Social Andy Ngo on the Joe Rogan Podcast

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by BayAreaGuy, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Belt

Where are these NO GO ZONES you’re talking about and who is it that doesn’t want to change them?

2. djacobox372

djacobox372 Gold Belt

Has he always come off so sleepy and drunk? or is that the brain damage?

3. DIDM

DIDM Honk Honk

Lawful activities? Please do explain how vandalism and assault are legal activities

4. The ScorpioN

The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!"

To quote a brilliant mayor from on of the jewels of America (Baltimore) - "give them space to destroy".

5. DIDM

DIDM Honk Honk

Except when the space is where you live

6. The ScorpioN

The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!"

If you're in their way, you're asking for it.
    [​IMG]

volodya likes this.
  7. method115

method115 Titanium Belt

Do you have a history with this guy or something? Every post in here is you twisting things and just outright hating on the guy. Anything he says that you can't disprove you just outright don't believe because fuck him that's why.

I don't understand what other journalist covering Antifa has to do with anything. He's also covering them and because he went into the crowd to document it you almost seem to be saying he was asking for it. Plenty of journalist throw themselves into violent situations to get stories Andy isn't the first and he wont be the last. Also he didn't write a negative article about Antifa it was about a trans person claiming to be attacked.

Being honest about what? He was attacked. This clearly happened and it happened when he went to document Antifa. What is it you think he's doing here and do you have any substantial proof or is this theory simply being fueled by your utter hatred of this man?

Joe wasn't wrapping it up at 1:06 he talked and then Andy asked if he could talk about his next steps. I see you do several things like this about this podcast. Twisting little things here and there to try and make Andy look like a POS. Again I don't know if your purposely doing this or you just hate this man so much it's what you want to see. Joe clearly wraps it up 2 mins before where he says something a long the lines "really quick because I know you have go to.". Rogan normally does 3 hour interviews but you thought he wanted to wrap this up in 1 hour? He only does short interviews like that when people have to leave. So what is more likely to you. That Rogan was wrapping up this interview at 1 hour something he almost never does with any guest he's ever had on or that you imagined him wrapping it up because you want to see Andy as a POS?

Now we get to the crowd funding. This was actually one thing in your post I thought would make the guy look a little sleazy but after finishing listening to the podcast I realize you just hate this man to much.

1. The police chief came out and said that they are being handcuffed by the mayor.
    2. Andy brings up a story about trump supporters who were funneled out side of some event by the police and put into a situation where they were harmed. They city was sued and because of that lawsuit they changed their procedures.

Andy wants to sue them because money talks and BS walks. Portland loses money and they will be forced to make changes otherwise they go broke as more and more people will seek lawsuits if they are harmed by Antifa. Especially after the police chief outright says the mayor is handcuffing them. On top of all that people should be suing the city if the police chief can't do his job because of the mayor and people are getting hurt. Of course you don't believe any of this because why? Andy said it and he's a POS.

I don't know what your history is with this guy but you clearly watched\listened to this podcast with a huge bias.

GrandNewb and volodya like this.
  8. Whippy McGee

Whippy McGee Meme Master

Andy is an American. He is allowed to be there in Portland just as any person is. The attack is totally out of control, the police and city failed a U.S. Citizen. Is he an opportunist? Likely. Does it matter? Nope.

To only see two minor Democratic Party candidates condemn the attack reflects worse on the Democrats that Trump's position in Charlottesville. Trump condemned the racists and KKK specifically, the Democrats are not condemning the Antifa turds.

bowened, GrandNewb and volodya like this.
  9. Leagon

Leagon Silver Belt

Sorry, I explained far more in another thread. I forgot some people hadn't seen my other post.

I've been following Andy since he was a student journalist on his school paper, covering minor campus protests. Since then, I've watched him finally get the respect and exposure he deserves for his honest, unbiased coverage. I've watched him become recognized as a legitimate journalist and be given access to important publications.

I've also watched him become a manipulative, partisan provocateur. It's hard to explain to someone who is only newly following him. It's kind of like Ariel Helwani. I love Ariel, but every MMA fan knows Ariel likes drama. He asks questions to get reactions out of fighters, to get soundbites, to build stories. That's his schtick and everyone knows it and he's admitted to it.

Andy is similar. He started as an objective journalist, but he started to see that his confrontations with leftists got him far more views and clout. Eventually, he started provoking confrontations.

As Rogan said, not all Antifa members are violent. It's a small percentage. Andy has been covering the Portland chapter of Antifa for years. He knows them. They know him. He knows which members are the most violent. He knows they have warned him several times to stay away from them. He deliberately encroaches into protests because the videos where he gets abused or pushed or has shit thrown on him get the most buzz.

Which is why this:

is so important. Because there are plenty of journalists that are covering the far left and are WAY more inflammatory than Andy. Robby Soave, Jessie Singal, even Bari Weiss have all targeted the far left unapologetically, for far bigger publications. They've received death threats, been doxxed, etc. But they are journalists. Their job is to report the news, not make the news, so they don't throw themselves into the middle of violent protests and ask for money when they've been beaten.

There are opportunists in every industry. Real journalists are supposed to be invisible. But some journalists aren't that ethical and they realize that there is far more money to be made as a pundit, a personality, than an objective journalist.

Well, this shows how little you know about the situation. Andy has been covering Antifa for years. He has written many articles about them and documented them with many hours of footage. Some of his writing has been negative.

That doesn't in any way justify their attack, I just wanted to point out that there is far more going on than what's in the Rogan video.

Before he started his legal fund, my theory was that Andy has been throwing himself into violent confrontations on purpose, with the intent of getting attacked and publicizing it for profit. This is a common tactic that people in the entertainment industry often resort to, with Jussie Smollet being the latest example (though he had to try to frame his attack since he had no violent enemies, apparently).

Then he got attacked and started a fundraiser. Surprise surprise.

You're not thinking critically.

Do you think the interview was scheduled for an hour and nine minutes? You said yourself that Rogan normally does 2-3 hour interviews. So why was this so short? Because they had likely decided on an hour. It's fairly obvious that Joe was winding down, which is why Andy ASKS to talk about another subject rather than simply continuing the flow of conversation. He's not a POS for extending the convo, that's fine. It's just very transparent that he wanted to plug something. Which, again, is also fine. That's why people go on podcasts. But what did he plug? Did he plug the Quilette, a publication for which he is an editor? Did he plug any of his writings about Antifa or any video footage?

Andy is a journalist. He is not a random citizen. He was there with a duty to report. Danger is part of being in the line of duty, which, again, is why police tell journalists at these things to keep their distance. Every other journalist seems okay with this except for Andy. Find me another case of a legitimate journalist suing their mayor or police department for not protecting them during their duty. Go ahead, I'll wait.

The problem is that you seem to be believing everything you hear. Just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true. And just because it's true doesn't mean it isn't motivated. Consume media critically.

Here's a question: imagine that I'm right. Let's say Andy is a provocateur who has been throwing himself into increasingly violent scenarios for profit and recognition. Do you think he would come out and admit that? If not, what do you think he would do to accomplish his goal and how would it look any different from what has happened?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    volodya likes this.
  10. method115

method115 Titanium Belt

Ok well now I understand your posting a lot more. I don't think Andy would admit it if he was a provocateur but I also don't think it matters and after what the police chief just publicly stated I think it was important that it happened. They were literally directing traffic in one of their videos that's fucking dangerous. The police can't do anything about it because of the Mayor and now that has been exposed. The city might get some real change now and some real law and order because of this situation.

Another thing is what exactly did Andy do to be labeled a provocateur in this situation? Because if simply going to the rallies and taking pictures is all it takes than Antifa is the one who needs to be put in check not Andy. That's is not what I would call someone being a provocateur. I really don't care if Antifa threatened him and told him to stay away. He's a journalist, this is what he's chosen to focus on, and he was out there doing his job. It's a shame they hate him and don't like him but they don't have the right to tell him where to go or to stay away from them. If he was out there calling them pieces of shit or that he would rape their moms ok but that's not what happened.

11. Tommy Robinson

Tommy Robinson White Belt

Poor Andy, should have learned from the Chinese that Baizuo can be hostile to anyone not a part of their cult.

12. SammyJar88

SammyJar88 MAGA!!!

The professors and politicians behind this communist group are the real targets to go after if they keep this shit up. You bypass the low level street thugs whenever possible, and take the fight home to the leaders hiding in the background as they provoke violence they think think they can avoid. If they insist on pushing this country into violence they aren't going to escape unscathed.

volodya likes this.
  13. Leagon

Leagon Silver Belt

As Andy himself admits, in these situations, presence alone is provocation enough. He said that's what the MRA's did. They knew their protest would create conflict with Antifa. That was their goal because they don't like Antifa.

Andy did the same thing. Again, he's not the only journalist covering Antifa. But he knows they hate him and he knows that standing among them is a great way to get attacked. Why not stand on the side of the road? You telling me he's the only journalist with no zoom on his camera? When Esther Lin is photographing UFC fights, does she stand in the cage or outside of it? There are dozens, if not hundreds of officers at all these events. Why wasn't he standing near them? Was there anything about that specific group of Antifa members he was covering?

This is the issue. It's very easy to avoid Antifa violence. They didn't go to his house. They didn't stalk him on the streets. After years of warning, he went into their midst and got attacked. Is that surprising? Should I feel sorry? Antifa is awful, but anyone who willing goes to get their ass kicked by them is an idiot. And if they then try to profit off of that beating, they're a scam artist.

14. Hungry Joe

Hungry Joe Blue Belt

I am of the impression that all of these guys are just looking to go out in the streets and get in a fight. If there is another reason to show up at a street brawl I’d love to hear it.
    I am against racism, fascism , violence in the streets but I’m not showing up at one of these “ protests” because I know what happens.

volodya likes this.
  15. Hungry Joe

Hungry Joe Blue Belt

The best part of the interview was when Rogan said of the men’s rights lady” she must loooove dick” and then had to apologize for being “a comedian”.

volodya likes this.
  16. Happy Man

Happy Man Yellow Card Yellow Card

America has been betrayed. How are those words from an elected official.

Cuckery abounds

17. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

I haven't watched Joe Rogan's podcast regularly all year. I check them out whenever he's had good guests, so I've probably watched like 10 so far in 2019.

Is this one with Andy Ngo a good one?

18. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

CNN hates Trump.
    Antifa hates Trump.

Its that simple.
    Not bizarre in the slightest.
    Not surprising in the slightest.

Morning Star likes this.
  19. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt Double Yellow Card

Naw brah. I live in a conceal carry state, and like you I was taught to shoot by a professional military force.

There is no such thing as a no go zone for me.

volodya and jamel like this.
  20. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt Double Yellow Card

Ehhhh.

If the topic interests you, it is worth watching.

Some interesting info in it.

I didn't know that Ngo was openly gay for one.

I wish there was some discussion on the validity of that argument of Antifa that it all needs to be torn down, and whether that is really crazy. That seemed to be Ngo's biggest criticism of Antifa other than the violence, that they believe the whole system has to go.

I tend to agree with that. I have serious Anarcho sympathies as many may have guessed.