Elections Andrew Yang on Ben Shapiro “It’s not left or right. It’s forward.”

Automation maintenance will alleviate some of the lost jobs. The most prudent action is to create new markets I think, not give free money. Learn to code or something like that.

Its gonna be rough no matter, mass displacement leading to civil unrest at a minimum. It could also lead to a golden age of prosperity as well since robots can work 24/7. $1000 is nothing when a full tank of gas goes for $100 and filling the family fridge for the week costs $300. A $2500 monthly from the government would be sufficient to figure out ones future endeavours.

So many consequences, many unforeseen at the moment. Deeper levels of dependency on the government has never been and will never be a good thing.

Two people talking about the challenges that The United States faces...And, offering solutions.

If Andrew wins, he will be called the podcast president. Joe Rogan, The Breakfast Club, Sam Harris, and now Ben Shapiro. I think the sit down discussion (podcasts) should take a more prominent role in elections. I don’t see Yang getting his message out so boldly in his 30 thirty seconds of airtime in the upcoming debates.

Yes, I am a volunteer for the Yang campaign.

People from wide ranging political perspectives are listening to Yang. Why?

“It’s not right or left. It’s forward.” - Andrew Yang

I think it’s a pretty catchy campaign slogan. :)

Video...

https://www.yang2020.com/policies/

You're aware that Andrew Yang has focus grouped nearly everything he says, correct?

All he's doing is using very carefully chosen language in order to manipulate his audience.

You're aware that Andrew Yang has focus grouped nearly everything he says, correct?

All he's doing is using very carefully chosen language in order to manipulate his audience.

He admits and jokes about using focus groups. He told me that he wanted to call his version of Ubi “the prosperity dividend” but freedom dividend polled better. Politics is a game, right? Shouldn’t you try to win?

Workforce participation has averaged less than it is now since 1950.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/labor-force-participation-rate

He can claim that all he wants, but it isn't true. Automation has displaced a decent number of jobs but made different jobs in their place, whereas illegal immigration has filled a higher number of existing jobs for lower pay. Of he's telling you what he wants you to believe because he's selling something. Is he going to cap the number of kids people can have or is it just going to be 12k/year plus benefits for unlimited people?

Is there a good source that I could study claiming illegal immigrants rather than automation are taking jobs? I’m serious. I am open to understanding your point of view.

No kid capping that I know of. 12k per year for every citizen 18 and older. Or, keep your current government assistance. That’s yang’s plan.

He admits and jokes about using focus groups. He told me that he wanted to call his version of Ubi “the prosperity dividend” but freedom dividend polled better. Politics is a game, right? Shouldn’t you try to win?

Yes with a bigger pile of bullshit.

$12,000 is not going to help anyone be liberated and less stressed if they just lost their profession, that wont even cover rent in most places, not even half of it in most developed areas.

And in that video he goes on to talk about how the last mass loss of manufacturing jobs saw most of those people go on social security disability, cause a drug epidemic with many of them committing suicide, talks about how its not healthy for people to have to depend on the government and to alleviate that...government UBI so they are liberated.

Leftism. Blame the government and propose more government to fix it.

Your last paragraph...The problem with current welfare programs is the work disincentive.

So tell me, Mr. Sowell... If the theory of the welfare "work disincentive" is true, why don't we see everyone who makes their first million dollars drop out of the economy, kick back and just chill by the pool for the remainder of their lives?

So tell me, Mr. Sowell... If the theory of the welfare "work disincentive" is true, why don't we see everyone who makes their first million dollars drop out of the economy, kick back and just chill by the pool for the remainder of their lives?

the work disincentive in welfare..
You receive 1,000 in welfare a month
Get a job for $1,000 per month and welfare goes away.
Ubi=1,000 + 1,000 from work= 2,000
Why would you try to get a job if you lose your welfare?
Maybe I’m missing your point?

Ok, deep breath... (from me)

A ubi is just to create a soft landing. People will still need to find work.

Human centered capitalism ( a bs proposal in your mind, I’m guessing) would address the problems of opiate abuse and suicide. Measuring an economy by gdp is outdated. Life expectancy went down in the US three years in a row. We need new metrics to determine a healthy economy.

Yes with a bigger pile of bullshit.

$12,000 is not going to help anyone be liberated and less stressed if they just lost their profession, that wont even cover rent in most places, not even half of it in most developed areas.

And in that video he goes on to talk about how the last mass loss of manufacturing jobs saw most of those people go on social security disability, cause a drug epidemic with many of them committing suicide, talks about how its not healthy for people to have to depend on the government and to alleviate that...government UBI so they are liberated.

Leftism. Blame the government and propose more government to fix it.

Why would you try to get a job if you lose your welfare?

Because you want to enjoy a standard of living that is higher than the one welfare provides.

So for the same reason everyone doesn't just keep the same job they had over summers during high school.

"Hey, what is my incentive to take out a 75K college loan and pull all nighters for four years when I can make $12 an hour ringing up food here at Homer's Hot Dog stand??"

Because you want to enjoy a standard of living that is higher than the one welfare provides.

So for the same reason everyone doesn't just keep the same job they had over summers during high school.

"Hey, what is my incentive to take out a 75K college loan and pull all nighters for four years when I can make $12 an hour ringing up food here at Homer's Hot Dog stand??"

I think that people do want to increase their standard of living. I agree. I think it would be easier with a ubi compared to current welfare programs.

A ubi is just to create a soft landing. People will still need to find work.

Human centered capitalism ( a bs proposal in your mind, I’m guessing) would address the problems of opiate abuse and suicide. Measuring an economy by gdp is outdated. Life expectancy went down in the US three years in a row. We need new metrics to determine a healthy economy.

Again, $12,000 will NOT create a soft landing for people who just lost their profession AND he even states himself that those jobs will not only disappear but new jobs will not replace them...thus, how are they going to just find a new job.

And yes, human centered capitalism is a BS proposal, it doesnt even make any sense unless you are talking about making people a commodity which is pure insanity. Kind of like where he mentions his wife working harder than him and that society deems that work to have to no value and it that should be changed.

And he says that all without actually giving any detail leaving a major question...who the fuck is going to pay his wife for her work as a mother? Yeah, get the actual fuck out of here with his insanity.

Deeper levels of dependency on the government has never been and will never be a good thing.

The capitalist system itself is entirely dependent on the government. You might as well say Jeff Bezos is dependent on the government. "Dependency" is a red herring. The government is nothing but the creator and enforcer of the rules of the game. And we need to change the rules of the game.

Two people talking about the challenges that The United States faces...And, offering solutions.

If Andrew wins, he will be called the podcast president. Joe Rogan, The Breakfast Club, Sam Harris, and now Ben Shapiro. I think the sit down discussion (podcasts) should take a more prominent role in elections. I don’t see Yang getting his message out so boldly in his 30 thirty seconds of airtime in the upcoming debates.

Yes, I am a volunteer for the Yang campaign.

People from wide ranging political perspectives are listening to Yang. Why?

“It’s not right or left. It’s forward.” - Andrew Yang

I think it’s a pretty catchy campaign slogan. :)

Video...

https://www.yang2020.com/policies/

I always said if I ever had a chance to vote for an Asian candidate I would so I will

I have a real problem with Shapiro was saying about moving. An American and this is part of MAGA should be able to be born and die in the same town if he wants. It should not be a requirement that you move just to survive.

I also liked what Yang said about amazon and taxes

The capitalist system itself is entirely dependent on the government. You might as well say Jeff Bezos is dependent on the government. "Dependency" is a red herring. The government is nothing but the creator and enforcer of the rules of the game. And we need to change the rules of the game.

I think its the best system ever for allowing anybody to indulge in a deeper freedom illusion by acquiring material wealth. Also I never said anybody is truly independent. You dont think UBI will create an increased dependency on the government? I agree that it would be nice if better rules or a brand new game could begin. As is is pretty good historically speaking though.

To me Yang seems like a guy that would appeal to the enlightened centrist Joe Rogan's of the world. I don't think he'll inspire left wingers and democrats enough to get out and vote for him and I don't think enough right wingers would actually drop Trump to cross the aisle and vote for him.

Back