn't looked in good shape for you, but he proved that he is able to do 12 rounds.
2. Boxing quality?
What happened?
Happened that Ruiz boxed even better than in first match vs AJ.
1& Now he even never was down during all 12 rounds.
Sorry, against seriously improved version of AJ.
Yes, AJ looked that seriously improved boxing skills too, shape and condition too.
----
These are facts, how " bad " Mr. Ruiz actually was.
Yes, he lost by points on cards, but sorry, plenty of not bad HW guys didn't even walked against AJ even longer than 4 rounds.
Ruiz did it 12 rounds.

Back