Andrei Arlovski's Message To The Fans!

I thought he was planning on losing a bunch of fights and getting cut. I'm shocked to be find out his plan is to be champ

Ahh so they were. Both #4s when AA beat them. I stand corrected. Why is he fighting Mir next?

Right? He should be fighting for a title. Nobody in any other division has two top five KO wins in their last two fights (let alone first round.) Let's look at the other upcoming title challengers:

Dodson - uninspiring sparring match with Makovsky. Title shot.

Cerrone - great streak, this one is warranted but his best wins recently are decisions over Alvarez and Jury, and a BS win over Benson. Title shot.

Condit - 2-2 in his last four, coming off of one impressive showing over a guy who wasn't top ten. Title shot.

Rockhold - totally warranted, but his best win is Machida. That's one top five.

Gustafsson - Coming off a brutal KO loss. Title shot.

Cain - Coming off ridiculously long layoff and loss. Title shot.

Arlovski - 10-1 1 NC in his last twelve, the NC was actually a KO win over Sylvia but he soccer kicked him afterwards. Two top five KO wins back to back. Gets to fight Mir instead of a title shot.

Right? He should be fighting for a title. Nobody in any other division has two top five KO wins in their last two fights (let alone first round.) Let's look at the other upcoming title challengers:

Dodson - uninspiring sparring match with Makovsky. Title shot.

Cerrone - great streak, this one is warranted but his best wins recently are decisions over Alvarez and Jury, and a BS win over Benson. Title shot.

Condit - 2-2 in his last four, coming off of one impressive showing over a guy who wasn't top ten. Title shot.

Rockhold - totally warranted, but his best win is Machida. That's one top five.

Gustafsson - Coming off a brutal KO loss. Title shot.

Cain - Coming off ridiculously long layoff and loss. Title shot.

Arlovski - 10-1 1 NC in his last twelve, the NC was actually a KO win over Sylvia but he soccer kicked him afterwards. Two top five KO wins back to back. Gets to fight Mir instead of a title shot.

I actually understand the desire for Werdum/Cain II though it puts deserving contenders like AA in a shitty spot. It would make more sense for AA to fight Werdum and for Cain to work his way back to a title shot with at least 1 win over a top 5 guy. That Mexican market is just too important to the UFC so sport takes a second (or third) seat. I'm still surprised AA signed to fight Mir, but I guess he's just happy to be back in the UFC so he won't argue.

I actually understand the desire for Werdum/Cain II though it puts deserving contenders like AA in a shitty spot. It would make more sense for AA to fight Werdum and for Cain to work his way back to a title shot with at least 1 win over a top 5 guy. That Mexican market is just too important to the UFC so sport takes a second (or third) seat. I'm still surprised AA signed to fight Mir, but I guess he's just happy to be back in the UFC so he won't argue.

I remember reading something about how Andrei specifically didn't want a title shot yet, I thought that was strange. Especially now, after seeing this "message to the fans."

But yeah, with Pettis' and Cain's recent losses they are probably scrambling to repair the Hispanic market so it can keep expanding.

They've noticed since its very obviously improved, yet many still think he loses to the "top strikers" like AA and JDS, same as they felt he'd lose to "better" strikers like Browne and Hunt. I guess he'll have to beat the AAs and JDSs the same as he beat everyone else before he gets the credit he deserves.

I guess we have a different perspective on this.

Lots of people picked Werdoom over both of those guys.

And there is a significant difference between the good strikers and the best strikers in HW.

Anyhow, I think he gets plenty of credit and love. Dude is massively popular on SD.

But whatevs

Werdum has a message to Arlovski:

arlovskispanked.gif

You already have been UFC champ.
And I'll drink to you getting the strap again!

With his punching power, i'd give him a chance against anyone!

With his chin, I'd give anyone a chance against him!

Don't think it'll happen, but wouldn't be surprised if it did!

co-sign here

Ahh so they were. Both #4s when AA beat them. I stand corrected. Why is he fighting Mir next?

Good question. As even Mir himself alluded to, AA should've had the next shot & Joe Silva - for reasons unknown - seems intent on getting one of AA or Mir out of the title picture while they're both on pretty great comeback-run narratives (hell, both could be derailed if the fight sucks). Frankly, I can't see the loser of this fight ever having another title run afterwards, so why iw the proverbial wad is being blown now, especially when no one is really dying to see Werdum/Cain again right away... ummm?

Good question. As even Mir himself alluded to, AA should've had the next shot & Joe Silva - for reasons unknown - seems intent on getting one of AA or Mir out of the title picture while they're both on pretty great comeback-run narratives (hell, both could be derailed if the fight sucks). Frankly, I can't see the loser of this fight ever having another title run after this fight, so why the proverbial wad is being blown now, especially when no one really needs to see Werdum/Cain again... ehhhh?

Did one of them speak out against the Rebox deal? :icon_evil

dreaming is free, I like when he KO guys or gets KOed himself

AA always entertains. Better than 90% of the UFC, who are just glorified jiu-jitsu hobbiests/high school wrestlers.

Did one of them speak out against the Rebox deal? :icon_evil

Yeah, when AA said "how tastes my peepee" the UFC thought he was talking about Nike's Kobe 8 PPs and he was denied his title shot.

nike-kobe-8-pp-game-royal-1.jpg

Back