Andy Lee vs Brian Vera plus Aaron Pryor JR on ESPN2 Tonight

Next weeks FNF looks pretty decent too.

Yeah, Ouma-Bundrage should be good. This was the first FNF main event I got to see in a while and I'm really glad I was able to tune in.

I've got no problem with the stoppage. Lee was taking a ton of right hands and a couple of times he almost went down.Any way it's been a great couple of months for boxing, a lot of entertaning upsets with Quintana over Williams, Cambpell over Juan diaz and now Vera over Lee. Great Shit.

what a bullshit fight!!!

Thinking the stoppage was bad is one thing but the fight was pretty damn great.

back and fourth toe to toe, reminded me of a Bobby Chacon type fight.

Thinking the stoppage was bad is one thing but the fight was pretty damn great.

back and fourth toe to toe, reminded me of a Bobby Chacon type fight.

I agree, the fight was good even if the stoppage may have been premature.

I started out goin for Lee and ended up rooting for Vera after the 4th. Not the most beautiful fight, technically speaking but this fucker will get some airtime in the future on ESPN Classic. AWESOME action!

Vera did what he could and it was not enough. But seeing his obvious flaws, and having a KO win over an undefeated prostpect, he just sealed his fate for getting a couple nice paydays serving as cannon fodder for guys like Sergio Mora, John Duddy, etc....

Wow Andy Lee is so raw.

Deep down I knew this could be potentially bad because Vera is no slouch. Hes a tough experienced guy for a young fighter like Lee.

It was a good stoppage, Lee could barely stand.

There have been two fights in boxing this month that I would put up against any fight in the history of MMA.

Thank god for boxing

Pacman/Marquez is better than the best MMA has to offer. And its not even close.

Man that was a hell of a fight.

Tonight all 3 of the prospects looked average imo, but we got two very good fights as a result.

i didnt think the fight was great at all. but i still think it was a bs stoppage for a kinda entertaining fight. if he was gonna stop it, he shouldve done it when lee wasnt defending or fighting back. he was close to doing so then just backed off and then lee gained some composure

i was thinking "oh good thing he didnt stop it because lee is still game". and then a second later he has one of the more awkward stoppages in a while

Aw, sounds like an Andy Lee fan. Its alright pal, you still have another overhyped, pale and skill-less face blocker to root for in John Duddy. You'll be ok.

because i like it
ejewky.gif

why do i have a feeling this dude isnt pale

I was there and tonight was a great night but for the stoppage. Brian Macy on the undercard was impressive, Pryor was very lackluster I really thought he lost the fight. Remillard looked good against a guy who appeared to be the epitome of a journeyman. The place almost rioted, seriously almost broke out in a riot after the stoppage, Lee was getting beat but had not even looked like he was going to go down. He was facing my side of the arena at the time and did not look like a guy who was in any kind of danger.

What do you think of Pryor Jr? I know he's (JR.) not accomplished boxer, but how does a 5'6'' Aaron Pryor produce a 6'4'' son? It was kinda interesting to see the height difference in that match and different strategies. Also, I thought Andy Lee vs Vera was very entertaining! What do you guys think of Teddy Atlas? It's one of my favorite parts when he goes over the ring strategies before the match.

I think that Pryor looked pretty good but couldnt stick to his gameplan/what should have been the gameplan. You have to keep a brawler at the end of your job and he didnt do that but I suppose he did enough to win. If the fight was judged on technique he looked great by comparison.

I just caught the replay of it.

Lee fought down to his opponent, and payed for it in the end.

It was also interesting to see how Lee has no clue how to tie up, because he's never been in any sort of danger before.

I think it was a quick stoppage, but Lee surely didn't look in good shape after that hard thump he took.

Back