Andrea Lee was robbed, Reyes was not.

Also..

If Latifi tried to actually damage Lewis and landed 1 or 2 meaningful blows while giving Lewis the space and opportunity to work out of there, he probably would have won..
If Latifi was born in Texas and Lewis was some guy from Sweden, the crowd would have been cheering for Latifi, and Dan would not have stood them up.

It was corrupt hometown bullshit.

If you get taken down, your job is to get up. Refs should only stand things up if there's a true stalemate. They were not stalemated. Latifi was winning.

Standing up a boring ground fight makes as much sense as forcing a boring standup fight to go to the ground. Both are equally idiotic.

If Latifi was born in Texas and Lewis was some guy from Sweden, the crowd would have been cheering for Latifi, and Dan would not have stood them up.

It was corrupt hometown bullshit.

If you get taken down, your job is to get up. Refs should only stand things up if there's a true stalemate. They were not stalemated. Latifi was winning.
Based on my interpretation of the rules, Latifi wasn't using effective striking or effective grappling. Control means nothing if there is zero damage. Lewis was controlling Latifi from the bottom if anything. If Latifi was in a dominant position, he should have used it imo. The ref agreed.

Historically, you have to really beat the champion in order to get that belt and like Hendricks/GSP, Gustafsson or like any of Benson Henderson’s opponents learned, you have to win convincingly.

That's not true, Benson literally won the title from Frankie with a close and controversial win. Mighty Mouse Cejudo II was razor close and it went to the challenger, Lawler took Hendricks' title with a close and quite controversial split decision and so did Cruz against Dillashaw.

Not really. There was like a 3 year period where my friends and I would DVR the fights so we could fast forward obvious Lay n Pray fights while monotonously repeating "Greg Jackson" until their was action. These were the years culminating up to Dana claiming Greg was a "sport killer". My friends and I were like "Yeah fam. We know."

Honestly even that Usman fight vs Woodley was on par with any Jackson/Wink fight style. Usman didn't really do anything to Woodley other than hold down a ghost.

Latifi vs Lewis last saturday was about the same with latifi trying to hump him. Rashad Evans had spurts of LnP.

I was drunk and high but...

Wasn't Andre Ewell's victory the biggest robbery ever?

Genuinely thought Murphy won
But fuck knows

Back