Social Andy Ngo on the Joe Rogan Podcast

1. He's a right winger
2. Of course that doesn't justify beating him up
3. People are going to fight for freedom of the pres while ignoring this attack because this isn't a freedom of the press issue
4. It's completely impossible for "the left" to "get [its] house in order on these social issues" because (a) you can't possibly ensure that, in a group of 100 million people, no one misbehaves; and (b) no matter what, the right will find something to disingenuously wave their arms about like they have at all times in history.
He may be on the right but he's not some Milo which is what many have painted him as. He's a gay immigrant journalist. And ofc I'm not saying that 100 million people need to act like perfect angels. I'm not really even talking about behavior here. I'm talking about the left pushing absolute insanity on social issues that is alienating tens of millions of people from embracing progressive economic policy.

Its really bizarre the way CNN and other far left news outlets ran to the defense of antifa. Supporting this group of angry incels isn't going to help your cause.
CNN is owned by a multi multi billion dollar corporation that lobbies for tax cuts and pro corporate policy. You severely need to educate yourself and update your perspective if you legitimately think a global multi billion dollar corporation is "far left". They are neo liberal / corporate center-left at best and corporate center-right at worst.

I would have sympathy for Ngo if it wasn't obvious he wanted this to happen when he walked over to taunt a group of masked, crazed vigilantes. He was looking for media attention and a potential big pay day. Mission accomplished, Andy.
He was asking for it.

He may be on the right but he's not some Milo which is what many have painted him as. He's a gay immigrant journalist.

What does him being gay or an immigrant have to do with anything? Ironically, Milo, the far Right's biggest and most shameless provocateur, is also a gay immigrant, lol.

People will hear what they want to hear, I guess. In the first few minutes, I thought Joe asked great questions thatnrevealed Andy to be a partisan sensationalist. His answers were bad.

"You had a brain hemorrhage??" Joe's disbelief made perfect sense. Fighters get KO'd by Ngannou and don't suffer brain hemorrhaging, but Andy eats two straights from some Antifa nerd and his skull is rocked so hard that his brain actually bleeds?

"Give us some context." Then Andy explains that Antifa is a group that protests "fascism" but often devolves into riots and violence. "Well what were they doing there? Just protesting facism?" Oh well actually there was a far right group there to defend Portland and Antifa was protesting them. "Defend Portland from what?" Well, you see Joe, Portland is very liberal. This far right group is never violent, just wanted to say that. "Uh...okay."

"Why were they targeting you, though?" A great question, Joe. You see, they've been harassing me for a while and the police have advised journalists to report at a safe distance to avoid clashes. That's why they're targeting me.

None of his answers made any sense. Maybe his brain is still bleeding from those brutal Antifa uppercuts.

I love the Quilette and what the IDW is doing and I'm so, so glad that the far Left is being exposed for it's violent intolerance, but it's a shame that Ngo is becoming the face of this. This happens with so many movements--lots of good people work hard and create real change, then the sociopaths who crave attention position themselves to receive it.

What does him being gay or an immigrant have to do with anything? Ironically, Milo, the far Right's biggest and most shameless provocateur, is also a gay immigrant, lol.

People will hear what they want to hear, I guess. In the first few minutes, I thought Joe asked great questions thatnrevealed Andy to be a partisan sensationalist. His answers were bad.

"You had a brain hemorrhage??" Joe's disbelief made perfect sense. Fighters get KO'd by Ngannou and don't suffer brain hemorrhaging, but Andy eats two straights from some Antifa nerd and his skull is rocked so hard that his brain actually bleeds?

"Give us some context." Then Andy explains that Antifa is a group that protests "fascism" but often devolves into riots and violence. "Well what were they doing there? Just protesting facism?" Oh well actually there was a far right group there to defend Portland and Antifa was protesting them. "Defend Portland from what?" Well, you see Joe, Portland is very liberal. This far right group is never violent, just wanted to say that. "Uh...okay."

"Why were they targeting you, though?" A great question, Joe. You see, they've been harassing me for a while and the police have advised journalists to report at a safe distance to avoid clashes. That's why they're targeting me.

None of his answers made any sense. Maybe his brain is still bleeding from those brutal Antifa uppercuts.

I love the Quilette and what the IDW is doing and I'm so, so glad that the far Left is being exposed for it's violent intolerance, but it's a shame that Ngo is becoming the face of this. This happens with so many movements--lots of good people work hard and create real change, then the sociopaths who crave attention position themselves to receive it.
Okay, but didn't Andy double down and say "yes indeed the brain scans showed bleeding"?? How is that a moment of him being revealed? Look I am on neither team here. I don't particularly know or care who this guy is and I fucking hate antifa and the the far "social" left. But I'm just trying to come to solid determinations about this whole thing.

I just started the podcast and some of what you said is absolutely not true at all. I don't know if you did that on purpose or not.

1. He said there was a proud boys group doing a flag waving things where they wave the american flag. There was another group MRA protesting something but I forget what. He never said the far right group was never violent he said there was no violence on their end on that day.

2. He said they were targeting him because of an article he wrote about a Trans person being attacked. The police report claimed the person was drunk and looked like she fell. That there were no signs of her being beaten by a bat. She also raised 10,000 on twitter because of that attack. He wasn't able to verify the other 14 attacks that were claimed online because none of them reported it to the police.

3. I haven't seen if he was able to prove the brain bleeding stuff yet but I'm not that far into the podcast yet.

He was asking for it.

We all know it would be an enormously different situation if, for example, Ngo had been jumped and beaten leaving his office one night by members of Antifa. As it is, what happened to him was criminal. But it was entirely avoidable. The honest observer knows it was exactly what Andy wanted. So, yeah, he was indeed "asking for it" in the technical sense of the phrase.

Okay, but didn't Andy double down and say "yes indeed the brain scans showed bleeding"?? How is that a moment of him being revealed? Look I am on neither team here. I don't particularly know or care who this guy is and I fucking hate antifa and the the far "social" left. But I'm just trying to come to solid determinations about this whole thing.

He did, yeah. I haven't watched the whole interview yet, so maybe he brought the brain scans and showed them, but I suspect he didn't. I mean, who's going to check? Is it even legal to access his medical records?

Again, he may be telling the truth, but as fight fans, we should all be skeptical. And lying about unverifiable things is soooo much more common than people realize.

I just started the podcast and some of what you said is absolutely not true at all. I don't know if you did that on purpose or not.

1. He said there was a proud boys group doing a flag waving things where they wave the american flag. There was another group MRA protesting something but I forget what. He never said the far right group was never violent he said there was no violence on their end on that day.

This doesn't disagree with what I said. He mentioned that the Proud Boys event was completely peaceful. Then the MRA's anti Antifa event. Rogan is rightly confused. Wtf is a "flag waving" event? Why would anyone have a flag waving event?

Andy is right to go back and give the larger context because none of that makes any sense on its own because Andy is leaving out details. The flag waving event was held specifically to bait and aggravate Antifa because the two groups have a history of violence. The Proud Boys could have LARPing in the park and Antifa would show up. If Andy had said that, it woulda cleared it up, but he just says, "a bunch of people wanted to wave the flag and antifa got pissed." Hence, Joe's confusion.

2. He said they were targeting him because of an article he wrote about a Trans person being attacked. The police report claimed the person was drunk and looked like she fell. That there were no signs of her being beaten by a bat. She also raised 10,000 on twitter because of that attack. He wasn't able to verify the other 14 attacks that were claimed online because none of them reported it to the police.

That's a very self serving explanation. It only makes sense if you believe Andy is the good guy. He's not. Antifa is far worse, but Andy isn't blameless. He's not the only journalist in the world, nor the only one against Antifa. Look on Youtube. There are plenty of videojournalists covering antifa. Andy is just the only one who likes to throw himself into violent situations then monitize his victimhood.

Notice that Joe again asks him why they were targeting him. Partially as a segue to doxxing, but also because writing articles against a group isn't enough. People write negative articles about al Qaeda and North Korea and they're fine, but Antifa's power is just so unavoidable?

Last edited:
The best bit is Rogan all confused about the guy getting a hemorrhage from being struck to the head multiple times. It was like Rogan actually has no empathy and just is pretending but makes a total cunt of it.

Really weird.

The best bit is Rogan all confused about the guy getting a hemorrhage from being struck to the head multiple times. It was like Rogan actually has no empathy and just is pretending but makes a total cunt of it.

Really weird.

It's not weird.

It's because Joe has been watching and participating in combat sports his entire life and brain hemorrhaging is rather uncommon, especially from the low impact shots in the footage of the attack. As you can imagine, our brain is pretty important and our body is good at protecting it from bleeding.

It's not weird.

It's because Joe has been watching and participating in combat sports his entire life and brain hemorrhaging is rather uncommon, especially from the low impact shots in the footage of the attack. As you can imagine, our brain is pretty important and our body is good at protecting it from bleeding.

Yeah you're right. hemorrhage is totally the wrong word, I was more just thinking concussed as opposed to Brain bleeding when i was watching the clip. Yeah you're right changed my mind.

These people are the worst of the left. They are very similar to the gun nuts on the right hoping for a civil war and stockpiling weapons for it, these shitheads think they're fighting the "machine" by attacking people on the street.

It's all pathetic. If you change things with fear, you're only having things your way until someone with more force comes along. Real change has to come from within us by reason and logic, by conversations.
Agreed

He did, yeah. I haven't watched the whole interview yet, so maybe he brought the brain scans and showed them, but I suspect he didn't. I mean, who's going to check? Is it even legal to access his medical records?

Again, he may be telling the truth, but as fight fans, we should all be skeptical. And lying about unverifiable things is soooo much more common than people realize.
The punishment for a beating isn’t based on damage done it’s based on intent.

It's not weird.

Yeah but Mr. Ngo is not a combat athlete, nor is he built like one.

The punishment for a beating isn’t based on damage done it’s based on intent.

Actually, that's not true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggshell_skull

Joe was amped up and seemed to actually get angry, but they should have started earlier, an hour 19 wasn’t enough. Antifa needs to be exposed as the terrorist organization that they are, the actual fascists

Joe was amped up and seemed to actually get angry, but they should have started earlier, an hour 19 wasn’t enough. Antifa needs to be exposed as the terrorist organization that they are, the actual fascists
Just make sure you're not asking for it while you're filming their lawful activities.

Lol, I just finished it. How can people still think he's being honest?

Around an hour in, Joe was about to wrap it up, but Andy asks if he can discuss what his next steps are and what he's going to do. Joe says sure.

What's does Andy talk about?

Finding the culprits and getting them prosecuted?
Getting back to covering Antifa and showing them he isn't scared?
Continuing to cover Antifa but keeping a safe distance?
Changing his beat to cover the corrupt mayor's office?
Using his voice and connections to start a political movement to make sure the major doesn't get reelected?
Doing an investigation of the police department and compiling anonymous reports of police officers expressing frustration with their inability to act against Antifa?
An investigative deep dive that exposes Antifa members?
Anything journalism related at all??

Nope.

He says a lot of people have asked how they can help and that there's this cool thing called crowdfunding, so they can donate to his legal fund to sue the city for money.

Come. On.

You can hate Antifa, as we all should, while acknowledging that Andy is an opportunist and drama queen.

Last edited:
Sorry for not quoting each and every one of you, but that post got lit up.

Look I understand what is suppose to happen.

I get that we should be free to move unmolested thru life. Hell, it's one of the ideals I thought I served for, but the fact is it aint reality.

"Don't go over there messing with them folks."

I'm more than sure I am not the only one that heard that growing up.

The point that I want to get at is, why are we playing like that rule didn't apply to him and had he followed that rule he'd been alright?

Sorry for the poor examples, like the China one.

But yall know there are NO-GO Zone's in this country, and unless yall are talking about changing alllllllll that shit then I don't see you being all that damn genuine in your stance.

The stance is FUCK A NO-GO ZONE.

Dig?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back