Andre Ward vs Jerson Ravelo plus Eddie Chambers Tonight on ShoBox

Thought Hearns looked good but a little sloppy and he's definitely not as technical as he needs to be.

With Ward, this fight is in the 6th and I still don't see his technical prowess coming out. He's fighting a sloppy fight against a guy he should have put away by now. He keeps jumping in with these looping rights and then ties Revelo up. Every time I see him fight any body worth a damn it always seems like he scared to get knocked out and really doesn't sit in the pocket and work out like his skills would have you believe he should and could.

First time posting in the Boxing forum but was raised on a steady diet of Aaron Pryor, Duran, and Thomas Hearns tapes my father had and grew up watching the Bowe Holyfield wars. Pops is training fighters in Cincinnati now. Gotta say my favorite fighter was Pretty Boy but it's gotta be Vasquez or a guy like Valero. Just started learning the sweet science myself and am training out of Evanston Boxing Club here in Chicago.

Fight gets stoppedin the 8th. Ward knocked him down with a HARD right hand. Ravelo gets up at 8, and then gets mugged. Corner throws in the towel.

With Ward, this fight is in the 6th and I still don't see his technical prowess coming out. He's fighting a sloppy fight against a guy he should have put away by now. He keeps jumping in with these looping rights and then ties Revelo up. Every time I see him fight any body worth a damn it always seems like he scared to get knocked out and really doesn't sit in the pocket and work out like his skills would have you believe he should and could.

Definitely do NOT agree that he was fighting scared. If anything, he was too over anxious to put Ravelo away. Decent night for Ward, but I'd like to see him step up in class soon.

What happened in the Chambers fight? Anybody?

Definitely do NOT agree that he was fighting scared. If anything, he was too over anxious to put Ravelo away. Decent night for Ward, but I'd like to see him step up in class soon.

I guess scared isn't the word really. It's more of a lack of confidence in his skills. He seems like he's the total package but he won't just rely on his boxing skills, which are great. He ends up looking sloppy when he has all the tools to be anything but. I agree that he needs to fight more. They said some stat on the broadcast and I think it was like 66 rounds in three years.

I guess scared isn't the word really. It's more of a lack of confidence in his skills. He seems like he's the total package but he won't just rely on his boxing skills, which are great. He ends up looking sloppy when he has all the tools to be anything but. I agree that he needs to fight more. They said some stat on the broadcast and I think it was like 66 rounds in three years.

I can buy that. He does seem impatient at times. Really tough to tell when he is obviously head and shoulders above his opponent though. Im all for careful management of a fighter, but I would like to see him take on a more dangerous opponent soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back