bostonmma

Gold Belt
Reaction score
Andre Ward 168 vs Jerson Ravelo 166.5
Eddie Chambers 217 vs Raphael Butler 250
Wayne McCullough 124 vs Juan Ruiz 124
Ronald Hearns 156 vs Jose Luis Gonzalez 154
Charles Whitaker 156 vs Troy Lowry 156

Gold medalist Ward takes another step up facing the tough veteran Jerson Ravelo. While Ward debuted with all this hype, he has yet to put it all together. He still has very fast hands, but has shown a weak chin. Still if Andre Dirrell can get an eye opening win on ShoBox this year, why not Ward, he is due for a break out fight. Opening things up is Fast Eddie Chambers coming off a close lost to Povetkin in the title eliminator. Chambers fights like Chris Byrd used to fight. An undersized guy who makes good work on the inside, and both had little power. He faces former golden gloves champ Rapheal Butler a guy that has yet to have a big win. Butler will string a few wins together and then lose to a name guy like Art Binkowski. Still Butler is only 24 and hasn't lost in a year, he knows this is a huge chance and he is not afraid to throw a punch or two. Very interesting heavyweight fight hear. Enjoy the action tonight, it starts at 11pm.

Chambers is fighting tonight? Sweet.

Hopefully he learned a thing or two from his loss to Povetkin.
Chambers is now on ESPN while Whitherspoon is on HBO.... bit of a reversal.

Chambers is not on ESPN, this is ShoBox, which is ShoTime

I feel very lost heading into the weekend when Boston doesn't do one of these threads on Friday.

didnt know chambers was fighting tonight...ill watch for that for sure.

I wanna catch this but why the hell is it on at 11 oclock on a friday night?

I'd kind of like to see the HEarns fight.

I wanna catch this but why the hell is it on at 11 oclock on a friday night?

The fight is taking place in the Cayman Islands, and in California it should be on @ 8pm (if you get the Eastern Showtime Feed).

11PM is a rebroadcast.

I think some people might be disappointed. Both sho.com and maxboxing are listing the Ronald Hearns fight as televised, not the Chambers fight.

Ward's winning, but looking a little sloppy to me. Seems like he's in a hurry.

Just finished the 4th. Ward's looking better. Doing a good job of counter punching and making Ravelo pay for his mistakes. Ravelo's making a lot of mistakes and basically looks like crap tonight. Ward looks pretty good, but he keeps lunging in.

Just finished the 4th. Ward's looking better. Doing a good job of counter punching and making Ravelo pay for his mistakes. Ravelo's making a lot of mistakes and basically looks like crap tonight. Ward looks pretty good, but he keeps lunging in.

Alright, good to hear my boy is doing a good job.
He better fucking win tonight, I have high expectations for him.

Back