Andrew Yang: Dems don't do shit for the working class

i agree with this assessment. democratic party is sold out to special interest groups. we need more progressive policies. we need universal health care, we need a 15 dollar an hour minimum wage and we need affordable college for everyone and we need corporations to pay their fucking taxes.

Hard to argue with that. Thinking Trump is a douche is one thing, but you need to analyze why he had such a big appeal to the working class in the middle states. Dems tend to be elitist and are out of touch with what's going on in Farmland, USA. I'm no Trump Supporter btw. The two party system and electoral college needs some revising.

Same shit has happened in Europe, the « Social Democrat » parties have become a feel good projects for the urban high income people and magic cash dispensers for the welfare recipients.
The middle class foots the bill as usual.
The best example is the Labour Party in England.

He's less hated than Hillary or Trump
Is being slightly more likable than two unlikable scumbags really the metric? Okay, fine. But Yang said he is a uniting presence but he isn't. 70 million voted for an incompetent clown than him and another 80-90 million didn't vote at all.

He's less hated than Hillary or Trump
He was also endearing and people from the RNC and DNC loved him. Pretty sure he spoke at McCains funeral? I dunno. I'm drunk, had he not been dealing with the loss of his child in 2016 pretty sure we wouldn't be dealing with the accused child rapist failed steak selling president we have now.

Biden is generally likeable and unlike Trump he's not cruel. I'm not a fan of Democrats but it's clear who is the better choice.

Is being slightly more likable than two unlikable scumbags really the metric? Okay, fine. But Yang said he is a uniting presence but he isn't.
I'm sorry Trump lost dude. But you need to get over it. No one is buying what your goofy ass is selling lmao.

Yang said in the video that Biden "is naturally a very unifying figure".

Biden on his own isn't very unifying. That "you ain't black if you vote Trump" is quite the fuck-up shit.

BUT... compared to Trump, yes Biden is waaaaay less divisive. Trump thrives on conflict between the left and right.

I could be wrong but I think they're fucked. There are traditional conservatives but the Trump/Qanon people are outnumbering them in wide margins. The placation of those crazy evangelicals resulted in this tbh.

I don't think there is any coming back for them. Boomers are dying off and Gen Z actually showed the fuck up to vote and they're further left than my stupid ass. The future isn't bright for the RNC unless they can rebrand somehow.

I've said this before, but Reagan truly was a horrible thing to happen to this cursed country. His dementia ridden, terrorist loving ass really started all this.

I always find it insanely hypocritical and ironic how when Reagan came into power on the backs of evangelical nutjobs, Barry Goldwater stood up for the party, choosing reason over these people.

Just forget about how he was one of the party's key architects, along with Nixon, in fabricating the electoral strategy the party still uses today, based on white grievance.

Hard to argue with that. Thinking Trump is a douche is one thing, but you need to analyze why he had such a big appeal to the working class in the middle states. Dems tend to be elitist and are out of touch with what's going on in Farmland, USA. I'm no Trump Supporter btw. The two party system and electoral college needs some revising.

Yang's ranked choice voting is a pretty damn good idea.

Look at polling data on specific "progressive" policies. Then contrast that with where each party is at.

You'll see the GOP way away from where the public is, and yet the dems are far away as well, if not as far.

The reality is that Trump and Biden are much closer politically on key issues than Biden and Sanders were.

The Republicans focus on voter suppression in the presidential election, the Democrats focus on it in their primaries.

Added to that the tactic this time was basically to have loads of faux progressive candidates, one to represent each sub group(women, black, gay, etc) who could get into conflict with Sanders to turn their base against him and then endorse Biden. Warren especially was a most egregious fraud of a politician.

We've seen in the UK as well or in Ecuador what you really need to look out for is the faux progressive, the Trojan horse who will say the right thing on a few issues but then betray the cause for their true masters when they have some power. The general rule of thumb is if your unsure of someone do not give them the benefit of the doubt, if they have a dodgy background career wise most obviously unless they have very clearly spoken against it.

Last edited:
I always find it insanely hypocritical and ironic how when Reagan came into power on the backs of evangelical nutjobs, Barry Goldwater stood up for the party, choosing reason over these people.

Just forget about how he was one of the party's key architects, along with Nixon, in fabricating the electoral strategy the party still uses today, based on white grievance.
I to this day think Reagan was the worst modern president we've ever had. The things he did in Latin America... His adoration of murdering children in Guatemala. Bro that genocide was insane, and it wasn't the only one he funded. Not to mention the war on drugs and for profit prisons as well as the acceptance of the radical tongue speaking Christians, a true dark day for American history.

How do you say that in Russian? Since you're sobbing more about Trump losing than even the white supremacists here.

The reality is that Trump and Biden are much closer politically on key issues than Biden and Sanders were.

The Repplucans focusing on voter suppression in the preidential election, the democrats focus on it in their primaries.

Added to that the tactic this time was basically to have loads of faux progressive candidates, one to represent each sub group(women, black, gay, etc) who could get into conflict with Sanders to turn their base against him and then endorse Biden. Warren especially was a most egregious fraud of a politician.

We've seen in the UK as well or in Ecuador what you really need to look out for is the faux progressive, the Trogan horse who will say the right thing on a few issues but they betray the cause for their true masters when they have some power.
This is a solid post dude, but one thing I'll give Biden credit for, is he's closer on public education and environmental regulation to Sanders than he is to Trump and those resonate highly with progressive voters like myself.

If you are a member, or follow the DSA this has been an incredible year. Local Democrat elections are being dominated by progressives.

So there's still hope. It's still just a matter of letting the Boomers die off. Probably the worst generation in the history of the nation, but there's still solid hope. No reason to lose the faith just yet.
<{cruzshake}>

The story is just that; a story. I don't judge a person on their stories. I judge them on their actions. He is just perceived as more empathetic but he really isn't.

Remember he is "the guy" who helped turned Libya into an area of open air slave trading. He has never answered to this or been questioned about it.

To a less dramatic example, remember the dude who was begging Biden to take a stance on immigration, Biden told him to vote for Trump. I can give more examples or post videos, but we know who he is.

Perception is not reality.
Most people aren't like you; focused on policy. It'll work for a lot of suburbanites and middle of America who just want normalcy and assurance that things will get better and a feeling that the President has their best interests at heart.

Those deeply entrenched in politics will probably deify and demonise him accordingly.

I to this day think Reagan was the worst modern president we've ever had. The things he did in Latin America... His adoration of murdering children in Guatemala. Bro that genocide was insane, and it wasn't the only one he funded. Not to mention the war on drugs and for profit prisons as well as the acceptance of the radical tongue speaking Christians, a true dark day for American history.

How do you say that in Russian? Since you're sobbing more about Trump losing than even the white supremacists here.

A documented racist
Sold out to bankers
Took America from creditor to debtor nation within first term
Foisted up numerous dictators
Sold out to religious nutjobs
Pushed an anti-science, anti-education position since time as governor
Terrible public health policies, especially on AIDs
Did nothing about brutally high murder rates across the nation
Iran/Contra

etc etc etc

It's like how with Trump, they go "He didn't start any wars!!!" while ignoring his huge ramp up in drone strikes, selling of weapons to a Wahhabist lead nation in SA, and kissed up to dictators the world over while needlessly killing more American CIVILIANS than most all our wars combined.

I don't how the lower to middle class thinks Trump benefitted them. Has tax cuts help the wealthy:

"These were not the results Republican backers of the tax overhaul promised. Speaking at a rally in 2018 in Indiana shortly after the release of a preliminary tax reform framework in September, President Trump repeatedly stressed that the "largest tax cut in our country's history" will "protect low-income and middle-income households, not the wealthy and well-connected."37

He added the plan is "not good for me, believe me." (That last claim is hard to verify because Trump is the first president or general election candidate since the 1970s not to release his tax returns. The reason he has given for this refusal is an IRS audit—the IRS responded that "nothing prevents individuals from sharing their own tax information.")

In its finalized form, however, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act cuts the corporate tax rate, benefiting shareholders, who tend to be higher earners. It only cuts individuals' taxes for a limited period of time. It scales back the alternative minimum tax and estate tax, as well as reducing the taxes levied on pass-through income (70% of which goes to the highest-earning 1%). It does not close the carried interest loophole, which benefits professional investors. It scraps the individual mandate, likely driving up premiums and making health insurance unaffordable for millions.

These provisions taken together are likely to benefit high earners disproportionately and—particularly as a result of scrapping the individual mandate—hurt some working- and middle-class taxpayers."

https://www.investopedia.com/taxes/trumps-tax-reform-plan-explained/
I paid Similar taxes, and for much bigger returns... I stand to lose 4K under Biden, assuming he changes tax laws. because it benefits high earners more does not meant middle was not benefiting, that’s democrats math, not based on reality.

The working class is the only class that deserves more, we already have systems in place for those who can’t/choose not to work.

if anything let’s build upon that instead of this equal outcome (Kamala) bullshit. I’ll take a 5% tax to better the quality of life in my country. That’s huge for social safety nets universally. Better that than scare all the big fish out of the country with insane taxes on 400,000+ people. Let’s share the load and not tax the people we need most to run a successful economy.

Most people aren't like you; focused on policy. It'll work for a lot of suburbanites and middle of America who just want normalcy and assurance that things will get better and a feeling that the President has their best interests at heart.

Those deeply entrenched in politics will probably deify and demonise him accordingly.
That's great. As long as they feel good, other things don't matter. Children living under every bridge in Los Angeles is fine as long as we can pretend the president is a nice guy.

Spoiler alert: Biden has never once displayed that he has anyone's best interests at heart except rich people and banks. Thanks for confirming that people only wanted their side to win and policies that actually affect people don't matter.

Back