News Andrei Arlovski vs. Jared Vanderaa added to UFC 271 on Feb. 12th

Who wins?

• Total voters
vladimir-putin-clap.gif

I'm still salty that Arlovski didn't get a title shot against Werdum after the Travis Browne fight (or at least the Mir fight).

Fucking love Arlovski. Dude is getting paid most than 90% of UFC fighters to fight jobbers and not even putting a good show.

Hopefully he gets a win here and keeps conning the UFC.

You’re being disrespectful.

Being paid “most” than 90% of UFC fighters is not equivalent to getting paid the right amount, considering he’s a legend. Also, stepping in there and putting his health on the line at his age, against anyone, is a gift to MMA fans. It’s far from a “con.” Be thankful. I’m sorry, you’re the only one trying to run a con here.

Pitbull by Unanimous Decision. Looking forward to it.

Always rooting for Arlovski, but I hope he retire already.

I'm going to this event but it looks like there's 16 confirmed bouts for this event. That can't be right, can it?

Arlovski is going to retire a billionaire purely by gatekeeping against these cans. Arlovski bless.

Werdum vs Arlovski 2 made so much sense then.

It's not even like I was expecting him to win, but the energy after KO'ing bigfoot and Browne back to back was amazing. As well as the craziness of that fight, surely up there as one of the best ever for wildness. An Arlovski title shot after that would have been an extremely popular move, but oh well.

When I see Arlovski and Fedor still knocking around it makes me wonder if Tim Sylvia could still be fighting if he gave a fuck about being a professional athlete.

You’re being disrespectful.

Being paid “most” than 90% of UFC fighters is not equivalent to getting paid the right amount, considering he’s a legend. Also, stepping in there and putting his health on the line at his age, against anyone, is a gift to MMA fans. It’s far from a “con.” Be thankful. I’m sorry, you’re the only one trying to run a con here.
<BidenShutIt>

Imagine Arlovski wins and gets another title shot in 2022. That would be out of nowhere.

He was always way too fat
True enough, he didn't have to be says a lot about the difference in mindset, I remember him trying to take shortcuts with PEDs to look ripped but being functionally in-shape would have kept him competitive for a longer stretch.

War AA!

When I think back to his prime (before Timmeh beat him twice) if you asked me then which HW would still be winning in 15 years I would have picked him too. He was so fast, such a freak and stopping power in both hands. Nowadays he’s a completely different fighter but still winning!

Back