Andre Ward (Olympic Gold Medalist Boxer) Praises Nate's Boxing Skills

Wise words from Ward at the end.

Stand-up guy. Like him alot.

I honestly think he's just being polite though when he talks about the Diaz's Boxing in a Boxing context.

76 inch to 74 inch isnt some huge discrepancy

conor is going to dance around nate...not stand in front of him like MJ did..like cerrone did

... It Is when your opponent has 4 or 5 inches of height on you dude.

Great to hear boxing me MMA competitors giving each other respect. So much better than what their fans usually say (on here, for example).

Ward has had a disappointing couple of years, but he's targeting Kovalev in 2016 and if he wins that fight, he will probably be considered the top p4p fighter in the world.

a guy nate trains/trained with is praising his boxing?

take it with a grain of salt

now saenchai praising conors hands is something else
Why would a guy like Ward train with them if he didn't believe every word of what he's saying?

Doesn't matter. Boxing is not a great striking base in MMA without KO power.

Almost every elite striker with a boxing base hits hard. Rumble, JDS, Hunt, Arlovski, and Robbie.

Gus is an exception, but he has excellent movement. Diaz may have technically sound boxing, but he doesn't have the movement nor the power to hurt McGregor. Just like Nick had nothing for Condit.

If a narrowly contested SD is "nothing" then sure.

Not sure if this has been said but Rondas boxing coach also praised her boxing...and we all know how that went against Holly

Ward may not have a mural of himself with Ali, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

Ward is the best of his era in his division. Sucks he never fights.
I remember when he was an amateur, I could not wait for him to go pro.
What a disappointment that he has let so much time slip by.

Remember when he was the man on Tuesday Night Fights? Amazing boxer, wished he would have had better and more competition.

Cliffs for all the (Conor Only Fan) noobs about the Diaz bros boxing skills from one of the current p4p best. Also, bump for TS prophet.

- Says he wouldn't be using Nick/Nate as partners if they weren't any good
- When they need southpaws they'll call either or both of them up to spar
- Nick/Nate could do well in boxing, doesn't know how far they'd make it, but they could compete in the pros
- Nick is more I'll throw my best shot, then you throw yours, while Nate is the more skillful/volume/better angles
- Nate was one of Ward's main sparring partners for Chad Dawson

More people gotta recognize this. Pretty sure he's been using them since 2011 so he obviously respects them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back