andy lee vs peter quillin april 11th undercard on NBC

I like the guy.
Miranda v Pavlik would have been stopped early if it weren't for him.

I think Smoger gets too much credit for not doing his job. His actions in Murat vs Hopkins were unacceptable too and I think he should have been suspended.

Why? The alphabelts don't make the fight - the fighters do. That any regular follower of boxing takes the alphabelts that seriously is odd. "If only a self appointed governing body's trinkets were on the line - then this fight would be so much better. Without them the issue of who is better or whose style wins out cannot be answered."

The fact that Quillin/Lee can be billed as a "world title" fight shows how silly taking them seriously is. Especially when everyone on here knows that Cotto is the only real middleweight champion.

If danny can't make the weight anymore for 140, then he needs to give up the belts. If the loser of the fight still gets to defend his titles the next fight, that's a joke.

If danny can't make the weight anymore for 140, then he needs to give up the belts. If the loser of the fight still gets to defend his titles the next fight, that's a joke.

That doesn't answer my question. Why are the alphabelts that important to you that them not being on the line makes it less of an event? Surely top fighters facing each other is more important than some self appointed sanctioning body's belt?

The alphabelts are a joke. Fuck knows why so many hardcore fans still get their knickers in a twist over them.

I think Smoger gets too much credit for not doing his job. His actions in Murat vs Hopkins were unacceptable too and I think he should have been suspended.

Haven't seen that fight.
But I remember reading the round by round and you saying something like Smoger is making you want to 'clap guns'.

box_smoger_murat_d1_576x324.jpg

er, no. The real MW champion is the guy who beats the real MW champion. Sergio did that by beating Pavlik and Cotto did that by beating Sergio.

so if we follow this lineal thing to a T , then Roy jones was never a LHW champion at any point of his career ?

if Cotto isn't planning on fighting at 160 or defending his title against any relevant MW, then i see no problem with proclaiming GGG as the man at 160.

so if we follow this lineal thing to a T , then Roy jones was never a LHW champion at any point of his career ?

if Cotto isn't planning on fighting at 160 or defending his title against any relevant MW, then i see no problem with proclaiming GGG as the man at 160.

Until Cotto makes that decision, he's the MW champ.

So, Quillin ducks Korobov, loses his belt and gets to fight for it again against the underdog that got lucky against Korobov?

Just saying...

Also, I like Andy Lee, and I hope he puts a real beating on Quillin.

Back