Elections Andrew Yang is a dirty weasel

Saying "both sides" do it does not imply that "both sides are unequivocally equal".

Don't use Jack Savage's favorite bullshit strawman that "both sides" automatically implies 100% equal.

The fact remains that there are plenty of Democrats who shill for Israel, and effectual foreign policy towards Israel generally transcends which political party is holding office.

That's not the argument.

The argument is that, if a person actually cares about this issue and isn't just harping in bad faith, they wouldn't vote for the party/politicians that are absolutely and unanimously worse on the issue than everyone else. It's like bitching about corrupt tax cuts: sure, a few Democrats might lobby for tax cuts for their pet industries or might want tax levels that are insufficiently progressive to you and I, but corrupt tax cuts are the entirety of the Republican economic platform. So if you're voting for the Republican Party you clearly don't give a shit about that issue. And your "both sides" is dishonest to the max.

I don't think Yang gives a shit about this issue to be honest. He is simply trying to get elected and support of Israel is required in a place like NYC. He literally says that at the end of the interview. I don't know how people are missing that. He basically comes out and says I'm just doing this to get elected by saying the jewish and NYC are closely linked

as soon as someone doesn't parrot all the lefty talking points he/she is a grifter...

Obviously I am sympathetic to BDS and Yang calling them fascists is disappointing.

That said, In his defense I don't think its something he's passionate about and often politicians like him have one or a few issues they really feel like they can make a difference on and on the rest they fall in line. In his case I don't think he wants to burn bridges with Zionist Democrats in case some of those Zionist Democrats, who are more likely to be among the older party establishment, can help him achieve the policy objectives he's passionate about. As a young up and coming politicians you don't want to start battles with the establishment on all fronts, long term that's a losing strategy.

Yeah, but he felt enough about the topic to write an op ed on it.
He's either straight pandering, or he does have some feels about the topic. Yang's answer on this made me see him in a very different light. It's not just his wrong stance on the issue, but that he was unable to defend his position, and/or is unwilling to look at the matter with more thought and care. Krystal and Kyle were asking him about this in just about the nicest way possible and he answered as if a terrorist was holding his family hostage and would execute them if he answered wrong.

This was an easy topic to either stay out of, or give a neutral answer that wouldn't draw much attention from either side, and he couldn't do that. Kyle even gave him a softball at the end to just get him to admit that "hey, we can't define groups by the worst of the bunch, right?", and Yang just mumbled more nonsense while looking constipated.

Yeah, but he felt enough about the topic to write an op ed on it.
He's either straight pandering, or he does have some feels about the topic. Yang's answer on this made me see him in a very different light. It's not just his wrong stance on the issue, but that he was unable to defend his position, and/or is unwilling to look at the matter with more thought and care. Krystal and Kyle were asking him about this in just about the nicest way possible and he answered as if a terrorist was holding his family hostage and would execute them if he answered wrong.

This was an easy topic to either stay out of, or give a neutral answer that wouldn't draw much attention from either side, and he couldn't do that. Kyle even gave him a softball at the end to just get him to admit that "hey, we can't define groups by the worst of the bunch, right?", and Yang just mumbled more nonsense while looking constipated.
The dude is straight pandering, doubt he knows much at all about the conflict. He's a Silicon Valley technocrat type, doubt he has much knowledge or experience with foreign policy in general much less this Gordian knot.

Saying "both sides" do it does not imply that "both sides are unequivocally equal".

Don't use Jack Savage's favorite bullshit strawman that "both sides" automatically implies 100% equal.

The fact remains that there are plenty of Democrats who shill for Israel, and effectual foreign policy towards Israel generally transcends which political party is holding office.
No it doesn't, one simply needs to look at the last two presidents to see that. Obama toned down the shilling for Israel and tried to make overtures to Iran and was relentlessly criticized by the GOP for it to the extent that they invited Bibi to shit talk Obama before Congress. Meanwhile Trump tore up the Iran deal and validated the Israeli occupation by moving the embassy to Jerusalem.

It’s a crowded field
I wouldn't even call him an "Islamophobe" necessarily, he's just an anti-left reactionary so that's why he's here coming out against BDS.

I wouldn't even call him an "Islamophobe" necessarily, he's just an anti-left reactionary so that's why he's here coming out against BDS.
Dude is an Islamophobe, I’ve had enough interactions with him to say that confidently.

if your promise to give away money on a monthly basis, does not get you elected

this isnt the profession for you

Its because NYC has a historic Jewish community that is particularly influential within the Democratic party. Plus Yang clearly has ambitions beyond mayor of NYC so he doesn't want to alienate potential allies in the party so early in his career.

Yikes, pretty gross post here. Thought you might be a bit better than that but guess not. So much for "people are more than their religion"
Seriously? This guy is a complete asshat who gloats about Islam taking over the world and you call my post gross? Lol. GTFO.

Seriously? This guy is a complete asshat who gloats about Islam taking over the world and you call my post gross? Lol. GTFO.
Pointing out that Islam is the fastest growing religion isn't gloating that Islam is taking over the world. Second, he didn't even mention that ITT. If we're going to hold posters to their worst comments you definitely have much more problematic ones in your post history(e.g. "invasive species").

Besides you have no room to talk given your nuthugging of Tommy Robinson. Somehow I bet mooeaev isn't a career criminal with a rap sheet that includes multiple assaults and cases of fraud.

Pointing out that Islam is the fastest growing religion isn't gloating that Islam is taking over the world. Second, he didn't even mention that ITT. If we're going to hold posters to their worst comments you definitely have much more problematic ones in your post history(e.g. "invasive species").

Besides you have no room to talk given your nuthugging of Tommy Robinson. Somehow I bet mooeaev isn't a career criminal with a rap sheet that includes multiple assaults and cases of fraud.
So pointing out that he's the he's the type of Muslim who'd take pleasure in Israel getting wiped out is irrelevant to the conversation? Get a grip.

As for the invasive species bit? I agreed to refrain from using a spot on analogy in an effort to be more civil with you. If that's going to be a one way street I'm going to go back to being a dick.

So pointing out that he's the he's the type of Muslim who'd take pleasure in Israel getting wiped out is irrelevant to the conversation? Get a grip.
What are you basing that on? Merely the fact that he's pointed out that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world? That seems like quite the reach there.
As for the invasive species bit? I agreed to refrain from using a spot on analogy in an effort to be more civil with you. If that's going to be a one way street I'm going to go back to being a dick.
I think you missed my point as you often do. You're holding him to account for a comment he made elsewhere made making wide ranging assumptions based off it, you didn't seem to like that when I did something similar with you and yet here you are doing it yourself.

What are you basing that on? Merely the fact that he's pointed out that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world? That seems like quite the reach there.

I think you missed my point as you often do. You're holding him to account for a comment he made elsewhere made making wide ranging assumptions based off it, you didn't seem to like that when I did something similar with you and yet here you are doing it yourself.
My wide ranging assumptions are based on those comments as well as his freak out after Rogan had Hirsi Ali on his podcast. He has a track record of freaking out at the smallest perceived slight against Islam. Remember his excuse making in the Khabib threads? My observation based on his track record seem more accurate than gross, I'd say. Notice it's an accusation I've never aimed your way even though you support BDS?

We've become entrenched in a sort of long ranging debate where we both make assumptions and never really have a fruitful conversation on this topic. You've admitted as much. So, do we continue?

My wide ranging assumptions are based on those comments as well as his freak out after Rogan had Hirsi Ali on his podcast. He has a track record of freaking out at the smallest perceived slight against Islam. Remember his excuse making in the Khabib threads? My observation based on his track record seem more accurate than gross, I'd say. Notice it's an accusation I've never aimed your way even though you support BDS?
Seriously? Based on that? Man that is some crazy reaching to go from that to "wants Israel wiped out". Imagine if you were that uncharitable with the anti-Muslim folks like TR or sweede. I really don't think you'd be that uncharitable to him if he wasn't Muslim.
We've become entrenched in a sort of long ranging debate where we both make assumptions and never really have a fruitful conversation on this topic. You've admitted as much. So, do we continue?
Oh I find them very fruitful.

Tbh I think moosaev is a bit of a goof like Ilhan Omar in that he puts his foot in his mouth when criticizing Zionists or defending Islam from its critics but lmao at not liking Hirsi Ali being evidence you are a crypto-Islamofascist who wants to wage scorched earth jihad against Israel and the West.

21 U.S states have legislated that independent contractors officially disavow any boycotting of Israel to be permitted to work.

13 U.S states maintain a literal blacklist of entities (businesses, companies, organizations etc) that participate in any boycotting of Israel so that they can bar them from access to state funds.

Furthermore, highly connected pro-Israeli private actors in the States actively exploit public record laws to ‘cancel’, blacklist, and ultimately ruin private citizens and/or residents who publicly espouse or organize BDS activities (anything pro-Palestinian tbh).

So let’s peel that onion back for a moment, shall we:

For a significant portion of the self-employed, the American government literally stipulates support of a foreign nation as a prerequisite for participating in the workforce. And that same gov’t economically punishes citizens/residents who do not comply in supporting this foreign nation.

As problematic as America’s dealings with China may be, it at least doesn’t encompass US residents being legally compelled to denounce anti-CCP activity to secure gainful employment, free from gov’t interference.

As for Yang, I'm not surprised. Just another opportunist pandering for said opportunity; this case being the NYC mayoral seat. 'Iz normal.

<BC1>

Well for what it’s worth I hope Yang loses any election he runs in.

I love Andrew Yang. I actually voted for him.

He supports a two state solution. He said BDS is not anti-semitic in itself.

Some jews love him, some jews hate him (because he is anti circumcision). Politics is politics.

Anyway....sure he is pandering to powerful Jewish votes with his comments, but still he is a great guy. What politician doesn't try to make Jewish constituents happy? Without their support you cannot go very far in anything, and he knows that.

Back