Elections Andrew Yang on Ben Shapiro “It’s not left or right. It’s forward.”

To me Yang seems like a guy that would appeal to the enlightened centrist Joe Rogan's of the world. I don't think he'll inspire left wingers and democrats enough to get out and vote for him and I don't think enough right wingers would actually drop Trump to cross the aisle and vote for him.

What third party candidatures like this do is force the main parties to address the issues they are pressing so that the main candidates in this candidates likely the Dems don't lose to many votes to them. Typically those changes are in the election after the one the third party is in

Even if you believe Yang is a commie leftist or an alt right sympathizer, being able to have a discussion is important.
Is anybody else talking about the effect automation will have on the economy? Maybe Buttiegeg a little...
Bernie, too, but not as thoroughly as Yang. I hope Yang gets a position in Sanders' cabinet, I like him a lot.

Yes with a bigger pile of bullshit.

$12,000 is not going to help anyone be liberated and less stressed if they just lost their profession, that wont even cover rent in most places, not even half of it in most developed areas.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

12k a year isn't something anyone can live on comfortably. That is true. However if I lost my job it's nice knowing that I have the option to simply get a shit job near minimum wage and I would be fine.

12k a year isn't something anyone can live on comfortably. That is true. However if I lost my job it's nice knowing that I have the option to simply get a shit job near minimum wage and I would be fine.

Or work part time, or take the type of work you like, or a pro bono or contingency case that will take years to collect on

Yang is the master of surface plausibility lol

I still remember "yes we can" sorry if I don't fall for another catchy slogan

He seems pretty naive with this notion that people would all be writing poetry and frolicking in fields if they got paid to not work. We have people on welfare and disability and there's not a lot of art and poetry/passion projects coming from those groups. Idle hands are the devil's playground, so I'd prefer fighting automation for as long as possible to leaving people with no sense of purpose and a culture of government dependence.
Do you want to fight progress?
Automation is good, you do not want people doing something that machines can do faster and cheaper. You do want to get these people other jobs or give them some money so they don't starve.

Do you want to fight progress?
Automation is good, you do not want people doing something that machines can do faster and cheaper. You do want to get these people other jobs or give them some money so they don't starve.
I don't consider raising unemployment levels "progress". We'll have wait and see what kinds of other jobs are available as machines do more labor before deciding "well that's it, everybody's going to be unemployed so let's start writing checks". And no, I don't want to just "give them some money" because I think a society full of people with no responsibility and 100% free time sounds like a nightmare as we watch all of society ravaged like the welfare community has been.

Its not left or right, its forward....to the left.

Where are going to be "fine" on under 30k a year? You would have to be living in an under developed area for that as the $12,000 wont even pay for rent which means your minimum wage job would have to cover everything else.

This Yang guy is seriously gonna raise over 3 trillion (4 trillion if under 18s included) every year?

That's literally double the total income tax revenue

How can anyone take this type of idea remotely seriously? I'd sooner belive every word out of Trump's mouth than UBI being a realistic accomplishment.

@Cash Bill 52 can you defend this?

https://www.irs.gov/statistics/soi-tax-stats-irs-data-book

Total federal money collected 2017, both income and corporate, 3.4 trillion

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045217
Total adult population - 327,167,434 x .774 = 253mil

253 mil x $12,000 = 3.04 trillion

Does Yang (and his supporters) not have a calculator on his smartphone? Or do you think he'll honestly DOUBLE the total federal incomes and take in an extra 3 TRILLION each year?

Last edited:
Workforce participation has averaged less than it is now since 1950.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/labor-force-participation-rate

He can claim that all he wants, but it isn't true. Automation has displaced a decent number of jobs but made different jobs in their place, whereas illegal immigration has filled a higher number of existing jobs for lower pay. Of he's telling you what he wants you to believe because he's selling something. Is he going to cap the number of kids people can have or is it just going to be 12k/year plus benefits for unlimited people?

I can't speak for other states but I know here illegals take up a ton of jobs when it comes to home construction and landscaping. Sometimes I wonder what would happen to both of those industries if all the illegals were run out. I'm not sure we would have enough people to fill them. The good thing was when they were building homes across from me I got that taco truck every Saturday morning, it was great.

TS, He needs to ditch 'Freedom Dividend' just call it a Dividend, not even UBI. Americans should get a dividend when times are good and not get it when times are bad. If we incorporate the dividend based off 'profit' of the U.S. I think we'd get more traction on getting out of debt, spending less, and a lot of people would become libertarians. LOL.

This Yang guy is seriously gonna raise over 3 trillion (4 trillion if under 18s included) every year?

That's literally double the total income tax revenue

That basically seems to be the anti conservatives goal. Tax the fuck out of everything.

I listened to the interview and really like that Ben questioned him without debating him much. I wanted to start a thread asking for feedback on him. He came across really well. Heard just a little about him until this and maybe saw a short interview. Wonder what my Dem buds think of this guy. @Fawlty @Jack V Savage also curious of a conservative take. Anybody else liked the guy? I didnt agree with everything he said but really impressed with the interview overall.

That basically seems to be the anti conservatives goal. Tax the fuck out of everything.
I did like the guy tho. Agree that some of his stuff is too much.

TS, He needs to ditch 'Freedom Dividend' just call it a Dividend, not even UBI. Americans should get a dividend when times are good and not get it when times are bad. If we incorporate the dividend based off 'profit' of the U.S. I think we'd get more traction on getting out of debt, spending less, and a lot of people would become libertarians. LOL.
Like this post.

I listened to the interview and really like that Ben questioned him without debating him much. I wanted to start a thread asking for feedback on him. He came across really well. Heard just a little about him until this and maybe saw a short interview. Wonder what my Dem buds think of this guy. @Fawlty @Jack V Savage also curious of a conservative take. Anybody else liked the guy? I didnt agree with everything he said but really impressed with the interview overall.

Can't sit through the whole interview or anything. The little bit I heard, he sounded good. I don't generally know a lot about him, but he seems good.

Back